Hi folks,

As I earlier mentioned I am going to visit Pethkar - Samrajya today. I am finalizing a 2bhk unit there. The last rate quoted was Rs. 4200. Lets see how much they reduce the price today. If anyone has more info on this project/builder then kindly share. :D
Read more
2760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear Members,

One quick commet. If you notice formula aplied by Jitusir the salable area is 1.25*carpet area + 0.5*balcony/terrace. If you see they have not multiplied (0.5*balcony) with 1.25 which I have seen builders do.Hence if there s a terrace of 150 sq feet if you do (0.5*150) it is 75 sq feet but if you multiply that by 1.25 it becomes 94 sq feet. So if the cost is say 3500 per sq feet you end up paying (94-75)*3500 more which is 66500 straight out of pocket and we buyars even do not realise what happened.

So be aware

Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Uninformed changes in I wing of Samrajya

i found this forum on the internet.. wish i could have found it earlier...

Jitu Sir: Recently there were changes made in the I wing apartments without informing the buyers. The changes are as below. Can you tell me why these changes were made especially when at the booking time, the advisers made the following two statements very clear

- What you see is what you get
    - No request for any changes will be accepted

The changes are
    1. Dry balcony was extended to the wash basin area making that area small. So now anyone using the wash basin needs to stand in the passage going to bedroom. This has made the passage look extremely narrow. The earlier design was keeping the passage free when anyone is using the wash basin.

2. In the initial design, all three bathrooms (in 3BHK), had WC but now one of them has been changed to Indian style sitting. Also the placing of WC is not according to the sample flat whereas it was told that the bathroom design will be exactly like the sample flats.

There was no communication sent to anyone regarding these changes.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    Dear Members,

One quick commet. If you notice formula aplied by Jitusir the salable area is 1.25*carpet area + 0.5*balcony/terrace. If you see they have not multiplied (0.5*balcony) with 1.25 which I have seen builders do.Hence if there s a terrace of 150 sq feet if you do (0.5*150) it is 75 sq feet but if you multiply that by 1.25 it becomes 94 sq feet. So if the cost is say 3500 per sq feet you end up paying (94-75)*3500 more which is 66500 straight out of pocket and we buyars even do not realise what happened.

So be aware

Birendra.

Dear birendra,
    you had made a valid point here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Punehousehunter
    But most of the quotation/ brochure are based on salable area and most of the sales in Pune happens based on salable area only. As per the act builder can go to Jail, if not complied to this Act???

Has anyone discussed this with builder before buying??

Dear Punehousehunter,
    the Maha Ownership act specifies that builders are supposed to have a clear disclosure of carpet area but its not mandatory to make the sale on carpet. hence there is nothing wrong in selling on saleable area.
    In 2007 tht time CM was pushing for this ammendement but there was no decision made on it.
    (]http://www.apnaloan.com/home-loan-india/amendment-maharastra-ownership-act.html[/url)
    moreover there is still no GR received by Registration offices to check for whether agreement is done on carpet or not.
    another point is if at all its made mandatory to make the sale on carpet the total package wont change, while the rate will tend to increase.[/url)
    moreover there is still no GR received by Registration offices to check for whether agreement is done on carpet or not.
    another point is if at all its made mandatory to make the sale on carpet the total package wont change, while the rate will tend to increase.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Jitu,
    Please throw some light on the post of Punerebuyer (#334) above regarding changes in flat without proper intimation to the buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    i found this forum on the internet.. wish i could have found it earlier...

Jitu Sir: Recently there were changes made in the I wing apartments without informing the buyers. The changes are as below. Can you tell me why these changes were made especially when at the booking time, the advisers made the following two statements very clear

- What you see is what you get
    - No request for any changes will be accepted

The changes are
    1. Dry balcony was extended to the wash basin area making that area small. So now anyone using the wash basin needs to stand in the passage going to bedroom. This has made the passage look extremely narrow. The earlier design was keeping the passage free when anyone is using the wash basin.

2. In the initial design, all three bathrooms (in 3BHK), had WC but now one of them has been changed to Indian style sitting. Also the placing of WC is not according to the sample flat whereas it was told that the bathroom design will be exactly like the sample flats.

There was no communication sent to anyone regarding these changes.

Dear punerebuyer,
    firstly i would warmly welcome you to this forum, though i am new too.
    as you know that we are having a clear policy of NO CUSTOMIZATION. in such case i can understand your concern for the changes made. the clarification for the same is as below.
    1. Dry balcony extension.
    there had been many feedback received from flat owners about requirement of dry balcony accesible from kitchen with washing m/c area and big counter for basin, similar to what it was in K wing sample flat.in previous design the counter wasnt large enough while the tap and washing m/c area was too cramped.this enhancement has been done by the architects taking space utilization into consideration.
    2. Indian WC in common toilet.
    this change was taken due to increased demand from many flat owners. moreover for this we had sent letters about individual choices for Indian WC and Euro. commode by Reg. AD having a deadline. povision is made as per customer request given in writing within stipulated time. i think u need to check with your residence for that request letter.
    we are always committed to give better specs and good layouts for which our inhouse architectural firm is supportive. so its wrong to say that there was no communication with the flat purchasers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hi Jitu,
    Please throw some light on the post of Punerebuyer (#334) above regarding changes in flat without proper intimation to the buyers.

Dear realacres,
    as mentioned first change has been done keeping space utilizaion in mind, while for the second change (critical from our point of view) complete communication has been done with purchasers. moreover the change reg WC has been taken as per their choices.
    CommentQuote
  • Brochure Bs Reality

Hi Jitu,

A question to you as a builder:-

Why do builders have very fancy brochures while in reality there is nothing that sort of thing?:o

Eg. The brochure may show big garden complete with water bodies, fountains, lawns etc. & in reality that place is hardly about 15ft wide:D.

