Hi folks,

As I earlier mentioned I am going to visit Pethkar - Samrajya today. I am finalizing a 2bhk unit there. The last rate quoted was Rs. 4200. Lets see how much they reduce the price today. If anyone has more info on this project/builder then kindly share. :D
Read more
2760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    In case of piped gas, i think the pipes are an amenity, but gas is a commodity. Re-filling the gas is not part of maintenance, it is part of consumption.
    Tomorrow people will argue that builder has fitted AC so he should pay the light bill.

If the builder on paper - says he will pay for the electricity - of course he has to pay for it...

Man, in this case - piped gas is an amenity - whereas to maintain a vendor/supplier 24X7 is mentioned as a part of the "Upfront Maintenance Contract", and the builder gets his money upfront for this. The gas USAGE bill will of course be paid by the consumer - what why must he not enjoy 24X7 piped gas connection if he has paid for it? The builder doesnt want to maintain a supplier - pay for the upkeep charges of the pipes and supply, and hence wants the consumers to convert to individual gas connection.

For me - its plain and simple cheating and it simply boils down to money !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Frankly, issues in Samrajya are more than these. My close friend stays here. It is a pathetic story:

1) You have to take telephone connection from Saj, a pethkar owned BSNL franchisee. They will carge yo 100 Rs over and above the BSNL broadband bill. Even if you have a combo plan, you do not get the benefits of free calls. When he discussed with the Saj lady, she said its a management decision and that it cannot be discussed. I consider this as "chindhi-chor". This will convert in to a revenue of over 600,000 (assuming the society has 600 flats).
    2) Jitu "Sir" has demanded that their bldgs create the society otherwise he will not share the VAT calculation details. DHAMKEE!! He wants to get rid of maintenance.
    3) Work was to be completed by Mar-Apr. There is still no sign. Jitu "Sir" has the standard answers, no water, no workers!! But he wants all the MONEY!!
    4) He has directly told the flat owners that his calculation on VAT is final, no discussion or review can be done by any flat owners. You will be LOOTED!!
    5) It seems that the first phase Maintenance money has not yet been given to the society!
    6) He has 2-3 towers despite all the knowledge on the ill-effects. How much GREED!!
    7) All in all, the gold-hearted Jitu sir only exists ONLINE. Reality is very very different!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir

2. If its a remark on the construction quality, then Samrajya L5 is now 6 years old. Building needs regular maintenance. We had been doing this till

So in 6 years buildings are degrading... Are you considering this while selling ready possession in L6? Those flats are already 3 years old. The residents haven't used swimming pool even once and may never use it again due to water situation but still will pay hefty for this amenity (which essentially will remain as a giant pothole)

I remember when I had checked for flats in 2009, I was told that Samrajya will NEVER have water issues because of blah blah but was never told anything clear like Jitu sir is claiming here. That VAT situation is also pretty demotivating. On one hand Jitu sir says that he will be transparent etc on this forum while flat owners are saying something else altogether.

Looks like the sad reality is Jitu_sir may have better communication skills but a builder remains a builder... You can't trust them...
    CommentQuote
  • By the way, what is per sq. ft. rate here ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "niteshm
    So sad, people gave lot of options, but none said anything about Rain-water harvesting. Collect all the water from all top of buildings and pipe it to those 2 bore-wells possibly after simple filtration. Nature takes decades to collect water to the under-ground source, but we as a humans can directly pipe it to under-ground source and you will have enough water in next 2-3 years. Direct same thing for nearby societies and then see how water-table increases.

Dear niteshm,
    There are 3 rain water harvesting tanks in Samrajya where all rain water pipes are diverted. Bore have done in these RWH tanks as well, but no water source. May be after some years the water table improves. We had taken trials on STP and should start soon. It's output will be used for flushing purpose and should provide some relief.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by niteshm
    By the way, what is per sq. ft. rate here ?

It's on their website...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "pcpune

JituSir,

I am quoting in general, also it is always PMCs responsibility to provide water, but since the builders know that PMC cant issue a OC to a society/flats, they give such undertakings to PMC that they would make sure water is supplied.

Also, piped gas - I beleieve must have been a part of the "amenity" which was promised as a part of sale - and hence if that is not being provided - then a compensation has to be given back to the consumers...

Dwelling, Plumbing other society upkeep issues are - all too common.

My point is - why to sign a document which is inherently based on a assumptions and premise, and pay hefty sum for it - and that too UPFRONT..

