Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
    AFAIK, Pethkars have inherited this land
    And from Whom!!! None other than Peshwas. And now Pethkar's have become richer than Peshwa themselves

Samrajya has SOME history behind it!!!

Comment

true words!

Originally posted by birendra View Post
      As a buyer I am always prepared to pay small premium for a ready possession flat. We have seen many examples in Pune where buyers book pre launch and project does not start for couple of years. These are two opposite sides of the coin and definitely buying a ready possession flat has its advantages like you buy what you see, you can almost see the shape of entire society etc.

Having said that personally I can not imagine how peoplw can pay more then a crore for a 3 BHK in Kothrud. This is just unimaginable kind of money for a salaried individual to pay to live. Paying EMI is not the only thing that the buyer needs to take care one also need to run a comfortable life for family with all the costs like education of kids going up.

This is certainly not a sustainable state of affair and must burst. I am telling it because the impact of one sector catches other which mean this price rise will catch all sector. If it does not happen now it will be too late and challenge emergence and development of our country.......labor will become expensive,our competitive advantage in sectors like IT will be lost and our future will be at stake.

Unfortunately realstate sector in Pune has adopted multiple ways to hike price which includes things like increasing carpet to salable, charging 100% for balcony/terrace, increasing parking and adding further cost on the name of infrastructure charges.All this on top of already hiked salable price.

Samrajya is just one example, take example of any project you will realise prices have increased anywhere between 400 -1000 rs per sq feet for no reason in last 8 months.If you add the impact of other items like the ones I added in the para above the effective increase per sq feet increases even further.

This is definitely not sustainable.

Birendra.
      Birendra,

you are truly one such good person of this country who understand the facts!
      I pray that people who are running behind RE and joining the rat race should also think like you and after that the world will be different.
      Affordable homes to everyone...!

Comment

Originally posted by techieguy_98 View Post
        Looks like you have booked in Samrajya

Neways what is your stance , are you saying people should buy at 6500 or 5500 per sq ft ? Make your stance clear...

As regards to quality, only time will tell the quality ..... Lets take a picture of Samrajya now and in 10 years.... I know few people who stay there..We can get a summary of complaints after 10 years...

Most of the products in India look good the first year, slowly as time passes they start showing their Jalva...

Two points:
        1. The images on brochures or website (so called wide angle view) totally opposite in reality...Take any project...Infact actual photos look horrible than brochure....
        2. Look at any building after 5 years... It looks dusty and rubbish....

Somerajya won't be any different...
        just loved your comments! You are that one guy who has guts!
        I have seen Samrajya project 5 months before. The room size is up-to-mark. Over-hyped project. Construction quality is below standard.
        it does not even deserve to get 3500/- per sq. feet rate.
        (between, my relative owns a apartment with pethkar builders. It's been 5 years now and complaining about water leakage, cracks on the wall issues.
        guys, please think multiples time and do proper homework before buying with pethkar builders. If at all you want to pay such high price like 6500/- per sq. feet choose some big brands like kumar, DSK, paranjpaye builders. still not at 6500/-
        god bless you

Comment

Originally posted by tushart View Post
          Hi Jitu-sir,
          We dont really care if gold becomes 10 times its current value as its not one of our basic needs - most of the times it will be lying in lockers. But if houses become 10 times its current value, it will be very unfortunate for us.
          Dont you think directly or indirectly your builder community is responsible for this price increase?

Even today I stand by my statment that our flats are VFM, Pricing is based on various factors. For e.g. 1 year back gold was 12K and today its 20K, still sales are happening and has not affected its VFM.
          Tushart, my friend
          your Jitu-sir when never have an answer to your question that you asked him
          "Dont you think directly or indirectly your builder community is responsible for this price increase?"

