Hi,

This might be a repeated question (I have searched the forum and cant get a appropriate answer)

I recently visited a Plot site in Hinjewadi, It was a Agri Plot however, the broker claimed that he has got survey number for the same.

Can this plot be used for building a house ?

Should i be considering buying this plot ?

What other documents details should i check ?

Kindly help
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • getting help of a property lawyer would be right choice.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks. I m planning to do the same in coming week

Just curious to know what documents i should be checking and is it possible to get a Survey no. on agri plots ?
    CommentQuote
  • don't buy agree plots less that 10000 sqft. you'll not be able to convert it to NA and so can't build anything on the plot.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by houseseeker2
    Hi,

This might be a repeated question (I have searched the forum and cant get a appropriate answer)

I recently visited a Plot site in Hinjewadi, It was a Agri Plot however, the broker claimed that he has got survey number for the same.

Can this plot be used for building a house ?

Should i be considering buying this plot ?

What other documents details should i check ?

Kindly help

It is a difficult question. There is no simple straight answer.

There are thousands of such plots all along Marunji road and other places around Hinjawadi and not many owners have built anything on those plots.

If you have a large family and you do not mind living in relative isolation you can buy plot. build house and live there for whatever time you can until either the construction gets legalized through Gunthewari or declared illegal and demolished. This kind of things is NOT for nuclear family hubby wife+ 2 kids. You need extended family which can establish physical presence and provide security for yourself. Water+electricity can be arranged.

It is an investment with large risk.

Heck you might get lucky. Govt policies might take favorable turn and your investment will give excellent returns. For example state govt declares Hinjawadi as a Municipal corporation and surrounding land gets zoned Residential. They you gain.

On the other hand Govt policies take a different turn, your land gets acquired for MIDC and you get some little compensation and you walk away. You might incur small amount of loss or get very little profit.

Agri plots within 10 kms( or 5 Kms I am not sure) of municipal limits get a survey number.
    You can verify using a lawyer that the land has survey number.

You should do a land title search using a lawyer and give advertizement in newspaper etc before making the deal. Consult a local lawyer not affiliated with the broker.

There you are. Make your own evaluation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by msp1976
    It is a difficult question. There is no simple straight answer.

There are thousands of such plots all along Marunji road and other places around Hinjawadi and not many owners have built anything on those plots.

If you have a large family and you do not mind living in relative isolation you can buy plot. build house and live there for whatever time you can until either the construction gets legalized through Gunthewari or declared illegal and demolished. This kind of things is NOT for nuclear family hubby wife+ 2 kids. You need extended family which can establish physical presence and provide security for yourself. Water+electricity can be arranged.

It is an investment with large risk.

Heck you might get lucky. Govt policies might take favorable turn and your investment will give excellent returns. For example state govt declares Hinjawadi as a Municipal corporation and surrounding land gets zoned Residential. They you gain.

On the other hand Govt policies take a different turn, your land gets acquired for MIDC and you get some little compensation and you walk away. You might incur small amount of loss or get very little profit.

Agri plots within 10 kms( or 5 Kms I am not sure) of municipal limits get a survey number.
    You can verify using a lawyer that the land has survey number.

You should do a land title search using a lawyer and give advertizement in newspaper etc before making the deal. Consult a local lawyer not affiliated with the broker.

There you are. Make your own evaluation.

Thank you!

I really appreciate the feedback.

I will check with the lawyer once and will update the thread

Thank you!
    CommentQuote
  • I have one more question, i have seen couple of plots which are in residential zone but are not NA (Plotting done on gunthewari basis)

So, Agri plots in R Zone can be converted to NA ?

How is it for investment or for immediate construction.

The plot which i m talking about is in Pashan (Residential Zone) but it is a Agri plot
    CommentQuote
  • If the plot is in R zone NA can obtained. But process is time consuming and costly
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by houseseeker2
    I have one more question, i have seen couple of plots which are in residential zone but are not NA (Plotting done on gunthewari basis)

So, Agri plots in R Zone can be converted to NA ?

How is it for investment or for immediate construction.

The plot which i m talking about is in Pashan (Residential Zone) but it is a Agri plot

Friend,

Gunthewari is basially unauhorised division of private agricultural lands (including structures thereon if any) some of which have been regularised by Govt in past subject to certain conditions.Reselling such gunthewaris is an issue (as I understand) and involves a risk of regularisation on your name.
    Please check this point with your lawyer else keep away.
    CommentQuote
  • agricultural land,gunthewari land

Originally Posted by vjosh2
    Friend,

Gunthewari is basially unauhorised division of private agricultural lands (including structures thereon if any) some of which have been regularised by Govt in past subject to certain conditions.Reselling such gunthewaris is an issue (as I understand) and involves a risk of regularisation on your name.
    Please check this point with your lawyer else keep away.

We should by and large keep away from any transaction which has some illegality involved.Dont take risk with hard earned money,in the hope that subsequent regularisation will follow,you can get away with paying some fine or you will get some buyer willing to take risk etc.
    Do things the full legal way and then only RE sector will improve and become transparent.
    CommentQuote