Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by realacres View Post
    One of my close relative is building a 6BR, 6 bath bungalow in Nagpur with area of about 4000 sq ft carpet. Here are some of the specs:-

3x3 RAKS Vitrified tiles across the house,
    Italian Marble flooring in living, dining & 2 bedrooms including M.bed,
    Rest of the bedrooms have wooden flooring (solid wood & not laminate),
    External facade tiles on external walls,
    Home automation including control of curtains, ACs, CCTVs with just a tip of a button,
    Jacuzzi in M.bath while rest of the bathrooms have shower cubicles,
    Teak wood doors,
    Finesta uPVC windows,
    Floor to ceiling height of 15 ft,
    Heavy use of toughened glass, especially in bathrooms & staircase.....

And all this costed him just about 1150/sq ft. including the bath fixtures & home automation, integral lighting etc.

Now how many builders even provide 50% of the specs mentioned above?? Most of them use cheap Chinese lot material.
    Dear realacres,
    Really good specifications for a bunglow, but I doubt on 1150/ sq. ft. It could be excluding constuction cost. I agree, Even 25% of this is not used in residential schemes.
    Coming to Mahatma, even if we consider your rate of 4k, 2 people building on their own here (this is allowed according to soc norms), land cost becomes 80L/head. FSI is 1, so each can build 2000 sq ft carpet for 20-22L.

Total cost = 80 + 20 = 1 Cr for 2000 sq ft carpet with few hundred sq ft of terrace.

Then car parking is free, less MSEB charges, no maintenance charges like those taken by builders, land ownership is there & you have complete freedom to do what you want. Incase of flat, even to paint the external walls, 100 heads need to be convinced .
    As per my knowledge, 2 people cant own a singe plot in mahatma. Also the FSI here is 0.75.
    Samrajya was sold for 4000+/sq ft in 2009, now it is 6500/sq ft. This 2500/sq ft hasn't added any value for the buyer as such as the specs, project remains the same it is just that builder gets 2500/sq ft (salable) as bonus!!

And land:flat bad ratio is not limited to only Samrajya but even in balewadi where land is available for 900/sq ft, builder quotes 3500-4000/sq ft.

This makes to conclude that flat rates are exorbitant in Pune.
    Rates tends to increase as the completion nears. Though there is no value addition, there is always convenince in a ready possession flat.
    Last edited by Pethkar Projects; March 11 2011, 02:10 PM.
    Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
      As per my knowledge, 2 people cant own a singe plot in mahatma. Also the FSI here is 0.75.
      2 people can own a plot here. It is just that only one gets voting right & other is a co-member without voting rights. Btw, even with 0.75 FSI, one can build 3000 sq ft carpet. Then architects too can play in autocad like builders & make this atleast 0.95!!

Rates tends to increase as the completion nears. Though there is no value addition, there is always convenince in a ready possession flat.
      True, but to what extent??

If this continues, buying at Powai makes more sense then.

Btw, nitesh, where in Nagpur you are talking INR 1.25 Cr?? I bet it must be civil lines or shivajinagar with area of over 2000 sq ft. Don't just give price, please elaborate in detail.
      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

I dont think it is possible to do self construction with all such amenities for Rs. 1150 per sq ft.

My guess would be the construction cost would be easily double of that, or more.

For a simple bunglow with 2*2 vitrified tiles, basic jaquar fittings, good RCC, construction cost will be a little more than 1500 per sq ft. And this is on built up area, which is what the architect plans.

In marathi, there is a proverb, " pahave bandhun", which means, you only know the true difficulties when you start building your own home.

I still think it is VFM to construct your own home, but it certainly isnt as cheap as mentioned on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by abeerbagul View Post
          I dont think it is possible to do self construction with all such amenities for Rs. 1150 per sq ft.

My guess would be the construction cost would be easily double of that, or more.

