Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by pnb_2k View Post
    Hi Jitu_Sir
    I'm really happy that the fact has been accepted and clarified by you. We appreciate your honesty. But what is the reason for scarcity of sand
    in Pune and why this has been so much in limelight ?
    i guess you are not reading the news... :-)

the sand issue is coming now because for years, the sand mafias were extracting sand from riverbeds without any permissions and builders were buying it at 'sand' rates literally...

but recently activists like Anna Hajare picked up this issue and ensured that sand extraction need proper approvals and permissions. Hence their operations were curbed to a large extent and this has started affecting builders' profit margins but they cannot inflate the property prices even further because in reality, now they are paying the real sand cost which was earlier largely on paper only... :-)

Rest assured, that every builder who claims sand scarcity as a reason for delay or inflated cost, was certainly buying sand from illegal sand mafias in the past.

Just because Jitu (or any builder) paid fines for octroi doesnt end the issue... it is like saying that i have stolen but since now i have returned the goods (or paid some fine) so now i am honest. it doesnt change the fact that there was a law-breaking done for monetary gains...

Comment

Tax Burden on Builder ????

Dear Jitu_Sir

Can you please explain the tax burden on builder? It’s often claimed that
      out of the total cost 35% goes towards tax.

Buyer’s tax burden (9.38%) =VAT (1%) + Service Tax (2.38%) +Stamp duty(5%) + Registration fees -State govt tax(1%)

Builder’s Tax burden=
      Cesse to municipal corporation (300-400/psf) + ?????

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by khbarilal View Post
        Dear Jitu_Sir

Can you please explain the tax burden on builder? It’s often claimed that
        out of the total cost 35% goes towards tax.

Buyer’s tax burden (9.38%) =VAT (1%) + Service Tax (2.38%) +Stamp duty(5%) + Registration fees -State govt tax(1%)

Builder’s Tax burden=
        Cesse to municipal corporation (300-400/psf) + ?????

Thanks in advance.
        Builders tax burden goes as follows

1> 20-25% to the local corporator/MLA relatives, land mafias, politicians at local/district/state/central level; at each level the cut is different, and last but not the least gangsters etc

2> 5-8 % to PMC authorities

If you do all these then you can steal FSI you will not be caught by PMC authorities, town planning officers,

Your project will be given OC/CC without hassles

You can source sand by evading octroi and you will not be caught

You can create all sorts confusion regarding TDR and basically loot the public at large.

You are given preference to construct sub-standard SRA buildings and on which you get FSIs in the prime areas in the city

Comment

Originally posted by abhi2509 View Post
          Appreciate your honesty in accepting it…that’s why buyers say reputed builders like Pethkar Projects….
          I guess you guys should black list such suppliers who doesn’t show respect to your reputation….
          Dear abhi2509,
          Thanks for the appreciation.
          Since there is scarcity of sand, any supplier is welcomed these days, till the quality of the coarse sand is at par as per our standards. As regards octroi issue we take the affadavit and mention it in their Purchase orders which ensure thier octroi paid receipts.
          Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
            Thanks for the update Jitu.
            This essentially means that L5 people will require more time to enjoy amenities. However, the price/sq ft must be less for L5 compared to L6 & L7. So, how will you calculate the maintenance amount later?? I think L5 buyers must have paid lesser amount as maintenance than L6 & L7. If yes, isn't it then unfair for L6/L7 buyers to pay more for the same amenities?
            Dear realacres,
            As mentioned earlier, we had developed 10,000 sfts of garden which has chindren play area, some lawn, swimming pool & sitting area. the remaining 20,000 sfts landscaping is in progress and should be ready by Oct11.
            Maintenance amount of L5 was lesser in comparison with L6/L7. But looking at the inflation and cost of maintenance the society has already started collecting fund as future provision. Till date we are mainting the society. At the time of handover the maintenance amounts for all 3 buildings would be almost same.
            Originally posted by realacres View Post
            Btw, Jitu, will there be 3 separate socs in Samrajya rather than a single bigger one constituting on L5/6/7 ? Man, it is going to be tough to run a soc of so many flats!!
            There will be 3 different societies for L5/6/7 which will form a Trust/ Federation. There would be representatives from each building which will take responsibility for their respective buildings as well as common areas.

Comment

Originally posted by pnb_2k View Post
              Hi Jitu_Sir
              I'm really happy that the fact has been accepted and clarified by you. We appreciate your honesty. But what is the reason for scarcity of sand
              in Pune and why this has been so much in limelight ?
              Dear pnb_2k,
              Thanks for your kind words,
              Due to excessive extraction of sand from the river bed, Mahasrashtra Govt put an hold on sand extraction (Lilav) at some points for few months. This led to scarcity of sand since construction is going on mass scale in Pune. Within this period whatever sand was coming from various locations was available at excessive rates which led buidlers to either purchase it or stop their work.

Comment

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
                Just because Jitu (or any builder) paid fines for octroi doesnt end the issue... it is like saying that i have stolen but since now i have returned the goods (or paid some fine) so now i am honest. it doesnt change the fact that there was a law-breaking done for monetary gains...
                Dear punerebuyer,
                Let me explain this.
                Almost all material except sand, agregate that reaches the site is octroi paid. Our responsibility is to verify for these sand suppliers whether they had paid octroi for their truck loads. For which we collect octroi recepits for each truck, take affadavits for their liability and mention this in their POs.
                Still we had been fined by PMC which we paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
                  Dear punerebuyer,
                  Let me explain this.
                  Almost all material except sand, agregate that reaches the site is octroi paid. Our responsibility is to verify for these sand suppliers whether they had paid octroi for their truck loads. For which we collect octroi recepits for each truck, take affadavits for their liability and mention this in their POs.
                  Still we had been fined by PMC which we paid.
                  So in this case, you have taken octroi receipts for the trucks and also took the affidavits but still PMC fined you?

From your explained process, since you are collecting the receipts for every truck, you will never have a situation of paying fine. I am simply assuming that when a builder pays fines, the builder is certainly cornered perfectly and there is no loop hole to escape the fines... :-)

BTW, I am not here to audit your processes and certainly do not want to advice you on them, I am simply drawing conclusions from available facts... and for me, the bottom line is.. PMC found you guilty and had enough proof which you could not deny hence you had to pay the fines.

I agree that this may also be politically motivated. Political interference may be the reason for your FSI permissions issue too but in either way, they found evidence to fine you...

Comment

I agree that this may also be politically motivated. Political interference may be the reason for your FSI permissions issue too but in either way, they found evidence to fine you...
                    Dear punerebuyer,
                    One more fact about the fine was it was imposed JUST at the time of festival season of Diwali. STILL admit that we had been penalized and we had paid the fine.
                    Last edited by Pethkar Projects; February 2 2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

So in this case, you have taken octroi receipts for the trucks and also took the affidavits but still PMC fined you?

From your explained process, since you are collecting the receipts for every truck, you will never have a situation of paying fine. I am simply assuming that when a builder pays fines, the builder is certainly cornered perfectly and there is no loop hole to escape the fines... :-)

BTW, I am not here to audit your processes and certainly do not want to advice you on them, I am simply drawing conclusions from available facts... and for me, the bottom line is.. PMC found you guilty and had enough proof which you could not deny hence you had to pay the fines.

Although I hold no brief for Mr. Pethkar but similar incident like this happened some time back in Pune.

PMC officials started imposing fines on a few Maruti car owners who had purchased cars from a particular dealer. In this case it is the dealer who is supposed to pay octroi and NOT buyer. But PMC fined car owners. May be one of the weird ways how PMC functions.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X