Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Techieguy,
    Look at the reply posted by members on this forum. Their own experiences.
    Read some real examples posted.
    http://www.indianrealestateforum.com...gul+rent+ratio

I am posting one from abeerbagul, he owns several flats, and has also rented many flats for long time in pune.
    Originally posted by abeerbagul View Post
    Here goes my experience, both as tenant and landlord.
    2005 - rent 5.5k, price 12L, 1 BHK, Dahanukar Colony, Kothrud, ratio 1:218, as tenant
    2006 - rent 8k, price 15L, 1 BHK, Dahanukar Colony, Kothrud, ratio 1:187.5, as tenant - how i regret not purchasing that flat
    2008 - rent 9k, price 15L, 2 BHK, Aditya Garden City, Warje, ratio 1:177, as landlord
    2010 - rent 9k, price 32L, 2 BHK, Aditya Garden City, Warje, ratio 1:355, as landlord - rents are flat for past 3 years.
    2009 - rent 10k, price 35L, 2 BHK, Nigdi, ratio 1:350, as landlord.
    2009 - rent 9k, price 35L, 2 BHK, Nigdi, ratio 1:388, as landlord - second flat here
    2010 - rent 10k, price 35L, 2 BHK, Nigdi, ratio 1:350, as landlord.
    2010 - rent 8.25k, price 25L (approx), Dahanukar Colony, Kothrud, ratio 1:303, as tenant

Originally posted by techieguy_98 View Post

I am also inviting anyone on this forum to post honest real examples of a sale of a home where the sale amount was conforming to the ratio ( 1:200 ) and this should be in the last 5 or 10 years or anytime when you made the purchase... I want to see whether the purchase was a norm or an outright exception.... Also I want to see during which time this ratio derailed and went off the track ...

To the experts on this ratio : Do you have any data or statistics related to the above paragraph ??? Do you when this ratio fell off the cliff ???? Also based on what do you say this ratio will return back to 1:200 ???

Comment

Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
      Dear techieguy_98, rajeshp, sanav3, ani_meher, hitmady, harshalx
      After reading the discussion I feel that everyone has his own calculations of purchasing RE based on his needs, liking and affordability. Formula applicable for one cannot be necessarily applicable to other. RE purchase is a financial & emotional decision where the ratio of these 2 components differ for different people.
      I am glad to read the views of different members on the topic in this thread and hence no need for regrets. Keep sharing your thoughts.
      Dear Jitu sir,
      I say respectfully that you have avoided the main question on rent/price ratio. What is your take on this ratio ? Please let us know your thoughts specific to this ratio only... Please be assured that I have the common sense to know that you are not the only builder selling homes for rent/price ratio of more than 1:200 ..Every builder is milking it... Please don't take this the wrong way. This is not the attack on you or Samrajya.Please share your thoughts.
      Last edited by techieguy_98; November 11 2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aditi sharma View Post
        Techieguy,
        Look at the reply posted by members on this forum. Their own experiences.
        Read some real examples posted.
        http://www.indianrealestateforum.com...gul+rent+ratio

I am posting one from abeerbagul, he owns several flats, and has also rented many flats for long time in pune.
        Thanks aditi and meher... I looked at the real examples you gave...Please look at this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_property_bubble

It will tell you that the rent/price ratio is just a indicator that there is a bubble in Indian property market. I agree to this.. It has been there since 2004 , generally speaking..

I'm quoting here "
        As of 2007, real estate bubbles had existed in the recent past or were widely believed to still exist in many parts of the world,[3] especially in the United States, Argentina[4], Britain, Netherlands, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Spain, Lebanon, France, Poland[5], South Africa, Israel, Greece, Bulgaria, Croatia[6], Canada, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Baltic states, India, Romania, Russia, Ukraine and China[7]. "

I think folks are getting confused here when I say rent/price ratio for self-use and rent/price ratio when buying as an investor.. I'm talking about self-use first.. We can talk about investment later..

