Guys

I want to ask a question. Why is that there is a perception that Wakad and PS are preferred/better areas compared to Pimpri or Chinchwad
In comparison, dont you feel that Pimpri or Chinchwad are better areas.
I feel that these areas are fully self sufficient, with better schools around, hospitals, doctors and overall roads and infrastructure.

I know 2 reasons which may people will give
1) PS/Wakad has more proximity to HInjewadi. But this hardly matters as Pimpri/Chinchwad is just 4-5 kms extra. In addition the above mentioned points are more important than proximity to a particular work place. Work place may very well change tommorow.

2) Cream crowd - PS/Wakad is more dominated by IT guys and hence IT guys may prefer this area and Pimpri CHinchwad is thought of more of a manufacturing people dominated.

But are these good enough reasons ?
Read more
22 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by honest
    Guys

In a sense..yes

Also both these areas are new habitants....and you can easily see the difference in gentry in both areas
    CommentQuote
  • Wakad , PS , Baner were all fringe areas with lot of land available for development . Lot of projects were launched here and number of stakeholders were involved to see that these areas were advertised well .
    Proximity to Hinjewadi was advertised .

On the contrary , Pimpri - Chinchwad is already full of labour class with lesser space for new big township projects .

Originally Posted by honest
    Guys

I want to ask a question. Why is that there is a perception that Wakad and PS are preferred/better areas compared to Pimpri or Chinchwad
    In comparison, dont you feel that Pimpri or Chinchwad are better areas.
    I feel that these areas are fully self sufficient, with better schools around, hospitals, doctors and overall roads and infrastructure.

I know 2 reasons which may people will give
    1) PS/Wakad has more proximity to HInjewadi. But this hardly matters as Pimpri/Chinchwad is just 4-5 kms extra. In addition the above mentioned points are more important than proximity to a particular work place. Work place may very well change tommorow.

2) Cream crowd - PS/Wakad is more dominated by IT guys and hence IT guys may prefer this area and Pimpri CHinchwad is thought of more of a manufacturing people dominated.

CommentQuote
  • Some times color of the collar also makes the difference - in a way the manuf & IT areas attract people who work in those places - IT folks with exposure to western life-style demand and command certain type of amenities and hence the projects in IT areas are generally tend to be in "affordable luxury" segment.

This creates a perception for an area and thats the very reason why PS, Wakad etc are more affulent than Pimpri etc

Cheers!!
    CommentQuote
  • I dont disagree with your analysis. But what are the western life-style demands that Wakad offers which Chinchwad doesnt.

Originally Posted by simsagar
    Some times color of the collar also makes the difference - in a way the manuf & IT areas attract people who work in those places - IT folks with exposure to western life-style demand and command certain type of amenities and hence the projects in IT areas are generally tend to be in "affordable luxury" segment.

This creates a perception for an area and thats the very reason why PS, Wakad etc are more affulent than Pimpri etc

Cheers!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork

On the contrary , Pimpri - Chinchwad is already full of labour class with lesser space for new big township projects .

not exactly.There are few areas like the Nigdi pradhikaran which are beyond the reach of many white collar professionals.
    Wakad and PS are preferred because whoever comes to the city (new in the city) and in IT, prefers an area where his friends/collegues are staying.
    As PS and Wakad are newly developed areas, many rental properties are available, whereas Chinchwad, Nigdi areas are already full, and hence no new construction and hence no advertising
    CommentQuote

I think you answered your own question by mentioning the extra distance. 4-5 kms during peak hours can mean 20-45 minutes more for IT people, although I think that it may not be 4-5 kms but more than that. But depends on where exactly you live and how you measure.

Secondly, based on my experience, it is hard for newcomers to find admissions in city schools. Most of the new private schools (Orchid, Vidya Valley, Blue Ridge, Indira, Akshara, Wisdom World etc) are close to Mumbai Pune expressway & easy for parents to drop their kids or arrange for transportation. So they prefer areas that are close to the schools and their offices & Wakad is probably the top location for such families.

I also felt that the infrastructure in Wakad & Pimple Saudagar areas was much better than Pimpri or Chinchwad. Possibility that I did not visit the best areas in the two suburbs.

And then the big question - are the property rates in Pimpri / Chinchwad affordable for first time buyers? The big advantage in Wakad is that because of so much development going on, there is also lot of competition among the builders, so the consumer still has room for negotiation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    I think you answered your own question by mentioning the extra distance. 4-5 kms during peak hours can mean 20-45 minutes more for IT people, although I think that it may not be 4-5 kms but more than that. But depends on where exactly you live and how you measure.

Correct, but what happens if the job changes to Kharadi. You cant keep shifting your flat , unless you are on rent or stuck to same job or same IT park
    In fact Pimpri Chinchwad provides greater flexibility in reasonable access to Hinjewadi, Talawade, Shivaji Nagar etc

Originally Posted by pnq2012

Secondly, based on my experience, it is hard for newcomers to find admissions in city schools. Most of the new private schools (Orchid, Vidya Valley, Blue Ridge, Indira, Akshara, Wisdom World etc) are close to Mumbai Pune expressway & easy for parents to drop their kids or arrange for transportation. So they prefer areas that are close to the schools and their offices & Wakad is probably the top location for such families.

