Who is Ravi Karan deekar?

Last updated: December 1 2016
196 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Who is Ravi Karan deekar?

Originally posted by akssenti View Post
    I had a chat with him once when I was thinking of buying property in Kharadi. I found him to be a nice guy and gave me an honest opinion. He was the one who told me about a water cartel in Kharadi area.

I think he has worked with sales in various builders and blogs because of an interest in real estate and thus his natural tendency is to write about a project from a sales perspective.

He never talked me into buying any particular project and i have found that he gives balanced views. What is missing is the buyer approach in terms of quality of internal fittings and surrounding areas etc..
    1) Thanks akssenti for your kind words!

2) Thanks for the suggestion about "what is missing". Yes, i will improve on it. However, let me confess, again, how much i try, i can't look at any project from buyer's perspective. Simply because i am not a property buyer. I am real estate salesman. I will never try to fake or try to project what i am not.

3) As a real estate advertising expert, i know that "quality of internal fittings and fixtures" has no value than pure sales talk. As a real estate salesman, i know that you can say "No to fittings and fixtures builder is offering" and supply and fit yours.

4) Yes, i am going to write about the surrounding area. Thanks for the suggestion.

5) Please, feel free to call or write to me. You know where to find the details. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
      But never does he mention that current time is not ripe to buy a property in Pune.
      Yes, you are right, realacres!

First, how can any real estate salesman say that current time is not ripe to buy a property in Pune? He will not get a salary and a commission and may get a "pink slip"!

Second, as a person, blogger and real estate consultant, i enjoy expressing my views.

As a person, i believe that popular TV show should not be a deciding factor at what time you should go to bed. (I am trying to develop the habit of waking up early!)
      As a blogger on my "news" blog i give news about what is happening in Pune real estate market. It's not a guide to real estate investment.
      As a real estate salesman, i believe that one should take a decision to by a flat as per his "time table of life" and not because the market is good.

Buying a home is an event, important step in your life. I know well that i don't have any authority to say how you should live you life. Right? Please, remember that i am just trying to have an "informative" conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by akssenti View Post
        Yeah have to agree with you there.. he does not mention prices and as I said one should not read his blog from a buyers point of view.. read to learn about project and come to the forum for the buyer perspective..
        Yes, I completely agree with you, akssenti! Even, i do the same!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsongt View Post
          I had an occassion where I took Ravi's help on for his thoughts on a project and negotiations etc.

I must say Ravi is a very nice person, he never talks to you like a businessman.

I think he believes any-time is a good-time to buy or sell, its a personal choice. Since he has been a salesman of RE earlier (and may be currently as well) he always thinks stop buying RE is not a choice, the buyers negotiating hard and demanding for what they pay for is the right way to stop builders from playing tactics.
          Thanks tsongt! I believe empowering property buyers. Only assertive an proactive property buyers can influence Pune real estate market to give a better product at a competitive price.

Comment

Originally posted by dhinchek View Post
            I agree. Ravi gave me opinions that were very balanced. He presented facts to me and advised to me to take my own decisions. I found him unbiased. I have never met him as I am not from pune. I have emailed him and he has always been prompt in replying his emails... he has been a great help for me in understanding RE. I read his blogs regularly.
            Thanks dhinchek!

Comment

Originally posted by dhinchek View Post
              I agree. Ravi gave me opinions that were very balanced. He presented facts to me and advised to me to take my own decisions. I found him unbiased. I have never met him as I am not from pune. I have emailed him and he has always been prompt in replying his emails... he has been a great help for me in understanding RE. I read his blogs regularly.
              Yes, I do agree with you his opinion is very unbiased and he is not intended to interfere in ur decision. And why not to take some of the help from the person who has proper knowledge of the project which you r interested in buying. to follow that or not is at all the indivisuals decision.
              Kunal

Comment

I also spoke with him once.I found him good to share his experience and thoughts.Though he has not insisted on any particular project/builder.
                If you are first time buyer then I suggest you to just check with him the project/flat you have shortlisted.You never know he might have something to share about it !
                At the end of day it's upto you to listen to him or not

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! I have posted my answers to all questions. Posts have gone to moderator. I wonder why all long ones were hold for moderation but short one was published! Did i do anything wrong by posting long answers? I did it only because i respect your questions!

Comment

Ravi,
                    This is nothing new with you... even I face this problem everytime.. long ones are not posted... this is short... so you are able to read it...

Comment

even I posted a interesting long post a couple days back..I am still waiting moderator to post that That was related to MF Vs RE comparison, so I think moderator should not find anything which prevent him to not post that!!!
                      Cheers,
                      -Ashish

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X