Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by enduser View Post
    Why 'kanjushi' in height now? After all FSI won't be affected.

I feel 12 feet height should be the norm, just to provide
    good ventilation and spacious feeling (at least vertically).

Moreover, tallish flat won't add much to the total construction cost.

But then Builders indulge in 'Cost cutting' rather than 'Cutting cost'.
    Dear enduser,
    We have to follow Municipal Corporation norms while getting sanctions for high rise buildings. Like for 6 storey building it has to be in 21 mtrs, 7 storey in 24 mtrs and 11 storey in 36 mtrs.
    Last edited by Pethkar Projects; April 24 2010, 05:08 PM.
    Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

Originally posted by enduser View Post
      Why 'kanjushi' in height now? After all FSI won't be affected.

I feel 12 feet height should be the norm, just to provide
      good ventilation and spacious feeling (at least vertically).

Moreover, tallish flat won't add much to the total construction cost.

But then Builders indulge in 'Cost cutting' rather than 'Cutting cost'.
      Dont say anything for sake of saying, coz this is "Free" forum...
      DO you know what you are saying???12 Ft height ??? have u seen any flat with 12 ft height??? 12 ft height in flat will create other issue like stability of building etc...Why you don't leave work of spet to spet only ( I mean deciding height of building to architecture or civil engineer)....
      Cheers,
      -Ashish

Comment

Friends,

I saw discussion around Indian style toilet sheet and European style in this thread. I wanted to share my experience with it which might help few members.

Wanted to tell you that when I bought my flat 10 years ago it was almost ready possession and it took lot of convincing from my side to agree the builder for putting Indian style toilet sheet(and the only reason he agreed is because 3 of us were buying from him and all 3 wanted to make this change in their respective units). My reason was my parents had never used a western style and they were never going to use as well.So I was never going to buy a house where my parents were not going to come just because of toilet. As per their understanding we can not touch any part of the toilet sheet while sitting. The other reason we wanted Indian is because as per one of my friend it was easier for kids to use Indian.

It took lot of effort to discuss with builder and get it changed. The reason being it is generally not simply removing the western WC and replace by Indian. Generally if you have Western then it is in the centre of the bath room. Considering it has Wash basin on one side and shower panel on the other. If you decide to put Indian you can not have that in the centre as passing through it toward shower/basin, the one at extreme end is dangerous. The solution is to move the toilet space to the extreme end if you want Indian style. Now the problem you face is the outlet pipe through duct for a toilet and simple shower(water) are of different thickness. The position of these pipes through duct is fixed because it is same for people of all other floor. Hence connecting from your toilet/shower to the right outlet is generally a big challenge.

However we still got it changed. My parents comes once in a while and later my father actually felt that using Western was much easier for him as it gave less stress to knee. My inlaws goes to only wastern as sitting in Indian again gives knee problem.
        My kids never used the Indian one and in fact once in a while when the western one is busy he still does not want to go to Indian even when he has to. At times we had to force him to go.Today when I look back I see the Indian one is hardly used 5-6 times in a year(it is used for all other purpose like basin and shower but toilet is not used. Latest I heard is out of my two other friend who had got it changed to Indian, one has already changed it to Western and the other is actually doing it from yesterday. Given a choice even we want to change it but do not want to spend on this as changing it back is again not very simple and it is actually expensive as you have to change most of the tiles and even pipelines in most cases.

So think about it………………..if you ask me when I bought 10 years ago it was like a must. I would not have bought the house if builder was not going to change it. But today it is a headache and everyone in my family thinks that it needs to be changed.

It depends on individual but still wanted to share my experience so that you get the other perspective as well and decide what is best for you.
        Last edited by birendra; April 24 2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post
          Dont say anything for sake of saying, coz this is "Free" forum...
          DO you know what you are saying???12 Ft height ??? have u seen any flat with 12 ft height??? 12 ft height in flat will create other issue like stability of building etc...Why you don't leave work of spet to spet only ( I mean deciding height of building to architecture or civil engineer)....
          Ashish, Today most of builders keep the clear height of about 9 ft. Few keep 9ft 4 inches. All the materials that you buy for constructions are also customized in size to meet this requirement. If you increase it then cost of construction increases and in many places you face unusual situations as your contractors are generally used to 9 ft height and their machinary and factory is set for that.

From buyers perspective I personally think it should be 10 to 10.5 feet as the look completely changes. Notice some of the sample flats that builders create which they later break...height is generally more so that perspective buyars get a bigger space feeling.

9 ft is less because if you are creating a false ceiling it further reduces the clear height.

Vatika project by Bhujabal builder has 10 ft clear height if I remember correctly.Some of the bungalow scheme has even 11 to 11.5 ft for example Vasant Vihar(Baner) and Forest trail by Paranjape schemes

Cheers,
          Birendra.
          Last edited by birendra; April 24 2010, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post
            Ashish, Today most of builders keep the clear height of about 9 ft. Few keep 9ft 4 inches. All the materials that you buy for constructions are also customized in size to meet this requirement. If you increase it then cost of construction increases and in many places you face unusual situations as your contractors are generally used to 9 ft height and their machinary and factory is set for that.

From buyers perspective I personally think it should be 10 to 10.5 feet as the look completely changes. Notice some of the sample flats that builders create which they later breaks...height is generally more so that perspective buyars get a bigger space feeling.