Thisi is actually a good point. I always thought Pimpri Chinchwad had good established schools like Ursula, Kamal Nayan Bajaj, St. Andrews, Poddar, GSS international etc..But you are proabably right that getting admissions may be difficult in these. But I have seen buses of Blossoms etc coming uptil Chinchwad.

I also felt that the infrastructure in Wakad & Pimple Saudagar areas was much better than Pimpri or Chinchwad. Possibility that I did not visit the best areas in the two suburbs.

Aah .. This is debatable. When we say infra we mean good roads, schools, hospitals, doctors, electricity, water, coaching classes, malls, theaters
    I know my friend in Pimple Saudagar travels to Chinchwad to see movies.
    Wakad and PS are catching up in terms of malls, theaters, eating places In those points they will definitely overtake. But in other points I think PC is still ahead in the game.

And then the big question - are the property rates in Pimpri / Chinchwad affordable for first time buyers? The big advantage in Wakad is that because of so much development going on, there is also lot of competition among the builders, so the consumer still has room for negotiation.

I think the answer is yes. Its pretty much comparable, and I am comparing apples to apples. Mahindra launched their new project in PImpri at 4650 , Queenstown is at 5000 and similarly others which is same as Wakad/PS.
    I see that there are lot of small industries which are going to make way for residential projects. It will just be a matter of time before this area is going to boom.
    CommentQuote

I think the answer is yes. Its pretty much comparable, and I am comparing apples to apples. Mahindra launched their new project in PImpri at 4650 , Queenstown is at 5000 and similarly others which is same as Wakad/PS.
    I see that there are lot of small industries which are going to make way for residential projects. It will just be a matter of time before this area is going to boom.

Agree. I have seen quite a bit of re-developments in PC area. Whats happening right now i should say is tweaked towards the areas around Hinjewadi since IT junta has a lot of influence. However in the long run i feel areas around Kasarwadi, River Market area, Back of Kalewadi / Rahatni will see quite a bit of development with quite a few infrastructure projects already planned (BRTS Kalewadi to Pimpri and beyond, Phase 1 Metro - Dapodi - Pimpri, etc,.) and promptness of PCMC (compared to PMC) in executing the same

As far as rates are concerned i don't think the difference is much. Rates around PC areas are almost inline with what is prevalent in Wakad, PS (Not considering areas like Bhosari and Dighi though)

Wait for a few years. Sensibility will prevail and a re-balancing of developments would happen
    CommentQuote

You said it buddy..you are yet to see planned and developed areas in PCMC.

Originally Posted by honest

Aah .. This is debatable. When we say infra we mean good roads, schools, hospitals, doctors, electricity, water, coaching classes, malls, theaters
    I know my friend in Pimple Saudagar travels to Chinchwad to see movies.
    Wakad and PS are catching up in terms of malls, theaters, eating places In those points they will definitely overtake. But in other points I think PC is still ahead in the game.

Agree with you. Pimpri Chinchwad is much better in terms of connectivity as well as public transport.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akool11
    You said it buddy..you are yet to see planned and developed areas in PCMC.

Could you please recommend me some areas in PCMC that are nicely developed or better than Wakad?
    CommentQuote
    Could you please recommend me some areas in PCMC that are nicely developed or better than Wakad?

Nigdi, Chinchwad,Chinchwad East, Pimpri Ajmera and if you look at the roads and connectivity aspect as well, then Moshi pradhikaran as well.

I won't call Wakad as developed yet. so again it depends on what one is looking for (in terms of development).
    CommentQuote
  • Could someone recommend me the nicely developed areas in Wakad ?

CommentQuote
  • projects

can u plz list readyPos, ongoing projects in Pimpri + Chinchwad area?

+1 for With rate below 4500?

TIA

:)
    CommentQuote
  • i must say this first before i say anything. no offence to anyone seriously.

pimpri chinchwad has mostly traditional/old thinking marathi junta, n lifestyle of IT people (coming from outside pune) is very much different than these people. here m comparing some old development of PC with new dev of wakad n PS.

i myself has lived at both places n can see difference.

PC is a kind of area where neighbours will create issues if a friend of opposite s*x is coming to ur house.
    CommentQuote
  • Wakad and Pimple Saudagar had the advantage of open land available for fresh development.
    They have planned big wide roads.... beautiful projects with good connectivity to the main parts of the city.
    Proximity to Hinjewadi , Aundh shivaji Nagar is another reason as already stated.

Pimpri and Chinchwad are Old Village area with Little scope of new development.
    Illegal construction, Labour class people, encrochment run in Plethora.

Not a single big Mall comparable to Phoenix, Inorbit, amanora etc.
    CommentQuote