Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by techieguy_98 View Post
    GET YOUR HEAD FIXED FIRST
    Very personal hit this time... but I won't take it.. I pity the people who could not get better education .. especially in Mathematics... Hence I don't want to brag about my g_old medals in this area...

Ok so if the flat cost is 50 L , buyer should consider this out of his budget and still look at properties worth 25 L in Pune ... Buyer should not go out to look for 50 L since he will be considered risky (sub-prime) candidate...
    ok ... so according to your logic, the person should find an apartment worth 20-25L to make the numbers correct. do you realize that an apartment worth 25L in remote area will not fetch a rent of 10K. The rent will be around 3-4 K, hence the numbers will again justify that this is not a good buy...

I would have asked you to run these numbers again, but you have already publicly demonstrated your maths skills... oops!

I don't understand your line of questioning...If one earns an amount that is not sufficient to own a home of choice(in this case 50 L) , then why does one say its not good to buy...Why doesn't one realize that one is poor enough to own 50 L home and instead focus on 25 L home ? Herein lies the definition of budget and affordability... Everyone should and must have a budget...If they are overextending then that's a risk as the US subprime folks have found that.
    so far whatever we discussed, we never talked about affordability. We simply talked about value for money. Just because you can afford something, doesn't mean the product justifies the price.

if you still think your view is correct, god bless you...

btw, on an unrelated note, I am investing in a company which prints this book "Simple Mathematics: Even you can learn it". Would you like to be our prime buyer? We would give you 50% discount and sell it at a price you can afford...

this is called capitalism , if one has money , one can only get the equivalent value goods/service for that money... Problem comes when people like you try to do too much with little money they have...
    People say in Hindi " Jeb mey phutti kaudi nahi , 50 lakh kaa ghar kaha dekh rahe ho bhai ????"..
    this is a public forum hence people do not discuss their pocket depth... but i can assure you that i can afford to buy in any scheme in Pune at this very instant and current rates... and that too on my own worth with absolutely no inheritance... its just that I would rather buy a villa in USA than buy a 1500 sq ft flat on Deccan. I understand the value of money.

Capitalism means the one who has money gets the service but that doesn't necessarily assume that the one with the money has to take stupid decisions.

BTW, would you like to buy the book I mentioned on an affordable price?

If you are looking at homes to buy and you feel home is way overpriced then you should think there are buyers out there who can easily purchase that overpriced home... For you rent/price ratio comes into play , for those rich buyers it doesn't...They probably won't have EMI on it (you guys always think EMI, not all rich people do ), most likely will be black money or profit money from other places
    If one is planning to buy with 100% downpayment, RE can be considered as investment and I myself has mentioned this 2-3 times... and yes, we are talking about people who buy using EMI because most of the people fall in this category. Thats why every reputed builder tries to show bank association and pre-approvals etc in their advertisements.

This forum is for common man .. not for people with tons of black money.

If one has bought the overpriced home, and lets say there's a downturn, do you think that buyer will look to sell , no way , he will hold till he sees profit !!!! The ones that made distressed sell where the phutti kaudi ones who are not rich enough to withstand losses....But in the long run buying home will come out on the winning side if one is correctly buying within budget and affordability.
    Renting is a short term approach.
    You are really a funny man with no understanding of reality...

people who buy for staying for themselves, do not sell in distress because market falls or do not see for profits because markets are up. As long as they afford the EMI, they will sell home only in case of dire needs of life altering events.

The real issue is when people over leverage and not afford EMI due to poor financial planning. In such cases, usually even if they sell the property, they cannot even recover the investment, forget the profits. And btw, we have seen several calculations on this forum to clearly see that RE appreciation has very less or zero actual value if it is bought on rent. But again, since that was maths, I understand if you didnt get that at all...

All in all, your arguments for RE buying are so lame that even an RE salesman can do better arguments than you... You have effectively proved that you have no idea about economics, investing, capitalism, mathematics and even English.. so if you still want to write, you can avoid any references in these areas pls... .. this is an humble advice, decision is yours...

P.S.: Please pre-book the copy of the book at the earliest with only 10% booking costs.. we are starting the printing press very shortly and by the time the book hits the market the cost would be definitely 3-4 times, so it will be a good investment for you...

