Last updated: December 19 2012
41 | Posts
5314 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I missed the 'bus'

Friends,

I wanted to make an investment in Pune; but the prices have appreciated a lot. I was just wondering whether it makes any sense to invest in a property now? We have seen prices going from 2500 to 5200 psf, but now if we enter at 5200 psf, how much appreciation can we expect? Places like Punavale, Dhanori, Wagholi...which are not even livable have started charging in the range of 3400-3900; Should I just take history of RE (prices would never correct, but would be stable)...and move on with the mad rush of investing?...or is it that I have really missed the bus? so maybe consider any other option of investments.

Note: I am already exhausted in terms of financial resources, will be shelling out my entire savings, doing all this in a hope that post retirement I would have something to make a living out of!

Re : Have I missed the 'bus'

This is the reason very few people keep saying buy at the time when it makes sense "only" to you!!! People will keep saying 'the area is not justified for that rate, water problems, concrete jungle and the list will keep growing...' but as an investor you should jump in and grab the opportunity.

I know few people who invested in Kharadi/Wagholi at 1800psf and now sold at premium rates and invested in other Tier II cities. You have to keep bouncing it!

Just a small suggestion, if you are looking at premium appreciation, which no one can predict and people will keep juggling on this thought but still if your vision is for long term which you said is retirement, than rather than expecting steep not the least it will keep rising gradually.

P.S.I hope you have other diversified investment also, just don't rely on RE for your retirement and post needs.
    Those days were ACHHAY when houses were KACHHAY & hearts were SACHHAY

Comment

RE investment

Originally posted by pras_kul View Post
      Friends,

I wanted to make an investment in Pune; but the prices have appreciated a lot. I was just wondering whether it makes any sense to invest in a property now? We have seen prices going from 2500 to 5200 psf, but now if we enter at 5200 psf, how much appreciation can we expect? Places like Punavale, Dhanori, Wagholi...which are not even livable have started charging in the range of 3400-3900; Should I just take history of RE (prices would never correct, but would be stable)...and move on with the mad rush of investing?...or is it that I have really missed the bus? so maybe consider any other option of investments.

Note: I am already exhausted in terms of financial resources, will be shelling out my entire savings, doing all this in a hope that post retirement I would have something to make a living out of!
      Any investment needs study.Shelling out whole savings into one avenue is not advisable.History of RE not correcting is not true.You just may not get a buyer at the price you want.RE transactions are complicated and finally if you dont make solid profit and more than opportunity cost,it is not worth it. Dont run after a bus if it has moved on.You might slip and fall.
      Dhanori is very much livable so is Wagholi.Dont get carried away by stories of price rise and invest without deep study.
      Can I afford a house at current prices?
      Indian Real Estate Bubble – will it ever burst?
      Study these articles and invest with care.Future is unpredictable.Care and caution and dont go for hype and dreams of unrealistic profits.Advice is conservative but well meaning.

Comment

Thanks!

I've got two very valuable suggestions, really appreciate your inputs guys...

Yeah, it surely makes sense that I need to gauge my capacity and make the investment...surely would have been simpler only if there was a rule book somewhere

Any ways, sincere thanks for both Eloish and Vaibhav, you guys rock!!

Comment

Rule book

Dear friend,
          you make your own rules with your own financial background and family requirements.
          Forethought,study is mandatory for investing.Money doesnt grow by running after a bus.Bus of choice should take you to the financial destination of your choice and desire.RE is a good sector for growth of wealth.Study it, check out the legal,tax and financial implications and definitely invest as per your capacity and long term plans.
          Always invest in an instrument you fully understand.
          Last edited December 10 2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Have I missed the 'bus'
            did you listen to this forum and then missed the bus ?

Comment

@PointOfView - No, not at all

Actually I feel this forum is very informative and has members who care for others. I mean why would anyone spend time answering queries, and that too when they are not going to get any benefits out of it.

Thanks.

Comment

@PointOfView - No, not at all

Actually I feel this forum is very informative and has members who care for others. I mean why would anyone spend time answering queries, and that too when they are not going to get any benefits out of it.Thanks.
                good to know.. However, I expected you to say Yes since there are lot of people who have delayed their buying decisions following other members' point of view

This forum is really very informative. You get to know a lot about RE in Pune and other aspects. Some real good point of views and awesome stats

Most important thing is that you learn to differentiate between what is right and whats wrong (if not learnt already in childhood)

Comment

Originally posted by PointOfView View Post
                  good to know.. However, I expected you to say Yes since there are lot of people who have delayed their buying decisions following other members' point of view
                  I think I would say that the forum members showed the risks and many potential buyers thought they are not prepared for that kind of risk.

After few years, some of them may think as they could have handled the risk or even that the risk wasnt there at all.... or other group may have been mighty pleased to have got informed earlier and not taken that risk... it is an individual's perception.

You will find people who took risks and benefited hugely and also who got their hard earned money wasted, both in the same real estate sector.

For someone who is willing to spend (probably) life's worth of saving, it is foolish to assume that he/she will rely on anonymous advises on the internet. Like always, ask for advises but make your own decision.

Comment

Note that more information also leads to situation when analysis takes over more time and efforts , less for planning the buy .. eventually missing the bus.

In my opinion there are members who are hell bent on scaring daylight out people who are alrady poor informed. Example quote from such peopel ... "you don't know what goes behind closed doors .. blah " (as though this guy has spy cameras all over) ... or ... "in 200 AD Roman empire collapsed when someone said similar thing in house of commons .... " (as though this guy remembers past lives) ... and what not.

So whatever little courage a guy woudl have picked up based on his homework, will put off buying decision . Now after missing the bus there are two options - join the bandwagon of fall waiting group or again pick up from point you left last time (maybe with more info/wisdom to decide which posts to ignore on the forum :-) ).

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X