Dear pcpune,
    Let me put some more light on the piped gas issue.
    In case of Samrajya L5, it was not a standard facility and was decided just before the completion of building. In order to facilitate bill collection, we kept the billing at our end and NMC was the distributor.
    While in case of new buildings L6/7 it's totally handled by Dolphin Gas.
    We were willing to handover NMC completely but still they were not responding. The society committee was well aware of this issue as well as the steps taken by us to normalise the situation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "pcpune

If the builder on paper - says he will pay for the electricity - of course he has to pay for it...

Man, in this case - piped gas is an amenity - whereas to maintain a vendor/supplier 24X7 is mentioned as a part of the "Upfront Maintenance Contract", and the builder gets his money upfront for this. The gas USAGE bill will of course be paid by the consumer - what why must he not enjoy 24X7 piped gas connection if he has paid for it? The builder doesnt want to maintain a supplier - pay for the upkeep charges of the pipes and supply, and hence wants the consumers to convert to individual gas connection.

For me - its plain and simple cheating and it simply boils down to money !!!

Dear pcpune,
    There is no such 'Upfront Maintenance Contract' for piped gas service. We were just a mediator handling the billing part. If there is no support from distributor, we try to change the distributor. If nobody is willing to takeover the reticulated system for technical reasons, we are left with no option than to shut it down.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "Ferrari1976
    Frankly, issues in Samrajya are more than these. My close friend stays here. It is a pathetic story:

Dear Ferrari1976,
    Let's take it one by one.
    Originally Posted by "Ferrari1976

1) You have to take telephone connection from Saj, a pethkar owned BSNL franchisee. They will carge yo 100 Rs over and above the BSNL broadband bill. Even if you have a combo plan, you do not get the benefits of free calls. When he discussed with the Saj lady, she said its a management decision and that it cannot be discussed. I consider this as "chindhi-chor". This will convert in to a revenue of over 600,000 (assuming the society has 600 flats).

It's not mandatory to have SAJ connection. User can opt any other service provider other than BSNL, since we are their franchisee. We have no free calls that's why the rental is 100, Bsnl charges 250 (60 free calls). As regards bsnl broadband plan, then it operates on Saj's copper line for which rental charge is 100. To know the economics you need to compare app.le with app.le. Btw you get that wrong, 600 flats will fetch a revenue of 60,000 through rentals.

2) Jitu "Sir" has demanded that their bldgs create the society otherwise he will not share the VAT calculation details. DHAMKEE!! He wants to get rid of maintenance.

There is no connection between forming society and VAT recovery. May be your friend couldn't get my point when I addressed to all representatives.

3) Work was to be completed by Mar-Apr. There is still no sign. Jitu "Sir" has the standard answers, no water, no workers!! But he wants all the MONEY!!

Can we have a copy of the same. As far as I know the datewise schedule is already with the committee whereby the completion of amenities is 31st Oct.

4) He has directly told the flat owners that his calculation on VAT is final, no discussion or review can be done by any flat owners. You will be LOOTED!!

Half Truth is worse than a Lie. I have always said that the reports will be shared with the committees, explained and collection shall be done keeping complete transparency. After all everybody is concerned about how much % its works out.

5) It seems that the first phase Maintenance money has not yet been given to the society!

That conflicts your point No. 2. Anyways. Till date they never demanded it officially. But this November this will happen.

6) He has 2-3 towers despite all the knowledge on the ill-effects. How much GREED!!

We have a separate thread on towers. I had explained my stand on the same. To cut short the story, "no signal" complaints have ben addressed by these towers. Moreover recent stories on news channel reveals that using mo.bile phones are more health hazardous than towers. Shall we leave using mo.biles?

7) All in all, the gold-hearted Jitu sir only exists ONLINE. Reality is very very different!

While offline, I do exist on site with same commitment as here online. Don't go on perception, check the reality yourself.