Comment

Yes ...but consider this...to say that the guy is compromising is a three people's opinion not grounded to the actual buyer's perspective (i would say he should only buy to his earning potential) ... If the 25 L were to double how's that a financially incorrect choice ???? And over and above to say renting in Pune is bettern than buying is also false...Consider this... There are different tiers of people who can afford 25 L , 50L , 1 cr, 2cr , 3 cr , 5 cr...... Each tier of the people will face this question of budget...For e.g. one person may have 4 cr and the flat he likes is within 4 cr, one should not say buying 4 cr is a bad idea because its cheaper to rent in a place where the 4 cr property exists....This is such a stupid argument... In 20 years what is the value of the 4 cr property ?????? Do you know where your rent money is going ? Its gone , its as good as shredding the money that you pay as rent...Its gone... If you were to collect that money over period of the loan , you will build equity and also the home price appreciates.....Also if a person has 2 cr , why should he buy property worth 4 cr ??? Also these realacres, punerebuyer and harshalx are throwing bad arguments with EMIs, capital gains , liquidity , liability..... Tell me 1 thing..If a buyer is buying a 4 cr property as of today , isn't the likelihood that the person is in a different league alltogether (beyond the common man's EMI and other calculations etc...)

Lets do this for fun

dear / adarniya Jitu sir,
      There are few people here who hold rent/price ratio very dear to their heart (more than vedic scriptures) .. Can you please let everyone know whether you look at rent/price ratio when you launch your projects ????? hahahahahahahah Do builders ever , ever look at this ratio ??? hahahahhahahaha ... I'm assuming you have fallen off your chair

To everyone,
      I'm sure they don't (confirmed by the same people who keep track of this ratio ,its way beyond 1:250) , so doesn't that tell you that no builder is going to sell you a property at rent/price ratio of 1:200 ....
      If they did , who will make money in this business tell me ????? And will you postpone your home buying decision because these 3 people think the rent/price ratio is not conforming to 1:200 ??

I am also inviting anyone on this forum to post honest real examples of a sale of a home where the sale amount was conforming to the ratio ( 1:200 ) and this should be in the last 5 or 10 years or anytime when you made the purchase... I want to see whether the purchase was a norm or an outright exception.... Also I want to see during which time this ratio derailed and went off the track ...

To the experts on this ratio : Do you have any data or statistics related to the above paragraph ??? Do you when this ratio fell off the cliff ???? Also based on what do you say this ratio will return back to 1:200 ???

I will bring this topic to closure once all the data points are gathered from these ratio experts... Till then folks :please buy if you can afford it...
      I wrote a long comment and decided that it will be my last on the topic but I could not resist this one...

You have mentioned 1:200 ratio several times in this post and made a fun of it as well as the people supporting it. But you yourself has posted an article which was completely based on this ratio. That article made sense only if the ratio is valid.

so either you need to agree that

either the ratio is impractical

OR

the article (buying is better than renting) is impractical...

from your own posts, both these statements cannot be true at the same time. You advocate a result which is based purely on a formula and then say that the formula is incorrect (even to extent of hahahahahaha!!) but the result is correct..

Agree that since the article was based on an impractical rent:price ratio, the article is incorrect and hence the correct decision is not to buy..

Comment

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
        Very personal hit this time... but I won't take it.. I pity the people who could not get better education .. especially in Mathematics... Hence I don't want to brag about my g_old medals in this area...

ok ... so according to your logic, the person should find an apartment worth 20-25L to make the numbers correct. do you realize that an apartment worth 25L in remote area will not fetch a rent of 10K. The rent will be around 3-4 K, hence the numbers will again justify that this is not a good buy...

I would have asked you to run these numbers again, but you have already publicly demonstrated your maths skills... oops!

so far whatever we discussed, we never talked about affordability. We simply talked about value for money. Just because you can afford something, doesn't mean the product justifies the price.

if you still think your view is correct, god bless you...

btw, on an unrelated note, I am investing in a company which prints this book "Simple Mathematics: Even you can learn it". Would you like to be our prime buyer? We would give you 50% discount and sell it at a price you can afford...

this is a public forum hence people do not discuss their pocket depth... but i can assure you that i can afford to buy in any scheme in Pune at this very instant and current rates... and that too on my own worth with absolutely no inheritance... its just that I would rather buy a villa in USA than buy a 1500 sq ft flat on Deccan. I understand the value of money.

