• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Downtown Langston, Kolte Patil Developers, Kharadi, Pune

Congrats buddy!!

Comment

Thank you Mithun,

Special thanks to you as you have guided me a lot about the projects in Kharadi! I owe you a beer!

Cheers,

Comment

Hi,

Do you have any idea about the owners group of Downtown Langston?

Regards,
        Rajesh

Comment

Did anyone book recently in langston. They are quoting 5700 negotiable. Can someone who has booked comment how much can be negotiated?

Comment

7-8% is standard. See if you can negotiate more

Comment

It also depends on whther you are looking at a lower floor vs. higher floor (wherein floor rise also kicks in)

But I agree with OnlyPune - you can look at around 7% discount [trying fighting for more but dont settle for less than 5-7% discount]

Good luck

Comment

Recently booked in Langston.

Few key things I noticed which helped me to decide which one to go for (only 2BHKs):

Location/connectivity wise as ppl mentioned it is great.
                Layout out wise it different in every building and also in every tower, so do pay attention there as sample flat they show could be much different than your actual flat because of different tower/building.
                Initially I was interested in Cheryl but then while checking layouts figured out that Cheryls A1 and A2 has are bigger and better than B1.
                Later, I saw beryl in which only top floor flat/penthouse was left as per sales person.
                Unlike Cheryl, Beryl's 2 BHK was 1100 sqft which makes living room small (relatively), and since it was a penthouse it had stairs for terrace going right from living room which makes living room more smaller. Selling point for that flat was ready possession + ~400 sqft terrace + price as they were ready to sell it for ~76.

hen I saw Lanston's A building. (though they show you sample flat in Langston's E building).
                It is diff than all other Langston's towers.
                1162 sqft (odd floors) 1236 sqft (even floors)
                Price diff between even and odd was aruond 3-4 lacs whereas layout wise it just have a terrace which doesnt look worth to spend for.
                Apart from that, only Langston's room size suits my requirements. The child room (smaller room among 2) was 11 * 11 whereas in Cheryl/Beryl it was 10 * 12
                Living room 20.9 * 12 which was quite larger than others.
                Additional: Modular kitchen, Water purifier, kitchen cup boards, 1 room with wooden flooring, bathroom fittings with shower partition etc

If you can negotiate, these are best according to me.

Comment

Based on my experience with KP for over last 15 years, a few things to keep in mind while dealing with them

1. Rightly Pointed out by Mandhan11, every flat might have a different lay out. In fact in 1 building, fours flats on a floor may have four different layouts. So please do not finalize without looking at actual flat.

2. Despite their best efforts, they are just not competent to handle high end construction. Despite using high quality/Branded items, fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired. I sometime really wonder what they were doing for last 30 years. In my flat all the bathroom fittings are by Grohe and Jaquar and they are great to use but not a single fitting is satisfactory. No tile has been cut in a uniform way. It looks like work of a school dropout with a bad attitude.

3. Their internal QC is zero. So Please do a very detailed inspection while taking possession. You will be surprised how many thing they can leave unfinished. Off course they are very prompt in attending to issues reported but you cannot keep running behind them later.

4. Work performed by their vendors is generally better such as glass partition, modular kitchen, Wooden flooring, A/C fittings etc.

5. They almost never allow you to form co-op society and at best you can form association of apartments and even they they never formally handover anything to anyone. Most of KP customers keep fighting. Green Acres, Hills and Dales, Maestros, Rose Parade everywhere the society maintenance is a story of litigations cases and fight among residents. In fact in Meastros, they left in such mess that every tower has a different association.

6. Their Biggest plus point is that when you raise a issue they do respond and the staff tries to address the issue to the best of their ability ( which by the way is very very limited).

7. Despite a ban on selling open parking, they do intend to sell every inch of open space. Sadly enough people buy it too.

8. They do maintain the common area well.

9. Check for water seepage. I have personally not faced this issue but nearby buildings have many issues.

10. Check for parking they are allotting you. Because of their creative building designs ( resulting in each flat having a different layout) even parking sizes vary a lot. Lot of residents were allotted such small parking that now they park their cars outside. Normally they keep good parking reserved for people buying top floor ( Terrace flats).

Hope it helps. Wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mandhan11 View Post
                    Recently booked in Langston.
                    Hey man,

congrats on your purchase! We have formed a google group for Downtown owners... feel free to join it.

So what was the total package price for your flat?

Regards

Comment

Thanks jazzedupman, I thought that group was only for Chreyl owners.
                      Can you confirm?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X