If someone search the property (residential/commercial/plots) for you as per your budget, specifications and area and gives you all available options, arrange site visit, would you go for the service and pay 2K Rs.for it?
Please let me know the answer with your thoughts. if you don't want to share the thoughts pls atleast say yes, no or maybe.
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • no
    CommentQuote
  • Nope, doubtful for new props, as other agents don't charge a dime...
    CommentQuote
  • prop search

Yes.Provided I buy one of the properties searched and recommended by the agent.
    CommentQuote
  • Nope, mostly people with such schemes are jobless agents and are a burden on the society. It is better not to support their life. Everybody must live by working. Agents are not workers. They are parasites and are one of the elements that keeps the RE prices so high. It is better that they are not present in the society. And one of the ways to do that is not to support them.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the replies.
    See from where I am coming from:
    We as many other property buyers, roam around to search ‘Dream Home’ with no idea how to find out the options in required locality with our budget and concept.
    The typical home search starts with searching property editions of time of india, sakaal and search using various property portals but unfortunately none of these option gives us idea on if the price and the concept the property has.
    Once we have property list ready, then we start calling builders, and start visiting various projects randomly on weekends with no clue which project we should visit and which we should not. This goes on for couple of weekends and after sheer frustration we compromise and buy a flat may be somewhere our friend or relative has bought or we generally leave the hope of our dream home with the concept and book the flat with compromises in the our dream home concept.
    So if someone understand your dream home concept and area with budget, possession and gives you shortlisted options and arranges transport to visit those options. Negotiate with builder if you like property, help you in selecting and processing home loan. Provides you legal service to check documents and agreement.
    And if this service is paid service with just 2-3K Rs. then would you go for the service?
    CommentQuote
  • Maybe...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vision2012
    If someone search the property (residential/commercial/plots) for you as per your budget, specifications and area and gives you all available options, arrange site visit, would you go for the service and pay 2K Rs.for it?

Yes, why not.

Would pay him 2k for four site visits and provided he (she :D) gives pick and drop from home to site.
    CommentQuote
    Thanks for the replies.
    See from where I am coming from:
    We as many other property buyers, roam around to search ‘Dream Home’ with no idea how to find out the options in required locality with our budget and concept.
    The typical home search starts with searching property editions of time of india, sakaal and search using various property portals but unfortunately none of these option gives us idea on if the price and the concept the property has.
    Once we have property list ready, then we start calling builders, and start visiting various projects randomly on weekends with no clue which project we should visit and which we should not. This goes on for couple of weekends and after sheer frustration we compromise and buy a flat may be somewhere our friend or relative has bought or we generally leave the hope of our dream home with the concept and book the flat with compromises in the our dream home concept.
    So if someone understand your dream home concept and area with budget, possession and gives you shortlisted options and arranges transport to visit those options. Negotiate with builder if you like property, help you in selecting and processing home loan. Provides you legal service to check documents and agreement.
    And if this service is paid service with just 2-3K Rs. then would you go for the service?

if you dont know what you want how do you expect 10th pass property agent to help you out ..... when i bought i knew what i wanted .. dude it is matter of 3-4 million rupees (30-40 lakh:D million makes it sound big :bab (59):) .....
    Buying property should be informed decision... RE agents wont give you all the good options ... the best is to stop being lazy and search an area ... use this forum for info and call the builders if u need anything...use Agents only for resales
    you seem to be Poperty agent or a Newbie MBA trying to start a new venture.....
    CommentQuote
  • People generally know what they wanted but they don't know where that ''wanted'' is. Here the help can be given by providing ALL matching options to the property buyer from lets say database of 1000+ projects.
    May be you were lucky to get what you wanted easily but I was not that lucky. I searched home for 6 months and the same was experienced by many of my friends and relatives.
    People pls provide your feedback if in yes or know and your precious thoughts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Tangent
    if you dont know what you want how do you expect 10th pass property agent to help you out ..... when i bought i knew what i wanted .. dude it is matter of 3-4 million rupees (30-40 lakh:D million makes it sound big :bab (59):) .....
    Buying property should be informed decision... RE agents wont give you all the good options ... the best is to stop being lazy and search an area ... use this forum for info and call the builders if u need anything...use Agents only for resales
    you seem to be Poperty agent or a Newbie MBA trying to start a new venture.....

Exactly. I was going to say same thing.
    Nobody can/will put more efforts in finding your perfect home than you.
    As said above, are you thinking of this as business opportunity? Huh? ;)

Originally Posted by vision2012
    People generally know what they wanted but they don't know where that ''wanted'' is. Here the help can be given by providing ALL matching options to the property buyer from lets say database of 1000+ projects.
    May be you were lucky to get what you wanted easily but I was not that lucky. I searched home for 6 months and the same was experienced by many of my friends and relatives.

Its not possible to find "Perfect" home these days (Considering the prices); You have to compromise.
    "As a "Perfect" home, I want 3BHK, 2000 sqft flat in Shivajinagar for 30-40 Lakhs. Bunglow would be preferred." ;) - Is it possible? - NO

I also searched for 6-7 months & at the end compromised.
    And, I dont think any agent would have been able to give me better deal/project than the one I have chosen.
    CommentQuote
    People generally know what they wanted but they don't know where that ''wanted'' is. Here the help can be given by providing ALL matching options to the property buyer from lets say database of 1000+ projects.

The general mentality of people is - how can that guy earn Rs. 2K so easily in 2-3 hrs just by showing me the project/flat which I may not buy.
    Because of this, i don't think any one will be ready to pay.
    CommentQuote

my search wasnt easy .. similar to most of the ones in the forum...
    i spent lot of time finding the right property ...
    every one has to compromise because with increase imn income expectations (size, no bedrooms, better locality etc)keep on increasing.
    CommentQuote
  • Well..I think it might be worth a shot..
    Since the overall amount that you would be paying him / her is about 2 K only, the worst that can happen is that you don't like the properties at all and you end up with a 2 K loss...not the end of the world right..

I think you should incentivise this search for him/her...probably with a proposition that if you happen to buy any of the properties that he introduces to you then you can pay him 5 K (instead of 2 K)..nothing works better than a carrot once in a while..
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for replies and thoughts.
    @boy.hash: The service would be there till the time you find the house. It won't be for one day.

People please share your thoughts & yes or no.
    CommentQuote
  • Its not possible to find "Perfect" home these days

I would say "Buy your house and then make it a Perfect Home"

Above is a continuing process
    and gives lot of inner pleasure and contentment :)
    CommentQuote