Why can't builders keep the brochure as close as possible to reality?
    CommentQuote
  • Real Acres, When I was in US I used to be amazed to see Incredible India advertisements.....They used to show Blue water of River Yamuna near the Tajmahal. In actual you know what it is.

One more thing I always find interesting to see in builders over all master plan is the amenity space.I am not talking about the amenity space which is part of project and hosts things like club hose or other common amenity. I am talking about the amenity area that builders needs to leave for things like hospital,school,or something which will be of common use. There are ways to use this space but builder has possibility to hand this over to the government for development.

In the plan if you se this will in almost all cases be shown as great green space which I always find hard to understand as in most cases even builders would not know what will come up there.

May be Jitu sir can help us clarify this.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    One more thing I always find interesting to see in builders over all master plan is the amenity space.I am not talking about the amenity space which is part of project and hosts things like club hose or other common amenity. I am talking about the amenity area that builders needs to leave for things like hospital,school,or something which will be of common use. There are ways to use this space but builder has possibility to hand this over to the government for development.

Correct. And the funny part is that each & every builder says that PMC/PCMC is going to build a garden there:D.
    CommentQuote
  • The problem is in India we do not have clear set of plans and standards for buildings, town planning like US. We are 100 years behind. I am surprised to see that even new areas in Pune are developed like Dhankawadi that was developed 15 years back where buildings came first and roads were built? (Not built, some space was left). Forget about other basic amenities.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hi Jitu,

A question to you as a builder:-

Why do builders have very fancy brochures while in reality there is nothing that sort of thing?:o

Eg. The brochure may show big garden complete with water bodies, fountains, lawns etc. & in reality that place is hardly about 15ft wide:D.

Why can't builders keep the brochure as close as possible to reality?

Dear realacres, kunjir & birendra,
    i do accept that today many builders, infact their ad agencies are over exhaggerating things to make them attractive. unfortunately some buyers fall prey to these gimmicks.
    in our case we had never done it before nor have an intention to do in in future. if you had seen our brochure then we had tried our level best to put things as they are. even the surrounding pictures, top layout, society amenities are as they will be at the time of completion.
    even though we are developing a township of 40acres we had concentrated only on the current project and had never shown anything related to amenity space of township.

Originally Posted by kunjirs
    The problem is in India we do not have clear set of plans and standards for buildings, town planning like US. We are 100 years behind. I am surprised to see that even new areas in Pune are developed like Dhankawadi that was developed 15 years back where buildings came first and roads were built? (Not built, some space was left). Forget about other basic amenities.

i think for this the civic bodies are more responsible for the situation. but i felt sad withyour statement that 'India is 100 years behind US' - needs to do something to improve the situation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir

i think for this the civic bodies are more responsible for the situation. but i felt sad withyour statement that 'India is 100 years behind US' - needs to do something to improve the situation.

You can not escape pass the blame on civic bodies...Do you not know the plan & when that road gonna build??? Then why builder do false promises that there is DP plan or DP road gonna come up in year or two (I some cases it comes out totally false as well).....I also must say that india is 100 years behind to any civilized country where you have at least all basic amenities (water, Road, street light, security ) available before hand, once someone started living there...

Whether its its civic bodies or Greed of builders, I can see in india one even can not be sure about supply of clean drinking water even spending a Crore of INR Buying a 3 BHK flat....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    You can not escape pass the blame on civic bodies...Do you not know the plan & when that road gonna build??? Then why builder do false promises that there is DP plan or DP road gonna come up in year or two (I some cases it comes out totally false as well).....I also must say that india is 100 years behind to any civilized country where you have at least all basic amenities (water, Road, street light, security ) available before hand, once someone started living there...

Whether its its civic bodies or Greed of builders, I can see in india one even can not be sure about supply of clean drinking water even spending a Crore of INR Buying a 3 BHK flat....

Dear Ashish,
    i can understand your concern. people are not getting VFM at various sites. In general it may be true but atleast this is not true for Samrajya. we had never made false statements and kept things as simpler as possible. Complete transperancy has been kept with customers regarding the surrounding development. moreover we had taken premissions from PMC and developed the approach road atleast for the scheme. as regards water supply everyone knows that there is no problem in Kothrud - Shivtirthnagar area.
    CommentQuote
  • Simply look at the areas of Delhi-NCR especially Gurgaon. It is much developed in a better way that Pune outskirts. Man, even PCMC has better infra than Pune, yet the prices are low compared to PMC. Bangalore outskirts developed as independent pockets for which one need not go to central areas for basic things.

The problem in Pune of now is that the RE sector is over-politicised, either the politicos is a builder himself or a builder is a frontman of some hopless political chap eg. Pawar & Co. Complete lack of work ethics is due to non-professionals in the market. Had there been large scale corporate players, the scenario would have been even better.

The good part though remains is that there is a rising sense of awareness amongst the buyers these days about the builder where local chaps with just some political background are now being really kicked hard:). On medium-large scale, the failure of Nanded City, Megapolis indicate that despite Pawar & Co. backup, things can't go smoothly. Blueridge too is in shambles where many people want to quit & cancel their bookings.

Awareness amongst the buyers is the only solution for this. If buyers stop buying from builders who sell on DP, that builder will himself become PD (pre-mature death):D. The builders on other hand should fight for the betterment of RE sector as a whole rather than thinking about their own. A good deal is the one when all parties involved benefit:).
    CommentQuote