Capitalism means the one who has money gets the service but that doesn't necessarily assume that the one with the money has to take stupid decisions.

BTW, would you like to buy the book I mentioned on an affordable price?

If one is planning to buy with 100% downpayment, RE can be considered as investment and I myself has mentioned this 2-3 times... and yes, we are talking about people who buy using EMI because most of the people fall in this category. Thats why every reputed builder tries to show bank association and pre-approvals etc in their advertisements.

This forum is for common man .. not for people with tons of black money.

You are really a funny man with no understanding of reality...

people who buy for staying for themselves, do not sell in distress because market falls or do not see for profits because markets are up. As long as they afford the EMI, they will sell home only in case of dire needs of life altering events.

The real issue is when people over leverage and not afford EMI due to poor financial planning. In such cases, usually even if they sell the property, they cannot even recover the investment, forget the profits. And btw, we have seen several calculations on this forum to clearly see that RE appreciation has very less or zero actual value if it is bought on rent. But again, since that was maths, I understand if you didnt get that at all...

All in all, your arguments for RE buying are so lame that even an RE salesman can do better arguments than you... You have effectively proved that you have no idea about economics, investing, capitalism, mathematics and even English.. so if you still want to write, you can avoid any references in these areas pls... .. this is an humble advice, decision is yours...

P.S.: Please pre-book the copy of the book at the earliest with only 10% booking costs.. we are starting the printing press very shortly and by the time the book hits the market the cost would be definitely 3-4 times, so it will be a good investment for you...
        You sound like a loser Professor not a investor with money ..I have seen such professor's where they don't do well in professional life...They are good for theory only... In practice they are losers...You seem like that. A total loser waiting for rent/price to come to 1:200 ... Keep your book to yourself.You'll need it to get a roof over your head, because you'll be renting and getting kicked out , you'll have no roof over your head Looks like you'll take rent/price ratio to the grave.. Good luck waiting for it to come to 1:200.
        Your math ,analyticall and english skills are gone... You should go through school again..
        You twist my sentences into meaning something else...I'm not going to respond to it...
        Please summarize and say again : what are you saying as far as renting ?? How long should one rent now if they were not to buy ?

Comment

Originally posted by harshalx View Post
          This article is totally bereft of reality. forget it Purerebuyer. No point arguing with techieguy. He thinks such articles make sense. There is no Tier 1 or even 2 city in India with a ratio that will hit 1:200. Thats nonsense.
          Harshal... I agree to you...

there is no point in arguing with Techieguy...
          Just because I can afford to spend some of my valuable time for this doesn't mean arguing with him is worth of that ... after all, I need to check the value of my time also, not affordability...

Comment

I wrote a long comment and decided that it will be my last on the topic but I could not resist this one...

You have mentioned 1:200 ratio several times in this post and made a fun of it as well as the people supporting it. But you yourself has posted an article which was completely based on this ratio. That article made sense only if the ratio is valid.

so either you need to agree that

either the ratio is impractical

OR

the article (buying is better than renting) is impractical...

from your own posts, both these statements cannot be true at the same time. You advocate a result which is based purely on a formula and then say that the formula is incorrect (even to extent of hahahahahaha!!) but the result is correct..

Agree that since the article was based on an impractical rent:price ratio, the article is incorrect and hence the correct decision is not to buy..
            I am advocating buying within means as opposed to renting... I am showing how the article endorses buying.. To me ratio is secondary... To you it is primary..Difference will be you will be a renter , I will be a buyer/landlord...I am going to kick people like you in the behind and throw you out every few years
            Last edited by techieguy_98; November 11 2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

I am advocating buying within means as opposed to renting... I am showing how the article endorses buying.. To me ratio is secondary... To you it is primary..Difference will be you will be a renter , I will be a buyer/landlord...I am going to kick people like you in the behind and throw you out every year
              You are endorsing an article which is based on compounded money inflow and outflow... and justifies that in the long term, buying will be better.. but if you apply the same formula for Pune's properties, the logic fails.. you still haven't responded to my question of whether the article is correct or the ratio is correct.. if ratio is wrong, the article is wrong, hence stop endorsing it.

