All those who are reading this forum, by this time, are aware of the gimmicks played by the builders. Buyers, too, are responsible for falling for these. I am listing a few of them; you can add more to it.

1. Name of the building – you must have seen very fancy tongue-twisting names given to their projects by the builders. Buyer sees a lot of value in a project that is difficult to pronounce. He becomes happy at the thought of his friends and relatives not being able to pronounce his building name right the first time. Any foreign-sounding name sells. Take these – Capriccio, Aristo, Lorelle, Apostrophe, Finesse, Aldea Espanola(say that again!). Buyers prefer Tropez and Biarittz over Gulmohar, Shakuntala, Datta Nivas or Matru Kripa towers. Only exception is DSK who names his building very much desi.

2. Some fancy style of living – Ok, so you will have some builders telling you Swiss way of living near Kaspate Vasti. Or Spanish way of living near Mhasoba Gate. Or Swedish way of living near Kalewadi Phata. Portuguese way of living near Sutarwadi. Nobody tries to sell Indian way of living. You are not living your life fully if it is Indian. Come on, you dimwit, stop living Indian, try Lebanese style.

3. Giving some fancy names to their amenities. You will notice that they always say “Landscaped Garden”. If they say “Garden” nobody will be impressed. It has to be “Landscaped garden”. Nobody knows the difference between these but it makes you feel proud and superior when you tell some of your friends and relatives from your village that you live in a society that has Landscaped Garden, Luxurious Clubhouse, State Of The Art or Ultra Modern(whatever that means) Gym, Custom Designed(huh?) Elevators, Porte Cochere (what in the hell’s bathroom is that? Oh, That’s just the open space near the gate for offloading passengers.) – all for you if you pay me silly rate of 4300 per sq ft in Undri.

4. Some eco-friendly mumbo-jumbo. Zero pollution flats, Eco-friendly parking garage, virtual oxygen parlor, relaxation area for senior citizens (so, youngistan cannot relax their, ya?), acupressure walk (of 10 ft only!), Barbecue Area (hahaha, you need no more than 4 sq ft to keep your barbecue tri.pod) etc etc

My point is this. When looking for a flat, look for the carpet area, surroundings and security. You will never use that barbecue area and acupressure walk EVER in your life. Neither will you start appearing as successful as Federer when you start living Swiss way of life near Kaspate Vasti.
Read more
182 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Trojon
    Came across some info on topnews regarding Pune RE aspirations of people interested in Buying in the coming months:

A recent survey by Delhi-based Makaan.com — has revealed that 66% of Pune buyers have turned down the freebies.
    This new gimmick is of freebies has been a thumping failure , atleast in Pune.

In Pune, 82% of buyers looking for a reduction in real estate prices as per the survey!!!!

Among the 82%, 32% buyers want the prices to drop in the next three months, another 39% expect the prices to fall over the next three to six months.

I guess rest of the 18% optimistic are here on the forum.:D:D:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAJESHP
    Did not get who are you talking about? where are the posts? can you paste some links for the same?

I am talking about Ravi K
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by informsantosh
    I am talking about Ravi K

I insist on carpet area! For me: Total all inclusive property price / Carpet Area = Property Rate
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravikarandeekar
    I insist on carpet area! For me: Total all inclusive property price / Carpet Area = Property Rate

I don't think this is valid anymore, although that's legitimate demand.
    From 2006 onwards builders have changed rules(Goalpost) as everyone knows by masking carpet with salable area they are able to quote eye-catching low end PSFT rates.

Do you think these revelation will dampen exuberance of buyers? We adopt to new rules (Ironically thats evolution theory).

Anyways this testifies your authentic carefulness for buyers too!

Hopefully I am not too sarcastic :)

thanks
    CommentQuote
    I don't think this is valid anymore, although that's legitimate demand.
    From 2006 onwards builders have changed rules(Goalpost) as everyone knows by masking carpet with salable area they are able to quote eye-catching low end PSFT rates.

Do you think these revelation will dampen exuberance of buyers? We adopt to new rules (Ironically thats evolution theory).

Anyways this testifies your authentic carefulness for buyers too!

Hopefully I am not too sarcastic :)

thanks

As a buyer, when you compare properties this formula is the best tool to choose from.

Let biulders advertise anything they want. We as a buyer should keep our eyes open.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lalit79
    another big gimmick which i have noticed recently is builders giving discount but charging 100% terrace.
    Prime example is Sapphire park in balewadi. the guy gave a big discount but is charging 100% terrace which in affect means that there is no actual discount. On confronting him he mentioned that this is a PBAP rule which they are following and is in effect from nov 09. Half of his flats have been sold with 50% terrace specification and the rest half for 100% terrace....doesnt it sound odd that one flat owner will say tht his area is 1543 and the other flat owner with the same carpet will say tht his area is 1446
    i even called up PBAP...they say tht it is just a guideline and not a rule as they are not a governing body to enforce rule on its members.

