Hello guys,

I am moving to Pune by December 2012 end to join a company in Hinjewadi. My wife is pregnant and we are expecting a baby by end of March 2013. I need your help to decide on a good place to stay.

My budget for rent is going to be 15,000 and I would need a unfurnished 2BHK. The house needs to be spacious, with all modern amenities, with a lot of sunlight for the young kid. As I might have to work 2-10, I would require the travel time to be 15-30 minutes from Hinjewadi Phase 2. Also, I would need excellent medical facilities nearby, or travel time to Jehangir hospital to be as less as possible.

I have picked few places - Bane Balewadi road (I read that it is relatively unsafe), Baner Road and Baner Pashan Link road (which I heard is a bit secluded). I am not sure if my budget and travel time constrain would allow me to pick a house in Aundh. However if I am wrong, please correct me.

If possible, please mention the ideal society to live in as well.

This is my first post here. Apologies in case I have not followed any forum rules.

Regards
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Your first question should be ... where is the best doctor/hospital for delivery of the baby. Would I get aaya for the baby (for the massages etc.). Would your wife have a few neighbours around or would she live in an empty society? How reliable is transportation if she needs to travel alone? Do Rickshaws come there?

Research in that area a bit ..

Forget any secluded / far off area ....my personal choice would be Baner or Aundh... even Kothrud/Bavdhan. .... close to some good doctors/hospitals. You should easily get rentals in Aundh at older societies (e.g. Siddharth nagar, Rohan Nilay type).

Good luck!

~D
    CommentQuote
  • Welcome to the forum, by the way!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohitnig
    Hello guys,

I am moving to Pune by December 2012 end to join a company in Hinjewadi. My wife is pregnant and we are expecting a baby by end of March 2013. I need your help to decide on a good place to stay.

My budget for rent is going to be 15,000 and I would need a unfurnished 2BHK. The house needs to be spacious, with all modern amenities, with a lot of sunlight for the young kid. As I might have to work 2-10, I would require the travel time to be 15-30 minutes from Hinjewadi Phase 2. Also, I would need excellent medical facilities nearby, or travel time to Jehangir hospital to be as less as possible.

I have picked few places - Bane Balewadi road (I read that it is relatively unsafe), Baner Road and Baner Pashan Link road (which I heard is a bit secluded). I am not sure if my budget and travel time constrain would allow me to pick a house in Aundh. However if I am wrong, please correct me.

If possible, please mention the ideal society to live in as well.

This is my first post here. Apologies in case I have not followed any forum rules.

Regards

Its tough but gettable in Aundh buddy. Its tough to get new houses for 15K in Aundh. However its extremely better for your family since you will have all the facilities at walking distance
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kalzav
    Its tough but gettable in Aundh buddy. Its tough to get new houses for 15K in Aundh. However its extremely better for your family since you will have all the facilities at walking distance

What would be rent in Aundh in that case?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rendezvous
    Your first question should be ... where is the best doctor/hospital for delivery of the baby. Would I get aaya for the baby (for the massages etc.). Would your wife have a few neighbours around or would she live in an empty society? How reliable is transportation if she needs to travel alone? Do Rickshaws come there?

Forget any secluded / far off area ....my personal choice would be Baner or Aundh... even Kothrud/Bavdhan. .... close to some good doctors/hospitals. You should easily get rentals in Aundh at older societies (e.g. Siddharth nagar, Rohan Nilay type).

Good luck!

~D

Which societies in Baner would you recommend? Most houses there are relatively newer than in Aundh, and cheaper too.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rendezvous
    Your first question should be ... where is the best doctor/hospital for delivery of the baby. Would I get aaya for the baby (for the massages etc.). Would your wife have a few neighbours around or would she live in an empty society? How reliable is transportation if she needs to travel alone? Do Rickshaws come there?

Good luck!

~D

I might not be a good help in real estate but sure for a good hospital..

Two hospitals
    1) Tulip on Senapati Bapat road .
    2) Gupte hospital on bhandarkar road .

Since both these hospitals would be near by to aundh and baner.
    Look out for a rental home near the sanewadi area in aundh..there is a small playground near that many old societies two - three stories max hence none of the society blocks the sunlight :) .. calm , quiet place and since the playground is in between surrounded by small buildings from all four sides it would be good playground for your baby :)
    rent might be high..!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Your first priority (What I feel) must be a 'new comer' in your family ! Then safety & security of your wife ! I hope you can learn & manage getting along with 'Pune traffic' soon.

My choice (considering Hinjewadi...which phase??!) is
    1. Aundh
    2. Baner Pashan Link Road ( Pl. be informed for tanker water !!!)
    3. Baner
    4. Sus Road

As far as hospitals are concerned:

1. Gupte hospital.
    2. Dr. Dairyashil Shirole - Deccan Gymkhana

All the best and Welcome to Pune !
    CommentQuote
  • I think you should consider Aundh as first first option. It is well connected.
    You can reach main hospitals easily.

My friends got 2BHK for 15,000 recently near Med-point hospital.
    So, you should also be able to get one. BUT if it would be able to satisfy your requirement of 'spaciousness', 'amenities' etc - I am doubtfull.
    CommentQuote
  • I would recommend Aundh but will be expensive. Problem with parts of Baner & Baner-Balewadi is that you will have to rely on tanker water, not very secure, ton of pollution (noise and air) & parts of the areas are not at all clean.

You should also consider Pimpri-Chinchwad or Wakad as I have heard that PCMC is much better than PMC when it comes to improvement in living conditions and infrastructure development.

One option to consider is Hinjewadi itself if you are not very particular about staying in the city. But it will depend on where you can find a good place to rent. Big advantage will be your commute to the office. I have booked an apartment in Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes & it takes around 15-20 minutes to reach Aditya Birla hospital from Hinjewadi phase 1 via the Dange Chowk road which is now much better after demolishing unauthorized property and expanding it. However traffic can be bad during office hours (only affects if you are heading towards the Wakad/Baner/Aundh area in the evenings. Expansion of the Hinjewadi road is in progress but will take few months.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    I would recommend Aundh but will be expensive. Problem with parts of Baner & Baner-Balewadi is that you will have to rely on tanker water, not very secure, ton of pollution (noise and air) & parts of the areas are not at all clean.

Add: Watch out for the bumpy ride of badly constructed roads like baner main road in this phase. May sound minor topic, but choose area from where you can get as smooth ride (scarcely available in pune) as possible ! All the best !
    CommentQuote