So generally speaking ,consider this
        - if the stock market has bubble, do people stop buying stocks or do they buy the right stocks and make money? I know people who made money during the crash and who mint money during the boom...

- So if real estate market has a bubble why should one stop buying, why can't you pick the right real estate to buy ? I know people who made money during Pune's price correction in last few years and during the growth.

- Also consider this..if rent/price ratio were to stabilize to 1:200 won't lot of investors realize this and will then start buying(these are folks waiting on the sidelines for the ratio to correct) and this will fuel demand and hence again a bubble will come into effect...

My point is bubble or no bubble if you buy within your means and have the holding power , you will come out on the winning side in the long term...
        Last edited by techieguy_98; November 11 2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

techieguy,
          This is not Punerebuyer other id. I am member even before Punerebuyer joined this forum. So concentrate to justify your take through valid points rather than being suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by punemumbai123 View Post
            techieguy,
            This is not Punerebuyer other id. I am member even before Punerebuyer joined this forum. So concentrate to justify your take through valid points rather than being suspicious.
            Ok good.... you stay out of the way and quiet...looks like you have nothing to say about real estate...

Comment

Dear techieguy_98, rajeshp, sanav3, ani_meher, hitmady, harshalx
              After reading the discussion I feel that everyone has his own calculations of purchasing RE based on his needs, liking and affordability. Formula applicable for one cannot be necessarily applicable to other. RE purchase is a financial & emotional decision where the ratio of these 2 components differ for different people.
              I am glad to read the views of different members on the topic in this thread and hence no need for regrets. Keep sharing your thoughts.
              Good answer Jitu_Sir... I can understand this from a seller/builder perspective.

it is a surely a financial and emotional decision but they both have a threshold and often are compromised. One cannot stretch emotional pressure beyond the affordability and to some extent VFM also.

Let me ask you a different question... From an engineer/businessman perspective, would you consider pune RE as a good investment?

There are several schemes going on around kothrud and being a builder you are obviously RE bull, so would you consider investing in nearby under construction projects so you can get good appreciation on your money?

Comment

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
                Let me ask you a different question... From an engineer/businessman perspective, would you consider pune RE as a good investment?

There are several schemes going on around kothrud and being a builder you are obviously RE bull, so would you consider investing in nearby under construction projects so you can get good appreciation on your money?
                Dear punerebuyer,
                I do consider Pune RE as good investment, provided there are some logical calculations done behind the decision. If it's investment then it's appreciation should be considered around 5 years down the line. Things change drastically year after year.
                Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

Dear punerebuyer,
                  I do consider Pune RE as good investment, provided there are some logical calculations done behind the decision. If it's investment then it's appreciation should be considered around 5 years down the line. Things change drastically year after year.
                  Even the builder is not ready to opine on this rent/price ratio... Do you think he'll like to reduce the ratio to 1:200 , wherein he is not going to see the kind of profit he is seeing today.... Builders will thrive on keeping the bubble going ...

Comment

aditi/abeer :
                    With respect to rent/price ratio :
                    1. Where did the 200 come from ????
                    2. Is the rent amount (regardless of how many bedroom flat that is) to be used differently for 1,2 and 3 BHK flats ? In other words ratio for 1 bhk rent / price should be 1:200 and 2 bhk rent/price should be 1 : 200 etc ?
                    Last edited by techieguy_98; November 12 2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Dear punerebuyer,
                      Hi Jitu_Sir..

I later realized that I had asked you a trick question... I could easily dismiss your answer by saying that you endorsing RE investment is because of your vested interested as a builder... .

But anyway, I agree that RE for investment needs some logical calculations. Since no one can be right or wrong when speculating over 5 year period, I am just proposing my assumption that currently for RE to give good gains as an investment tool would require 100% downpayment and continued demand of genuine buyers. I don't think many people can do the first and I don't think the demand will increase for further increases in pricing and hence would consider RE at this point not suitable for investment.

There are certainly better investment tools available in the market when one has a 5 year horizon.

Anyway, these are my views.. no arguments..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X