Got to see a lot of this guy in the internet related to Pune Real Estate.. Does anyone know who is he and how genuine is this guy?
Read more
195 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I also spoke with him once.I found him good to share his experience and thoughts.Though he has not insisted on any particular project/builder.
    If you are first time buyer then I suggest you to just check with him the project/flat you have shortlisted.You never know he might have something to share about it !
    At the end of day it's upto you to listen to him or not :)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the kind words! I have posted my answers to all questions. Posts have gone to moderator. I wonder why all long ones were hold for moderation but short one was published! Did i do anything wrong by posting long answers? I did it only because i respect your questions!
    CommentQuote
  • Ravi,
    This is nothing new with you... even I face this problem everytime.. long ones are not posted... this is short... so you are able to read it...:)
    CommentQuote
  • even I posted a interesting long post a couple days back..I am still waiting moderator to post that ;) That was related to MF Vs RE comparison, so I think moderator should not find anything which prevent him to not post that!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Ravis .. How can I get in touch with you ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravikarandeekar
    Thanks for the kind words! I have posted my answers to all questions. Posts have gone to moderator. I wonder why all long ones were hold for moderation but short one was published! Did i do anything wrong by posting long answers? I did it only because i respect your questions!

Here it is.
    First post a very small post ( 'Hello' ), it will appear immediately.
    Then you can EDIT the same post and it will appear instantly. Like What I did with this post.

BT to revert 2,000 call centre jobs from India to UK

BT chief executive Ian Livingston has announced that the company will revert at least 2,000 call centre jobs from India back to Britain.
    The company has a significant presence in India where the telecom major has a customer service staff of 11,000 employees.
    At the group's annual meeting Livingston was asked by an investor when the group will close call centres in India.
    Livingston disclosed the plans to revert jobs in his response to the question.
    However, BT said the move had nothing to do with the quality of service offered in India.
    A BT spokesperson said "This is not about customer service as the service in our operations around the globe is of very similar standards. It is about the effective deployment of our resources".
    "We have opportunities to bring some activities, carried out by our partners, back from outside the UK to permanent BT employees in the UK who are skilled to do this work," he said.
    CommentQuote
  • Aditi - You are a champ...
    CommentQuote
  • Hello friends,
    You may say whatever you want about Ravi but fact is several of my posts are never published on his blog (I write about drawbacks about a project & how builder is taking buyers for a ride/fooling them).
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, tsongt! How can real estate salesman say "don't book"? He will loose his job! I never pretend to be someone else or hide who i am. We all look at the real estate market from our point of view. Isn't it?
    CommentQuote
  • You are ruining his business and hence the ban :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hello friends,
    You may say whatever you want about Ravi but fact is several of my posts are never published on his blog (I write about drawbacks about a project & how builder is taking buyers for a ride/fooling them).

Please, follow the simple comments policy. Write a comment as if you are sitting in my drawing room with your family and telling me your views and experiences which are very different from mine!
    CommentQuote
  • Slight modification ...

Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    Here it is.
    First post a very small post ( 'Hello' ), it will appear immediately.
    Then you can EDIT the same post and it will appear instantly. Like What I did with this post.

BT to revert 2,000 call centre jobs from India to UK

BT chief executive Ian Livingston has announced that the company will revert at least 2,000 call centre jobs from India back to Britain.
    The company has a significant presence in India where the telecom major has a customer service staff of 11,000 employees.
    At the group's annual meeting Livingston was asked by an investor when the group will close call centres in India.
    Livingston disclosed the plans to revert jobs in his response to the question.
    However, BT said the move had nothing to do with the quality of service offered in India.
    A BT spokesperson said "This is not about customer service as the service in our operations around the globe is of very similar standards. It is about the effective deployment of our resources".
    "We have opportunities to bring some activities, carried out by our partners, back from outside the UK to permanent BT employees in the UK who are skilled to do this work," he said.

Aditi has found a workaround solution to the redirection to moderator problem. I had already mentioned this in an old post and maybe its time to say it again.

When you try to post you are being timed. So, when you type in a long reply, irrespective of whether it is in reply mode or edit mode you get timed out. When timed out, your post gets directed to moderator, which could simply be a bug in the system.

There are 3 ways to approach it.

1. Keep the post short! :D This may not be possible or desirable many times. Or else, type in the long post very fast!!! :D

2. Use Notepad or some such editor and write the post (after logging out of the forum). Login again, go back the the rerlevant post, copy-paste and you won't have this problem

3. If you hit submit after a long post and get taken to the login page - do not login at this stage; it simply sens your post to the moderator!!!,

Instead, simply use back page to go back to the screen where you typed in the post (to recover all the stuff you typed). Then open another tab or browser window and login fresh into the forum. Navigate and reach your post topic and copy-paste from the original window.

If you type Hello and then post it and then revert to edit mode, you will still get timed out if you take too long!!!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Aditi has found a workaround solution to the redirection to moderator problem. I had already mentioned this in an old post and maybe its time to say it again.

When you try to post you are being timed. So, when you type in a long reply, irrespective of whether it is in reply mode or edit mode you get timed out. When timed out, your post gets directed to moderator, which could simply be a bug in the system.

There are 3 ways to approach it.

1. Keep the post short! :D This may not be possible or desirable many times. Or else, type in the long post very fast!!! :D

2. Use Notepad or some such editor and write the post (after logging out of the forum). Login again, go back the the rerlevant post, copy-paste and you won't have this problem

3. If you hit submit after a long post and get taken to the login page - do not login at this stage; it simply sens your post to the moderator!!!,

Instead, simply use back page to go back to the screen where you typed in the post (to recover all the stuff you typed). Then open another tab or browser window and login fresh into the forum. Navigate and reach your post topic and copy-paste from the original window.

If you type Hello and then post it and then revert to edit mode, you will still get timed out if you take too long!!!

cheers

Thanks Wiseman for detailed analysis...

However, it is a bit different flow is observed when you have selected auto-login (I have auto-login selected so I dont have to signIn whenever I go to forum).
    When in auto-login, the logout does not happen or is not observed.
    So in this case for long posts, it simply goes to moderator. In this case too your suggestion will work(type in notepad and paste )
    CommentQuote
  • ravi karandeekar has a nice list of properties in pune on his blog. he does not always opine on them, so you may refer to his blog to know upcoming projects in and around the city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravikarandeekar
    Please, follow the simple comments policy. Write a comment as if you are sitting in my drawing room with your family and telling me your views and experiences which are very different from mine!

I don't find anything wrong saying words like crooks for the builder. Saying a vice person a saint won't do anything good. I post such comments on various blogs where I get a lot of support & yes they are read by my friends & family members too!
    CommentQuote