I red in Lokmat, Hello Pune dated 8th Feb, Builder Sachin Pethkar is arrested by Kothrud Police in fraud case lodge by Sagar Sabu.

Sagar saying he has booked the flat no 501 in Pethkar project Samrajya on 9.9.2004 but builder is not giving him flat and saying you have taken money back. Sagar saying he has not taken any money back and builder showing fraud cheque of return money to Sagar.

@Hi Jitu Sir still we believe in you, can you let us know what is your view in this case.
Read more
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I also read about it ... Builder arrested in cheating case , other two accused out on bail.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pagal

@Hi Jitu Sir still we believe in you, can you let us know what is your view in this case.

Tu 'pagal' hai kya?u still believe ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pagal
    I red in Lokmat, Hello Pune dated 8th Feb, Builder Sachin Pethkar is arrested by Kothrud Police in fraud case lodge by Sagar Sabu.

Sagar saying he has booked the flat no 501 in Pethkar project Samrajya on 9.9.2004 but builder is not giving him flat and saying you have taken money back. Sagar saying he has not taken any money back and builder showing fraud cheque of return money to Sagar.

Dear pagal, members,
    It was an unfortunate event which we could not avoid since the conditions were not favourable for us this time. Since the matter is subjudice I can just say that its a classic case of blackmailing from an influential personality.
    Rest I will leave it unto the reader to decide on the matter whereby the amount involved was 50,000/-
    Originally Posted by pagal

#Will keep you updated on the matter.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    Dear pagal, members,
    It was an unfortunate event which we could not avoid since the conditions were not favourable for us this time. Since the matter is subjudice I can just say that its a classic case of blackmailing from an influential personality.
    Rest I will leave it unto the reader to decide on the matter whereby the amount involved was 50,000/-

#Will keep you updated on the matter.

Hope you all come out of all of this safely.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "Danny007

Hope you all come out of all of this safely.

Dear Danny007,
    Thanks for your good wishes. Now the issue has been addressed. Hope things improve.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Jitu Sir,

Good Luck and Best Wishes. Ethics and Values form foundation of any business. Good organisation keeps greed of short term gains away and do not compromise on values and etichs. Based on whatever I have read you, I am sure you will come out of it.

But I know cases where builders actually did a similar thing and I wish our system works with the same level of accountability to deliver the right results!!

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    Dear Danny007,
    Thanks for your good wishes. Now the issue has been addressed. Hope things improve.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "birendra
    Dear Jitu Sir,

Good Luck and Best Wishes. Ethics and Values form foundation of any business. Good organisation keeps greed of short term gains away and do not compromise on values and etichs. Based on whatever I have read you, I am sure you will come out of it.

Dear birendra,
    This love and affection of members have been the foundation for me to be still on this forum. I am honoured. 2004 was the year when we launched our flagship project 'Samrajya'. We were still new, there was no ISO, not policies in place, most of the things were going on belief until we struck with this case. We learned many things out of this and started organising things to and still feel new experiences bring changes in us.
    Originally Posted by "birendra

But I know cases where builders actually did a similar thing and I wish our system works with the same level of accountability to deliver the right results!!

Cheers,
    Birendra.

The builder community is largely affected by such unethical practices.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhayd
    Tu 'pagal' hai kya?u still believe ?

Yes..i am crazy to know what went wrong by builder? What Sagar was doing since 2004? Why he hasn´t approach builder earlier for registration and possession? Any political people behind him to extract money from builder? If any mistake from builder then why they are not accepting it and close the matter? For 50k why they are losing their priceless image?
    CommentQuote
  • Builder arrested

Builders have generated a negative perception about themselves mainly due to unethical practises and habit of trying to make a quick buck at every opportunity. But it does not mean that every newspaper report is totally accurate.
    We should leave it the system to take stock and deliver justice. The event occurred in 2004 and people are getting arrested in 2013. Let full facts emerge and then people can decide.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    2004 was the year when we launched our flagship project 'Samrajya'. We were still new, there was no ISO, not policies in place, most of the things were going on belief until we struck with this case. We learned many things out of this and started organising things to and still feel new experiences bring changes in us.

The builder community is largely affected by such unethical practices.

Dear Jitu sir, The tragedy of life does not lie in making mistakes, it lies in “repeating” the same mistakes. There is always a lessons learnt which in your case seems to be making the processes and methodologies full proof and have enough reviews to avoid certain issues.

Coming to the general sentiments, if you really see builders are building houses and it is a business. I am sure there are other business community that makes much more money than builders but some how there is a widespread hatred against the builders that builders as a community need to answer “why”. Few months back a builder died in an accident and someone in this forum only made fun of this and personally I was very disappointed but relaised why someone wants to do something like that. I have few friends that run business and one of the point my friends tell me that this business is a legacy he is building for his next generation so that his children do not have to start from scratch and he feels that this is the main difference between a person who works as an employee and someone who runs business. The builder community need to take a pause and think are they really creating a sustainable business model for their next generations that is founded on values, principles and ethics, if the answer is no then they need to think about medium term and long term strategy and not concentrate just on the short term gains. I have mentioned this to couple of other builders whom I know but to me it appears it’s a race and everyone is trying to make the most in the short term.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Well said!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    Dear Jitu sir, The tragedy of life does not lie in making mistakes, it lies in “repeating” the same mistakes. There is always a lessons learnt which in your case seems to be making the processes and methodologies full proof and have enough reviews to avoid certain issues.

Coming to the general sentiments, if you really see builders are building houses and it is a business. I am sure there are other business community that makes much more money than builders but some how there is a widespread hatred against the builders that builders as a community need to answer “why”. Few months back a builder died in an accident and someone in this forum only made fun of this and personally I was very disappointed but relaised why someone wants to do something like that. I have few friends that run business and one of the point my friends tell me that this business is a legacy he is building for his next generation so that his children do not have to start from scratch and he feels that this is the main difference between a person who works as an employee and someone who runs business.

very true

very true

very true

very true

very true

very true
    CommentQuote
  • Very well said Birendra.
    If you see pan India, there is hatred against 2 people :-

The politicians & the builder. Being in politics, I have myself seen politicians who want to do something for the good, for betterment of the people but then, these are in minority. Same goes with the builder. I have good personal relations with some major builders within & outside the state.

But then, the builders also need to see why over 60+% of cases in consumer court are against builders. I know an year old case where a Pune builder tricked the buyers, gave fake promises, poor quality etc. & once his son met with an accident, & when I informed about this to a buyer who comes to my gym, he said, "Are waah". Now later he too felt bit ashamed to what he said, but note that it was spontaneous.

And you rightly said about the money part, there are many other biz where money is more than RE, infact the company where I work, it's quarterly profits are far more than the annual budget of PMC. :D But RE is the place where it is not only money but has more emotions attached to it, especially in India.
    CommentQuote
  • As you sow so shall....

Owning a home is the biggest dream of a couple in India.
    That sentimental value and building a abode for they love the most.
    Its because of the infinite greed of the builders and speculators that this
    dream home is out of budget for most of us.
    Then come compromises on location, quality size, amenities etc and the burden of huge
    loans and sleepless nights which a person spents dreaming about getting in his home
    which he has earned hard.
    Over so much pain too what he gets is false promises, no amenities which were promised,
    poor quality contrstruction , endless delays etc.

This is the reson why builders have become the villains of people life.
    Else if they have ethical practices, timely delivery, deliver what is promised.
    Good quality construction. And look for good customer relations there are still people who are willing
    to pay a premium to such good builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Jitu Sir

Let truth prevail and guilty be brought to justice....
    Whoever it may be
    CommentQuote