Secondly, you referred me as a professor... I am not a professor or a teacher, but I feel honored by the comparison... person like you never would understand the importance of teachers and professors... this is evident in your language and personality.

And lastly, as I said, I would buy a villa in the USA while you be a landlord in Pune.. pay 30-40 K EMI and rent it out for 10-12K per month and take sick pleasure of kicking the tenants every year. In the long term, I will be sipping Jack Daniels or Smirnoff on my spacious lawn while you will be sitting in a matchbox apartment with a sore leg...
              Last edited by punerebuyer; November 11 2010, 02:51 AM.

Comment

You are endorsing an article which is based on compounded money inflow and outflow... and justifies that in the long term, buying will be better.. but if you apply the same formula for Pune's properties, the logic fails.. you still haven't responded to my question of whether the article is correct or the ratio is correct.. if ratio is wrong, the article is wrong, hence stop endorsing it.

Secondly, you referred me as a professor... I am not but I feel honored by the comparison... person like you never would understand the importance of teachers and professors... this is evident in your language and personality.

And lastly, as I said, I would buy a villa in the USA while you be a landlord in Pune.. pay 30-40 K EMI and rent it out for 10-12K per month and take sick pleasure of kicking the tenants every year. In the long term, I will be sipping Jack Daniels or Smirnoff on my spacious lawn while you will be sitting in a matchbox apartment with a sore leg...
                God give you some IQ to realize that regardless of the ratio , buying (within means and having enough savings stashed ) will be better than renting..
                Like I said you are a loser professor... I know which professors and teachers to respect. Nowadays not all professors are worth the same amount of respect and you of all are a LOSER !!!!.
                You are telling Indians in this Pune forum that it makes sense to buy a villa in the USA... ufffaaa ....where do we get numbnuts like you ? clearly you won't be able to enter USA , forget your villa (btw you need to get lesson in english) ... You'll sip Jack Daniels (ok whisky) or Smirnoff (average vodka ) ... Why not grey goose ?? oh that's right your a loser , you cannot afford premium liquor...Also when you buy a villa in USA be sure to -
                - Arrange for manual help, cuz you'll be doing your own laundry , dishes , mowing the lawn.. etc and won't have time to sit and enjoy Ask any real person who owns home in USA, how much time they get to enjoy their so called Villa in USA.... They have to sweat it out...You'll need a mortgage and job to keep this going..Professor like you will be out of work in no time... Bring extra liqour from India..you'll need it during bad times..

You should be a NRI to advise Pune people to buy in USA..For anything I say you apply ratio that realistic buyers do not apply to buying property in India, then you belittle properties in India.. You should not allowed to enter or return to India...

Again you sound theorish but not the one to put money...Btw which part of USA are you buying your villa and tell me the price ?? share with me some details and I'll ask my USA friends about this villa and get you surprises...

Real, yourself and harshalx only criticize and dismiss it as arguments..

For once can you share your theoritical roadmap for buying in Pune ??? Forget my stance , tell me your stance for buying in Pune...

You are a coward, you say now that you would own a villa in USA.. You don't have the stones underneath to formulate a strategy for buying in India... Can you share what it is other than defining a ratio ?
                Last edited by techieguy_98; November 11 2010, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Apologies

Sincere apologies for making arguments on this thread... This argument is now getting too much personal hence I am stopping this from my end!

I am learning valuable information on RE, construction sector, economic and investment viewpoints and I do not want to waste my time on this forum for personal arguments...

Lets all discuss in the right spirit and contribute valid information to make our interactions better... Cheers!

Comment

punerebuyer hats off

Punerebuyer,
                    Hats off for being a bigger man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by punemumbai123 View Post
                      Punerebuyer,
                      Hats off for being a bigger man!!!!
                      Did you just create a new id punerebuyer ??? Any way bigger or not bigger , don't stay out of India and make fun of pune apartments ? Also don't throw some technical ratios at people...You should not return to india then..stay where you are.. we don't need you...

I am sticking to my guns " Buying is better than renting within means and having savings stashed away " , regardless of ratios..

If you disagree, please build your case and present your viewpoints on how to own a home in pune.. Don't just say "just rent"... Tell me a long term view with facts..

ALSO FIVE people endorsing or agreeing to the views DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT...
                      Last edited by techieguy_98; November 11 2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X