For a simple bunglow with 2*2 vitrified tiles, basic jaquar fittings, good RCC, construction cost will be a little more than 1500 per sq ft. And this is on built up area, which is what the architect plans.
          Dear abeerbagul,
          I agree with you. Today at samrajya our construction cost goes upto 1800 psft including matl, labour, sanctioning & miscellaneous charges.
          I still think it is VFM to construct your own home, but it certainly isnt as cheap as mentioned on this thread.
          Building your own home is certainly VFM, but involves many agencies and their expertise. It starts from owning a piece of land with clear title till dealing with architects, contractors, PMC officers aka "saheb loka", sometimes local police, corporaters, suppliers etc. If one can deal with all these then he can certainly think for buidling their own home.
          Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

Financial freedom

Not to target Samrajya. But having an own independent bunglow OR row house have real advantages rather than just elegance.

The amenities build up in an apartment are a life long income source for builder & expenditure for buyers. Building a club house, gym & swimming pool from buyer’s money then charging under the heading of maintenance is a nice idea.

I am not really comfortable to pay hefty maintenance cost for life long. If you don’t have job, what will happen to maintenance charges? Today, many projects are charging 2.5 to 3 Rs/psf maintenance fees. It means for 3BHK you have to pay 4500 per month, which is equivalent to paying 5Lakh now. As per agreement, you builder will not be answerable but can hike the rate at any time. Another, practice is to force to use the service providers [cable, internet etc] of builder’s choice. So that the apartment management company will have additional revenue source.
            Even after paying so much money, natural light & wind are still rare.

So if one think the financial freedom is important then there is no choice other than independent house even though you may need to compromise on the location.

Comment

Well, no one can deny about the transparency in Samrajya project. On transparency basis, it is the best role model. If Jitu sir is charging premium under this heading, I can't argue.

Comment

Btw, nitesh, where in Nagpur you are talking INR 1.25 Cr?? I bet it must be civil lines or shivajinagar with area of over 2000 sq ft. Don't just give price, please elaborate in detail.
                Hey RA, you are asking it to the wrong person man.
                It was kirunOnly who shared this info. I just expressed my surprise over it.

Comment

Dear abeerbagul,
                  I agree with you. Today at samrajya our construction cost goes upto 1800 psft including matl, labour, sanctioning & miscellaneous charges.
                  1800/sq ft is the cost for good highrises, 20+ floors.

Building your own home is certainly VFM, but involves many agencies and their expertise. It starts from owning a piece of land with clear title till dealing with architects, contractors, PMC officers aka "saheb loka", sometimes local police, corporaters, suppliers etc. If one can deal with all these then he can certainly think for building their own home.
                  Perhaps it is this which is being exploited by the builders & it is this nexus between builder & babus which needs to be broken. This will be helpful for buyers & professional builders.

Comment

You mean 2300/sq ft!! No man, this is being built by my close relative who is in touch with me for various reasons. Why would he lie to me? Btw it is G+1 structure.

Earlier I have also mentioned that a person built a bungalow in Baramati in 2009 for about 900/sq ft!!

Man, many builders hike up the rates of constro so as to justify their rates.

Eg. Mont Vert was selling its project at Wakad for 2150/sq ft earlier in Wakad in 2009. Later, it crossed 3000/sq ft & builder said that the constro cost is atleast 1500/sq ft. So, does this mean that in 2009 constro cost was less??

Comment

Serious buyers make use of their pre-owned property, savings, shares, equities, FDs, gold etc to contribute their own share while remaining from housing loan.

Thank god you spared the kidney. These serious buyers can sell their kidney in case of emergency.

Today at samrajya our construction cost goes upto 1800 psft including matl, labour, sanctioning & miscellaneous charges..
                      Regarding construction cost, hmmmm, I am can that no one knows the correct construction cost . We are talking cost of construction per sq feet, and it differs in Rs 1000 for 1 sq feet. LOL

Anyways, how does a buyer care for the cost to the builders. Its builders problem.

If 1800 is the cost at Samrajya, bad for them, considering the average income of people living in Pune, and looking for buying home there.

There is nothing special in Samrajya that any common average income family cannot afford a 2BHK there.

Good luck.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X