As you must be aware that yesderday Pune New DP (Development Plan) has been sanctioned by PMC.
Kindly share your thoughts on this.
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    However if this projects comes up as planned, there is no looking back for the city, it will change in big way in few years.

No looking back for the city, or for the price ;););)

So which station you will board the metro from and which station will you get down on a typical day ? Just curious to know how it is going to help you.
    CommentQuote
  • Some more grey areas about metro (got inputs from sitting corporator/nagarsevak) :-

> The vacant lands near metro route earlier meant for schools, playgrounds, & even metro station is being de-reserved so that builders can build residential & commercial buildings. The major land parcel which was meant for metro near E-Square multiplex on Ganeshkhind rd/University rd is being planned to be given to a builder. If this happens, the route of metro needs to be changed.

> The Union minister Kamal Nath talked about integration of bus, metro & mono-rail for better public transport. But, mono-rail is nowhere mentioned in latest Pune DP :D (so how will they integrate),

> The major issue :- Land acquisition is still hanging in air. No clarity about stay orders, monetary compensation &/or TDR compensation,

> BDP fate is still unknown, so is about hills,

> The FSI of 4 near metro route in brain of corrupt Pune MP, Kalmadi. :bab (45): If you remember he wanted similar proposal even for BRT. This 4 FSI can put several areas in Mumbai to shame. :D
    And how does 4 FSI helps metro ? The PMC is not building flats that it will get more money for metro, so what's the use ?? Only help builder lobby.

> 50% money will be raised by private-public partnership. Who will be this private guy ? Rough estimates suggests that for metro to be profitable, the min rate/km needs to be 8.25. If one is spending over INR 8/km, it becomes expensive than taking even 2 cars. :D If rate is reduced, private player won't come.

And in metro...metro gaatha, people are ignoring these facts :-

A new consultant/agency will be appointed by PMC to look into various changes done in new DP & probs if any will be pointed out. This report itself will take months to come out as any agency is still not hired. After that, it will be sent to state govt for approval. And as money may also come from central govt, it needs to fulfil central govt obligations too.

Land reserved for schools, playgrounds, hospitals, gardens is being converted to residential/commercial. The existing infra is poor to support current population. We have 10% water cut across the year, hardly 30% sewage is treated, mula-mutha are dead river as tests show 0% oxygen. :(
    How will city cope with 2.5-4 FSI ?? Infact, the BJP raised this question in PMC too.

Last but not the least, citizen right activists, parties like Shiv Sena have opposed the current DP. Many will be filing PIL as this DP is not for Pune residents but for CREDAI Pune. :bab (45):

All this is nothing but building castles in air. This is just like builders announcing pre-launch offer even when the sale of land is yet to be completed. :D

And yes, I am all for better infra for Pune, but it should be supported with real facts & solutions. Just saying metro, metro is going to lead nowhere. One first needs to clear ground issues obstructing metro at first place.
    CommentQuote
  • do you mean the open plot currently used as a parking lot?

> The major land parcel which was meant for metro near E-Square multiplex on Ganeshkhind rd/University rd

used to see ads stating ' near proposed ring road'....now will see ads stating 'near proposed metro route'
    CommentQuote
  • The DP proposes 921 reservations covering 1,080.79 hectare area for amenities like health, education, recreation, etc. The 1987 DP had 587 reservations for amenities.

Leaders want combined Development Plans for Pune region - Times Of India
    CommentQuote
  • Why should every citizen of Pune oppose the 'Draft Development Plan for Old Pune City Limit (2007 - 2027)?

http://ravikarandeekarsblog..in/2013/04/Oppose-Draft-Development-Plan-Old-Pune-Municipal-Corporation-Limit-2007-2027-1.html

Draft for Suggestion and objections to the revised development plan of old limit of Pune city.

http://vijaykumbhar..in/2013/04/draft-for-suggestion-and-objections-to.html

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Even if they maintain and properly expand existing roads , its more than enough. There is actually no need of metro.

As per the DP this metro ( chinchwad - shivajinagar) is running almost parallel to existing railway. Why we need a metro then, instead just increase the frequency of trains. Dumb politicians
    CommentQuote
  • DP plans

Originally Posted by Ashishjagani
    Even if they maintain and properly expand existing roads , its more than enough. There is actually no need of metro.

As per the DP this metro ( chinchwad - shivajinagar) is running almost parallel to existing railway. Why we need a metro then, instead just increase the frequency of trains. Dumb politicians

To a great extent what you say is correct. Just enforce traffic rules,clear the road side of unauthorized parkings and wrong side driving.traffic flow will become smooth.
    Construction of metro will take years and price will escalate.it will 15 years before we start getting benefit.
    PMC/PCMC ought to complete existing projects,put up better road markings,more one ways and finally strict enforcement of traffic rules.Care for pedestrians is sorely lacking and so also is pedestrian discipline.