Update: Today we officially carried out election and formed Samrajya L6 Society. I wish your friend have attended it, he would have changed his opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "punerebuyer

So in 6 years buildings are degrading... Are you considering this while selling ready possession in L6? Those flats are already 3 years old. The residents haven't used swimming pool even once and may never use it again due to water situation but still will pay hefty for this amenity (which essentially will remain as a giant pothole)

Dear punerebuyer,
    Nowhere I said buildings are degrading. Every building needs regular checkup & maintenance like our own vehicle. As regards amenities I had clarified this before that they were planned only after completion of all buildings and will open in month of November (including swimming pool)
    Originally Posted by "punerebuyer

I remember when I had checked for flats in 2009, I was told that Samrajya will NEVER have water issues because of blah blah but was never told anything clear like Jitu sir is claiming here. That VAT situation is also pretty demotivating. On one hand Jitu sir says that he will be transparent etc on this forum while flat owners are saying something else altogether.

Water issue has aroused since February this year, so from that time onwards we started sharing the fact. Its surprising to know that I committed on something which is beyond my control. It's like committing 24hrs uninterrupted electricity in homes. As regards transparency, let it be the discretion of the purchasers.
    Originally Posted by "punerebuyer

Looks like the sad reality is Jitu_sir may have better communication skills but a builder remains a builder... You can't trust them...

Nice to know that I am better in something rather than nothing. There is still scope to improve. Will try to be more trustworthy in future.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,
    Its better to talk face to face than fighting here online. You should be lucky that you have builder whom you can approach and ask about your problems. Try to get radiation suppressor to follow new TRAI guidelines, its cheap. And for others radiation from tower doesn't affect people living below that. Worst affected are people in line of sight from other buildings.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "niteshm
    Hi Guys,
    Its better to talk face to face than fighting here online. You should be lucky that you have builder whom you can approach and ask about your problems.

Dear niteshm,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Logical discussion is better than extreme criticism which results into dishonest psychology of builders.
    CommentQuote
  • I can say this much :-

Building 600 flats is not a trivial task. It involves a lot of effort and there would be problems here and there. To criticize is very easy. To create something is very difficult.

No builders come and explain in the manner Mr Pethkar has done.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Jitu Sir,
    Let's take it one by one.

Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    Dear Ferrari1976,
    It's not mandatory to have SAJ connection. User can opt any other service provider other than BSNL, since we are their franchisee. We have no free calls that's why the rental is 100, Bsnl charges 250 (60 free calls). As regards bsnl broadband plan, then it operates on Saj's copper line for which rental charge is 100. To know the economics you need to compare app.le with app.le. Btw you get that wrong, 600 flats will fetch a revenue of 60,000 through rentals.

Thanks for point out the calculation mistake. Are you claiming that Samrajya residents (the new phases) can opt for any ISP including Airtel, YouTele? I guess you probably are not aware of your own rules!! Currently there is no choice but to go in with SAJ for Broadband. If a COMBO broadband is bought and it includes free calls per BSNL plan, why are those not allowed? If you are not aware then let me also tell you that beyong 512KbPS, Saj does not offer any internet plan. We have to opt for BSNL plans and pay the bribe to SAJ. What apples are we talking about here? I guess this is pure loot.

There is no connection between forming society and VAT recovery. May be your friend couldn't get my point when I addressed to all representatives.

OR maybe you are different when you say it here and very different when the doors are closed

Can we have a copy of the same. As far as I know the datewise schedule is already with the committee whereby the completion of amenities is 31st Oct.

Pl approach your sales team as a "Buyer". You will hear this from them. I had approached n Jan and I had got this information first hand.

Half Truth is worse than a Lie. I have always said that the reports will be shared with the committees, explained and collection shall be done keeping complete transparency. After all everybody is concerned about how much % its works out.

Collection will be done with all the transparency, what about the calculations?

We have a separate thread on towers. I had explained my stand on the same. To cut short the story, "no signal" complaints have ben addressed by these towers. Moreover recent stories on news channel reveals that using mo.bile phones are more health hazardous than towers. Shall we leave using mo.biles?

Why can't the people staying in that building have a say in this?

While offline, I do exist on site with same commitment as here online. Don't go on perception, check the reality yourself.

Appreciate the effort.

Is it untrue that at one point you had restricted which newspaper guy and milkmen can cater to the society needs? This was done so that you can get a cut from them. How do you explain that?

Update: Today we officially carried out election and formed Samrajya L6 Society. I wish your friend have attended it, he would have changed his opinion.

That is exactly what you want!!! To get away from the responsibility of maintenance without even completing the work!

I agree that online debate will not solve the problems. But it is important that the online community is aware of the hidden clauses in SAMRAJYA.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Ferrari1976,
    Let us wait till 31st Oct. the picture will be more clear as regards VAT & Amenities.
    CommentQuote