I saw somewhere that a builder (Kumar I think) had included loft area as a saleable area thus increasing the size of the area. All builders by definition are crooks and need to be shot dead at point blank range.
    Originally Posted by ravikarandeekar

How's business coming along?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Blitz
    All builders by definition are crooks and need to be shot dead at point blank range.

REALLY??????

How about Govt employees, who don't want to work and dance on the tunes of money under the table?

How about income tax department who will collect money just from 30% middle-class and will not touch bigwigs as they provide large kickbacks?

How about politician who get elected only by muscle and money power and later collect money with interest (may be rate 1000% ) ?

How about education samarat, who charges exorbitant fees and then have not basic infrastructure like building/lab equipments for educating student?

Man this list will go on ...

Its not 100% builders fault, tomorrow if there are rates discounts all buyers who are cribbing now for rate hike, same will go and buy properties and expecting to sell it later at higher rates.

Only thing happened is builders have encroached exorbitant profits of investors people who buy properties as investment tool. Basic land prices have also sky rocketed obviously eating margins of builders.
    Unfortunately this dangerous game have taken toll of common man who wants to buy his dream house not in a month but today and now coz of social pressure of not having flat.

I think our views depends on which side of aisle we are in.

Builders are just doing 'Chance pe Dance!'
    CommentQuote
    REALLY??????

How about Govt employees, who don't want to work and dance on the tunes of money under the table?

How about income tax department who will collect money just from 30% middle-class and will not touch bigwigs as they provide large kickbacks?

How about politician who get elected only by muscle and money power and later collect money with interest (may be rate 1000% ) ?

How about education samarat, who charges exorbitant fees and then have not basic infrastructure like building/lab equipments for educating student?

I never said these should be spared. But Builders and their Agents are the biggest cheaters. These are the people who are one of the reasons the politicians are so corrupt. I am not saying politicians should be spared, but unfortunately, they are very intelligent and use security with your and my mine. Shooting builders on the other hand is easy.

Its not 100% builders fault, tomorrow if there are rates discounts all buyers who are cribbing now for rate hike, same will go and buy properties and expecting to sell it later at higher rates.

Only thing happened is builders have encroached exorbitant profits of investors people who buy properties as investment tool. Basic land prices have also sky rocketed obviously eating margins of builders.
    Unfortunately this dangerous game have taken toll of common man who wants to buy his dream house not in a month but today and now coz of social pressure of not having flat.

Exactly my point. Common man suffers. All the same good reason for supporting the shooting.

I think our views depends on which side of aisle we are in.

Nope. My views are not relative, they are absolute. Food, Clothes and Homes are essential commodities and must not be used for speculation. Those who use must eat a bullet.

Builders are just doing 'Chance pe Dance!'

They would pretend to dance even if there is no chance.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Blitz
    I saw somewhere that a builder (Kumar I think) had included loft area as a saleable area thus increasing the size of the area.

Loft area added in salable area? This is ridiculous. And man, why shoot them? Making such crooks bankrupt is much better, isn't it?
    CommentQuote
  • I can already imagine an Advertisement that says....

Watch budding Pune IPL players from your balcony.*

* Ground facing apartments additional 400 psf.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    In that case, I am ready to book the entire building (& default later):D.

Man ,, then you should go with Mont-Vert scheme .. i saw their adv. with two ladies ( probably twins ) ... :D
    CommentQuote
  • New Addv.

More Gimmicks … Here is a mail I received

Subj: Rajwada Style Bungalows and Plots at Murbad

Weekend with Kings and Queens. Treat Yourself Royal

Ø Plots(Kingdoms), Palaces(Bunglows)
    Ø Rajwada Style Huge enterance Gate
    Ø Deewan-E-Aam (Club House) with a snaan kund and a traditional Rajwada art Museum, aakash Jhula, gulli danda, mallakhamb, goli danda.
    Ø Machhan with cushion baithak and chauka with wind chimes giving sound of nature.

Ha ha ha.. cant stop laughing at the 'Palace'.. and 'kingdom' things.. LOL…. And what does one do with the 'museum'

If the Kings having actual palaces would be alive today they would have died again reading this addv.

VK
    CommentQuote
  • Gulli danda as amenity ? haha.... what they hv to provide ?

Originally Posted by veeemkay
    gulli danda, mallakhamb, goli danda.
    ØMachhan with cushion baithak and chauka with wind chimes giving sound of nature.

CommentQuote
  • ugly joke

can you read the last name on this page ? At the end of the page.

http://www.krahejacorp.com/about-us-employees.html
    Is it real name or they put the name what customers use to call him ?:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    can you read the last name on this page ? At the end of the page.

http://www.krahejacorp.com/about-us-employees.html
    Is it real name or they put the name what customers use to call him ?:bab (59):

Nice catch, but don’t make fun on name and at least at public place
    CommentQuote