Widening roads,putting up metro cannot solve problems which are more due to brazen indiscipline and indifference of PTP and road users..Pune traffic police is mighty active only when VIPs are around and then they pop up every 10 feet and equally fast they disappear when VIP leaves.
    Politicians are not dumb,we are actually dumb.Who votes them in?
    CommentQuote
  • Managing infrastructure, DP planning & budgeting is a joke when it comes to PMC and PCMC. There is simply no adequate research and planning when these plans are announced. The committees never seem to look at any forecasting models when it comes to city growth or population growth. Most of the work that is currently in progress, is mainly to tackle current crisis & is set to fail. A simple example is planning of Hinjewadi and the surrounding areas like Wakad, Balewadi, Sus, Baner etc. If you look at the Wakad-Hinjewadi bridge, you can see that these corporation officials simply lack common sense. For a bridge like that to get planned, approved and constructed, the corporation probably had non-qualified team of folks. And even now, if you see, whatever road expansion is going on around that area, is useless. They are widening roads on both sides of that bridge which is a perfect model for more traffic congestion. There are many such examples in Pune & other areas.

Nowadays, with so much advancement in technology and building techniques, it is sad to see that India is still way behind in implementing good infrastructure. I mean, even if you Google for good infrastructure planning & designs, you will find ton of articles that would help you. But our folks just want to use their own brains, thinking that they are the smartest people around.

Bottom line, only privatization with the help of some reputed international firm can help the city's infrastructure.
    CommentQuote
  • That bridge over the highway at wakad - hinjewadi is the joke of planning. It seems that this bridge was just built on whims and fancy of some politician.

Why was a bridge created in the first place, cant a fly over be created instead of a bridge on the the highway.

Right now if you are commnig from pune and you have to go to wakad, you need to take a left to hinjewadi, drive 500m then take a u turn and then cross the bridge to reach wakad.

Similarly if you are comming from hinjewadi and have to go to baner, you need to cross the bridge , go to wakad, take a u turn then go back to highway to reach baner ...
    So much of traffic is caused every single day due to this.
    CommentQuote
  • i don't understand why metro for hjw is planned in 2nd phase (4th n last line if i m not wrong)?

don't they see that highest % of tax payers r travelling to/from hjw everyday??

it shud be given upmost priority imo. n it'll be easy to build metro infra now before area gets developed n things become difficult.

if it was me, i'd have given sanctioned of metro line long back for this route: hjw - wakad - ps - vishal nagar - aundh - baner - shivaji nagar (pune uni) - n other nearby areas where IT people (who pays so much tax) lives.
    CommentQuote
  • What is required badly is a metro line connecting Two IT Hubs of Pune ( Hinjewadi and Kharadi) passing through important city junction. Followed by Connecting Enginereeing hubs ( PCMC and Hadapsar). Once connectivity to these bulk job creation areas are taken care of, we can always revisit metro routes passing through H'nable leaders mother-in-laws house, uncle's grocery store, Mama's cycle repair shop etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by garibaadmi
    i don't understand why metro for hjw is planned in 2nd phase (4th n last line if i m not wrong)?

don't they see that highest % of tax payers r travelling to/from hjw everyday??

With all due to respect to IT people (being a software engineer myself), I highly doubt that they are the highest % of tax payers in Pune. There are many other industries that have existed here and several middle-class people working in non-IT industries throughout the city. Ultimately the metro is not meant as a convenience for the IT folks but more across the general spectrum of population - most of which are in the city (and not Hinjewadi) - so makes sense to have the city-side metro done first.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hankowkow
    With all due to respect to IT people (being a software engineer myself), I highly doubt that they are the highest % of tax payers in Pune. There are many other industries that have existed here and several middle-class people working in non-IT industries throughout the city. Ultimately the metro is not meant as a convenience for the IT folks but more across the general spectrum of population - most of which are in the city (and not Hinjewadi) - so makes sense to have the city-side metro done first.

ofcourse no disrespect to non-IT people, but i think what i said is correct - though i haven't got any official data.

don't think businesses pay fair tax. many shopkeepers don't give bill (as customers don't ask for it)
    other salaried people do pay tax (TDS like us) but unfortunately their pay is not up to what IT guys get.

for us, we can do little bit of jhol-jhal but still our income is visible n tax can't be avoided...
    CommentQuote
  • ok, i get it.
    these r 2 things:
    highest number of people paying tax.
    group or category (say IT) of people paying highest tax.

i think for 2nd point, we cud be in top spot.
    CommentQuote
  • We should stop calling builders with respected names. Builders are thugs we should wack them along with politicians. They are nothing more but dallas of politicians. Looting money of common man. of politicians. Looting money of common man.
    CommentQuote