I had read about a group of some 100 Infosys people came together and had invited builders to start a project for them on mutually agreeable terms.
http://bit.ly/2IFnHf

While reading that, I came to know about this group ITPWAP which says it has started a project in sus gaon and they are in land registration stage..

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/ITPWAP/

Anybody knows anything about the fate of these two initiatives ?
Read more
395 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    How do you know I don't know a lot about this project ( I think you are assuming this)...

You are doing the "exactly opposite" what you are writing here...i.e. neither you know me & nor you know, what I know about this project & without knowing this you just wrote that "you do not even know a lot about their project.. how you can write so strongly about them and expect them not to be angry about it"...

May I know what compelled you to write so

Hey You are right.. maybe i did assume the same.. but i had a feeling that you did not talk to the guy who has started the initiative.. and wrote some stuff.. which was not to pleasant to read.. Sorry if i hurt you.. but dont like people attacking others.. we all have a right to opinion.. lets try keep it rational and non personal..

Apologies for acting opposite to my own advice..

But how much research did you do..and what were your findings..
    CommentQuote
  • Let us try to refrain frm making the thread more controversial!! if you are genuinely interested in d project, plese revert on any question and wud try to reply back!! if not, happy house hunting

The above 2 lines are no marketing gimmick / promotional stmnt/a desperate attempt to save the project by gathering numbers!! frm academic point of view of marketing, this forum is a weak target audience..since members r more informed thn most of current buyers to fall into a trap...so even if smone is prmoting a project, its nt gonna be furitful neways!!

the thread almost turned out to be a builder's a gent using this thread to gather numbers and threatening pple to buy d project so tht he can get a gud commission, which itself is against the spirit of the project :)

all of u chill now and maintain the d spirit of d forum!! thn most of current buyers to fall into a trap...so even if smone is prmoting a project, its nt gonna be furitful neways!!

the thread almost turned out to be a builder's a gent using this thread to gather numbers and threatening pple to buy d project so tht he can get a gud commission, which itself is against the spirit of the project :)

all of u chill now and maintain the d spirit of d forum!!
    CommentQuote
  • Have you guys read the "Abusive Language Policy?

We notice that some posters are adept at using abusive language. We urge all to keep in mind that one of the rules is to refrain from using abusive language.

People have different opinions to express and they should do so in a civil manner. Responses to them should be civil as well. Even if you think a poster has ideas that seem strange from your perspective, do not tell the poster that he is stupid. You should comment on his or her ideas without insulting him.

Our Moderators will take action against such users. As per the forum guidelines, you agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned
    CommentQuote
  • Posts matter, not posters.

Well,

I have been observing this post for quite some time as it took off like a rocket!:D However, more than the project, there seems to be a fight between promoters of the project & those who question viability of the project.:(

Let me tell you that I appreciate the initiative of starting something on our own by punching on face of PBAP/Credai Pune which takes buyers for a ride. Yet, it is good that someone raises doubts/criticizes the project as it gives all new dimension & helps people gather the truth. Situation becomes ugly when instead of the idea/comment, the person who gets the idea/makes comment is targeted.

It is better to know both sides of the coin, no matter who bets on heads or tails.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Not trying to promote Aarohi

Folks I don't intend to promote Aarohi on this thread. I am sorry if my posts have sounded so.

What I wanted to show is what can be achieved in group housing projects like ITPWAP or Insignia.

Summary:

You can get much better quality and specs at a very reasonable rate (about 30-50% cheaper). But there are drawbacks in terms of time taken for completion (Double) and managing the whole group (I saw 3 failures before a success). Even in Aarohi we expect the construction to take anywhere between 21 to 24 months though we had planned for standard 18 months.

If any body is interested in starting a group housing scheme, do drop me a personal note to get some tips. There are quiet a few models you can go ahead with.

I wanted to end my post here but am tempted to post one more thing I learnt from Aarohi: All the "Luxury Aminities" Don't cost more than 300-400 Rs/sq ft for which the builders charge upto a 1000 Rs/sqft.

Another thing: The salable area calculation. This is a big fraud. If we calculate the way builders in Pune calculate the salable Area the Rate the initial buyers paid in Aarohi is not 1900/sqft. It is 1650/sqft.

Another way in which builders make money: Penthouse. If you keep the roof of the building vacant you don't get any money. Now lets assume you have 4 flats on a floor. You create One flat on the roof and sell the remaining roof as Terace. The builder makes The money equal to 1.5 Flats without spending a dime.

Boss you will be surprised where all you can save money if you go in for group housing.
    CommentQuote
  • These are good points sumit. Definately no one wants to spend their hard earned money.. or to be earned (in case of loan) on low quality expensice housing.

I know someone who had a bunglow and broke it down and made a 4 story apartment with 1 apartment on each floor.. they sold it to known people and earned quite a bit. this small apartment building has just 4 members.
    obviouslt no swimming pool, gym etc. etc..

The point i am trying to make and would invite some comments on is why is it required to go in for large groups.. Smaller groups can also work.. and small fraction of the money you save by building urselves can then be used to take life membership at some big club.. for GYm.. Swimming pool. tennis court etc. etc.

VK
    CommentQuote
  • Veemkay - Agree with you.

Groups - small or big are definitely helpful especially in Pune where the Real Prices have been increasing in an unREAListic manner. It also makes sense to save money and take lifemembership in a nice club.
    CommentQuote
  • Aarohi spams

Someone seems to be spamming the web for AAROHI project.

Check this.

http://smritiweb.com/navin/uncategorized/pune-builders-resorting-to-fake-comment-postings
    CommentQuote
  • ^^ strange..i've started to become a little apprehensive now ..
    CommentQuote
  • Thats is a very nice link Aditi.
    He he he.... just shows the desperation of builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi aditi,

Such a wonderful link. The logic is the same:- Just like builders used to go for new project without completing the first, they are now posting new comment before former is published.:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hi aditi,

Such a wonderful link. The logic is the same:- Just like builders used to go for new project without completing the first, they are now posting new comment before former is published.:D
    2 detectives - Aditi n Real...gr8 work...
    CommentQuote
  • Yes it funny

Indeed funny! I thought the folks at Tierth Developers were novices when it came to IT :D
    They don't even have a website.
    CommentQuote
  • Actually only novice would do so- W/o prior comment posted posting a response to that and from same IP!

However I am still trying to fiugre it out whether one should really take it as an attempt to promote it by Teerth. It needs to be seen as an attempt to make more people aware / invoke response for a noteworthy initiative as generally majority people have tendency to brush aside such things calling it unworkeable.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ndegaonkar

However I am still trying to fiugre it out whether one should really take it as an attempt to promote it by Teerth. It needs to be seen as an attempt to make more people aware / invoke response for a noteworthy initiative as generally majority people have tendency to brush aside such things calling it unworkeable.

It surely seems like an attempt to promote the builder. If it would have been an attempt to promote and encourage the initiative, it would have atleast a word about ITPWAP or a link to their group. Here its stereotype brokers pitch.
    Not to forget the builder is soon going to launch extra units outside the group at higher price.
    CommentQuote