Collapse

Builder Gimmicks – Misleading Property Developers

Last updated: July 19 2014
185 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builder Gimmicks – Misleading Property Developers

What are the 'patriotic politicians' doing. They make hue and cry if the sigh board is not wrtten in local language. Why are they not making any noise about this foreign names?????

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
      What are the 'patriotic politicians' doing. They make hue and cry if the sigh board is not wrtten in local language. Why are they not making any noise about this foreign names?????
      Becoz they are stake-holders. Do you expect them to be "Vibhisan"

Comment

Originally posted by hitmady View Post
        Becoz they are stake-holders. Do you expect them to be "Vibhisan"
        Nice insight hitmady ...
        Netas know when to go on mindless rampage and when to switch back to 'sleep' mode.

Also, its human psyshe:

If a project is 'Suruchi Park' in Balewadi, people may guessetimate the rate would be around 2800 psf.
        But if its 'Swaroski Palace' one's would not mind thinking the rate should atleast 3200psf.
        "...though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel my flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable:
        I am simply not there."

Comment

Originally posted by Trojon View Post
          Nice insight hitmady ...
          Netas know when to go on mindless rampage and when to switch back to 'sleep' mode.

Also, its human psyshe:

If a project is 'Suruchi Park' in Balewadi, people may guessetimate the rate would be around 2800 psf.
          But if its 'Swaroski Palace' one's would not mind thinking the rate should atleast 3200psf.
          Lol....quite right. They are providing aspirational value . And also remember, Netas who want local signboards & local language will send their kids only to international schools / abroad to study.

Comment

I think the naming has got to do with our self-hatred. If one building is named "sai darshan" or something, we tend to think of it as a middle class maharashtrian chawl. But if it is named as "The breeze" we think of it as some place exotic and cosmo. The builders and their advertisers take advantage of that.

Comment

Originally posted by ttt43 View Post
              I think the naming has got to do with our self-hatred. If one building is named "sai darshan" or something, we tend to think of it as a middle class maharashtrian chawl. But if it is named as "The breeze" we think of it as some place exotic and cosmo. The builders and their advertisers take advantage of that.
              I agree to this... we should look at not just the name of the project but complete details

Comment

Originally posted by ttt43 View Post
                I guess 1000 psf component in total price is actually the cost of name
                Like Swiss County, Blue Ridge, Ramu's Celestial City, Air Castle, etc.

Actually all are just Castles in the Air, commanding sky-high prices as well ....

It's like selling a crap movie but with some good songs (if the movie goes flop, at least the songs cover production cost plus some smallish profits)

Comment

Originally posted by enduser View Post
                  I guess 1000 psf component in total price is actually the cost of name
                  Like Swiss County, Blue Ridge, Ramu's Celestial City, Air Castle, etc.

Actually all are just Castles in the Air, commanding sky-high prices as well ....

It's like selling a crap movie but with some good songs (if the movie goes flop, at least the songs cover production cost plus some smallish profits)
                  Rather like a crap movie with no story, no sct but big name starcast. Atleast initial opening is assured......

Comment

Agree with all of you about names, but I really like 2 names which are Indian as well as doesn't give you downmarket feel too:-
                    (both are of Rohan builder's though)
                    1. 1 Modibaug &
                    2. 10 Kasturkunj
                    Feels so nice while saying or hearing such names, especially the 2nd one. Even names like Nirvana sounds soothing as well.

* There are beautiful names in Sanskrit, now only if builders know this.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by novice View Post
                      Lol....quite right. They are providing aspirational value . And also remember, Netas who want local signboards & local language will send their kids only to international schools / abroad to study.
                      maybe i am drifting from the topic but my take on this is, there is nothing wrong for anyone sending kids to any language medium or abroad... one needs to understand that while history and culture needs to go hand in hand with progress and need of time.

i have seen many people living abroad taking time to celebrate and carry forward indian culture while many people in india cursing it.

today's need is to understand world language and get more knowledge/education. if someone is lucky enough to get the best of the best teachings that opportunity should be taken. now the source of the money may be questioned but it is not the kid's fault that parents are corrupt. at least we can hope that education makes the kids to think better...

i would say, make yourself capable to enjoy Harivanshray Bachchhan's poetry in Hindi, Pu. La. Deshpande's writings in Marathi, Gulaam Ali's gazals in Urdu and Scott Adams, Woodhouse in English...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X