9 ft is less because if you are creating a false ceiling it further reduces the clear height.

Vatika project by Bhujabal builder has 10 ft clear height if I remember correctly.Some of the bungalow scheme has even 11 to 11.5 ft for example Vasant Vihar(Baner) and Forest trail by Paranjape schemes

Cheers,
            Birendra.
            You right Birendra, 10' height for flat would be ideal, but 12 ft for flat is too much (mostly ppls dont do false ceiling in residential property), I think if you are going for 12 ft ceiling height in flat then you have to factored this in while doing foundation of building, as in 12 ft ceiling case you have 25% more height of entire building (as compared to 9ft ceiling height) .

Regarding Bungalow or independent house, you can have 12 ft ceiling height, but that also I have not seen very common practice...
            Cheers,
            -Ashish

Comment

looks like ash7979 did not do his homework before posting

Comment

Friends,

I saw discussion around Indian style toilet sheet and European style in this thread. I wanted to share my experience with it which might help few members.

Wanted to tell you that when I bought my flat 10 years ago it was almost ready possession and it took lot of convincing from my side to agree the builder for putting Indian style toilet sheet(and the only reason he agreed is because 3 of us were buying from him and all 3 wanted to make this change in their respective units). My reason was my parents had never used a western style and they were never going to use as well.So I was never going to buy a house where my parents were not going to come just because of toilet. As per their understanding we can not touch any part of the toilet sheet while sitting. The other reason we wanted Indian is because as per one of my friend it was easier for kids to use Indian.

It took lot of effort to discuss with builder and get it changed. The reason being it is generally not simply removing the western WC and replace by Indian. Generally if you have Western then it is in the centre of the bath room. Considering it has Wash basin on one side and shower panel on the other. If you decide to put Indian you can not have that in the centre as passing through it toward shower/basin, the one at extreme end is dangerous. The solution is to move the toilet space to the extreme end if you want Indian style. Now the problem you face is the outlet pipe through duct for a toilet and simple shower(water) are of different thickness. The position of these pipes through duct is fixed because it is same for people of all other floor. Hence connecting from your toilet/shower to the right outlet is generally a big challenge.

However we still got it changed. My parents comes once in a while and later my father actually felt that using Western was much easier for him as it gave less stress to knee. My inlaws goes to only wastern as sitting in Indian again gives knee problem.
                My kids never used the Indian one and in fact once in a while when the western one is busy he still does not want to go to Indian even when he has to. At times we had to force him to go.Today when I look back I see the Indian one is hardly used 5-6 times in a year(it is used for all other purpose like basin and shower but toilet is not used. Latest I heard is out of my two other friend who had got it changed to Indian, one has already changed it to Western and the other is actually doing it from yesterday. Given a choice even we want to change it but do not want to spend on this as changing it back is again not very simple and it is actually expensive as you have to change most of the tiles and even pipelines in most cases.

So think about it………………..if you ask me when I bought 10 years ago it was like a must. I would not have bought the house if builder was not going to change it. But today it is a headache and everyone in my family thinks that it needs to be changed.

It depends on individual but still wanted to share my experience so that you get the other perspective as well and decide what is best for you.
                Very good description of first hand experience....Your post always are very informative...keep it up Birendra!!!
                Cheers,
                -Ashish

Comment

Dear birendra,
                  Thanks for sharing your honest experience with all. We always recommend to have wall hung commodes in all toilets for its convenience, spacious & cleen feel in the toilet, but sometimes purchasers are keen to have Indian and make their purchases based on it.

*PS: I had not seen your post in recent times. Please keep posting as it helps.
                  Last edited by Pethkar Projects; April 24 2010, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
                    Dear birendra,
                    Thanks for sharing your honest experience with all. We always recommend to have wall hung commodes in all toilets for its convenience, spacious & cleen feel in the toilet, but sometimes purchasers are keen to have Indian and make their purchases based on it.

*PS: I had not seen your post in recent times. Please keep posting as it helps.
                    Dear Jitu sir,

Sure every individual is different and have different background. As I mentioned even I was not going to buy 10 years ago if builder would have refused my request, because at that point in time a western toilet for usage was like a crime for my parents.

Wall hung commode is as even better as you do not have the base touching floor so cleaning is much easier. Most of the good projects today uses wall hung commode.

I got busy but was still reading all the posts. Other reason is that I felt that there was no post where I could have added value to the points already raised with my limited knowledge hence I did not post a reply. But I will definitely post whereever I can add value to discussion.

Regards,
                    Birendra.
                    Last edited by birendra; April 24 2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Dear Jitu sir,

Sure every individual is different and have different background. As I mentioned even I was not going to buy 10 years ago if builder would have refused my request, because at that point in time a western toilet for usage was like a crime for my parents.

Wall hung commode is as even better as you do not have the base touching floor so cleaning is much easier. Most of the good projects today uses wall hung commode.
                      Dear birendra,
                      That was the sole reason for which we decided to provide wall hung commodes in all attached toilets and go for Indian orissa pan in common toilet as default specification. If someone needs commode in common toilet as well then he can get it on request. This requires SWR provision to be made inside the duct to accomodate the change.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X