Hi folks,

As I earlier mentioned I am going to visit Pethkar - Samrajya today. I am finalizing a 2bhk unit there. The last rate quoted was Rs. 4200. Lets see how much they reduce the price today. If anyone has more info on this project/builder then kindly share. :D
Read more
2760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by enduser
    Rightly said, but Builders simply close their eyes and keep on babbling about why the price is right. Ironically, every price is right for them.
    Similar is RE stuff. You inflate prices and keep on giving crap about how the price is right. All that infra (like access roads, schools, shops, etc.), does not cost single paisa to builders (since they are taken care by someone else), but still the builders increase their prices based on these parameters.

I would not blame builder for the price rise. Builder is there to make money and not charity, they will try to make every inch of it. Even if I were a builder will do the same.

Price is demand vs supply. If you are finding the current prices unaffordable, i am sure there are lot many, almost 95% I would say, who find it unaffordable. (Include me)

Its the buyers/Investors who feel RE will keep rising forever, think of making quick money or fear price will be more unaffordable tomorrow buy today.

Prices have struggled to pass their peak in 2008 and hopefully people will understand and overly optimistic Investors will feel RE as bad investment if prices remain stagnant in 2010 and they do their math properly.

Renting is cheap option available until the prices correct for good.
    CommentQuote
    Rightly said, but Builders simply close their eyes and keep on babbling about why the price is right. Ironically, every price is right for them.

Yesterday, I happened to visit Consumers Exhibition at COEP and one customer remarked to a salesman about how Chicken stuff at his stall was costly in comparison to say Mumbai, etc. The innocent salesman agreed that things were indeed costly but that was because they were at the exhibition site in Pune. However, he was immediately reprimanded by his owner boss, who told him to tell customers that their quality was better than others and hence the High price!

Similar is RE stuff. You inflate prices and keep on giving crap about how the price is right. All that infra (like access roads, schools, shops, etc.), does not cost single paisa to builders (since they are taken care by someone else), but still the builders increase their prices based on these parameters.

Totally agree with you.
    CommentQuote
  • Guess above two posts sums up the issue of complaining over current price of RE. If you think its high and believe it will fall, hold on till then.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Jitu,

I agree 100% that builder is free to increase the price if there are buyers at increased price.
    But there are two sides to the coin. Builders should keep in mind that if they can raise prices in a way which is not understandable to a rational buyer, there will be a time builder will be forced to reduce prices just to raise liquidity (or pay off debt) and that time builder might even be selling flats at a loss.

No builder anywhere in the world has the luxury of infinite liquidity.

As long as you have factored in a price crash into your financial spreadsheet, All Is Well.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Abeerbagul,
    i completely agree on the point that the increment of prices should be rational. our effort is to keep our prices competitive and resonable in accordance with the time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    No builder anywhere in the world has the luxury of infinite liquidity.

Yep, & nor does any buyer in the entire world has infinite money to buy at any price.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear realacres & abeer,
    i completely agree with both of you. hence i insist all buyers to understand your needs, make a survey, visit different sites, talk with right person, make a detailed report on pros & cons for various project and then come to a conclusion. its better to pay some but reasonable additional cost where you get good infra instead of paying unreasonable rates where there is no or almost no infra.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    its better to pay some but reasonable additional cost where you get good infra instead of paying unreasonable rates where there is no or almost no infra.

That's right, even I reiterate on infra issue in all my posts. However, there has to be a limit for this premium. See no reason why one should buy at Kothrud & not at Aundh. Though this is subjective, it doesn't mean that one should pay price of Tata Safari & buy an Indica just becuase he has 10L in his pocket.

Btw, how does one justify rates at Kothrud higher than Thane in this regard? It is also close to Mumbai with infra better than Kothrud.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

Btw, how does one justify rates at Kothrud higher than Thane in this regard? It is also close to Mumbai with infra better than Kothrud.

with the cooperation extended by forum members i hd become a senior member now. :)

i think the basic reason why people prefer Kothrud is its geographical location which gives it a cool pleasant atmosphere, abundancy of water, good vegetation, popularity for maharashtrian community having nearby realtives majority of those who shifted from peth areas. also the infrastructure lile schools, colleges, market plays a good role for Kothrud, but on other side it lacks in better roads.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    cool pleasant atmosphere, abundancy of water, good vegetation

you forgot to prefix "aamcha vedi as hota" (Pu.La. Deshpande's Puneri)

I still remember days of Tanker water supply in Kothrud and hot scorching sun at 42 degree.

haven't seen pune for long time it seems..
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please solve a buying situation for me:
    You are offered a plot of 15000 sq ft in Dahanukar Colony Rs 3000 per sq ft (negotiable).
    But there is one issue:
    There is a school on the plot currently. The land owner claims that the lease of the school has expired. But this is an old established school with a lot of students.
    The buyer has to agree to build a 3000 sq ft building for the school, down from the 15000 sq ft which it currently occupies.

Will you buy the plot?
    CommentQuote
  • Not in my wildest dream.

The seller has the nerve to quote 3000 Rs PSF :)

15000 - 3000 = 12000 left for you to build (if the school agrees ever to
    go down from 15000 to 3000). Which school has only 3000 sq ft of place.

So the actual rate (if the school agrees) is 4300 PSF for you and the seller
    is selling on his problems to you.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear abeer,
    for the given situation i would suggest to few points.
    1. check the latest search & tilte report fo the land for any 'kul-kayda', 'eenam' 'pending litigation, reservation etc.
    2. the land has to be in R-zone for which u need to see whts the rate of TDR and its availability.
    3. if they want you to build school on 3000 sft on free of cost then tht cost shld be recoverable from the reminaing development.
    4. wht is the actual builtup area avaible for residential purpose.
    5. wht could be the expected and obtainable rate psft.

after making the following study i wud cetainly think for the plot.
    CommentQuote
  • Jitu Sir, do you intend to expand your Samrajya in other cities as well?
    I know it is a mundane question...
    CommentQuote
    Jitu Sir, do you intend to expand your Samrajya in other cities as well?
    I know it is a mundane question...

Dear enduser,
    presently there are no plans of expansion, but we are open if we get any good offer. the main criteria here is to give full commitment for Samrajya and make better homes before we go for any new launch.
    CommentQuote