Truly, RE has become out of reach to even highly paid IT people too.
          I am resident of Pune since 29 years now and last couple of years whatever is happening in real estate is seriously bad, unethical, unfair.

the builder and politicians lobby has screwed up the things to the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by amolsw View Post
            I have seen Samrajya project 5 months before. The room size is up-to-mark. Over-hyped project. Construction quality is below standard.
            (between, my relative owns a apartment with pethkar builders. It's been 5 years now and complaining about water leakage, cracks on the wall issues.
            guys, please think multiples time and do proper homework before buying with pethkar builders. If at all you want to pay such high price like 6500/- per sq. feet choose some big brands like kumar, DSK, paranjpaye builders. still not at 6500/-
            god bless you
            Big brands mentioned by you are equally bad in terms of quality. I am saying this after seeing issues in projects of Kumar and Paranjape on Baner Pashan link rd.

Comment

Originally posted by pune_real View Post
              Jitu_sir,

I have been reading your posts and your replies for a long time. I have to appreciate your style of replying to potentially instigating posts. I have never seen you losing your calm and still very cleverly and diplomatically defending all the difficult questions and accusations - without hurting anyone personally or rubbing anyone the wrong way.

There are a lot of business and people handling lessons for us in this.
              pune_real

Jitu_sir needs to be calm because he is in the market to sell.
              there is old saying in Marathi "waeit bolanaryacha sona suddha khapat nahi pan goad bolanaryacha shen pan khapata"
              meaning in english is that the one who loses calm can't even sell gold but the one does not lose calm can even sell *shit*.

I think that summarizes all

Comment

Originally posted by amolsw View Post
                god bless you
                friend the rate is 7k and 6.8k psf for 3 bhk and 6.2k for 2 bhk..check the availability status on their website

what an irony..the user just has to pay 800 psf "extra" for nothing in case of 3 bhk..as same quality, material is used to constructing the flats..

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                  Sure. Very nearby from Chandni Chowk.. just 50 kms away. With a nominal rate of Rs. 4000/- in a pre-launch rate. Rates would go to Rs. 5000/- after it is launched (and would be increased by rs. 100 twice in a week). All the approvals are in pipeline and god willing, would be sought before the construction is finished. Almost all 350 flats are booked barring one on eleventh floor and two on twelfth floor (a separate advertisement has been sent to all the newspapers thanking all those overwhelming responses). Currently there is no water, but permission has been requested from PMC. There is no direct road connectivity to the project, but a "DP road" has been proposed and would be surely there by the time you receive possession (pray well). We are pleased to announce that we will not take any parking charges. We however are planning to charge Rs. 2Lacks as the infrastructure charges. Currently as we are printing the receipts, we can not provide receipts for this expense. IT is booming, US is coming out of recession and people are getting fat bonuses and salary raises. So hurry. Only 3 flats are left.
                  wow, I just loved that response.
                  Jitu_sir
                  do you really have this project coming sooner ? hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                    Here are some of the other benefits you should not forget:
                    1. The only people who can afford the flat are super rich, government officers, other builders, mafia dons, politicians (and political supporters), drug dealers, black marketeers, thugs, robbers and smugglers. Just imagine the wide amount of experience your children would get by being neighbor to such esteemed gentlemen. It could be enjoying seeing your child wandering with the neighboring spoiled brat at 3 AM on some day and seeing him get involved in a very private rave party on some other day. Just imagine how thrilling it would be when all the policemen in the area would personally know you. The things which you have only heard of (mostly due to bollywood): katta, ghoda, teen-patti, khoka, container, you would be an expert in the terminology. Oh the joys of life!
                    2. When you would purchase a flat in such schemes, the only things that would remain with you would probably few clothes and few household things, as you can anyway not afford to buy anything of significant value. This would help you to take your mind away from mortal things and you can concentrate on the most important thing beyond life: moksha. As you would not be able to afford cooking food daily, a significant amount can be saved which you can invest in the cause for fighting with the builder for getting such things corrected as incomplete swimming pool, shoddy finishing, a fairly decent road on which a vehicle can ply etc.
                    3. Your children would be saved from becoming educated-unemployed (due to lack of funds). They would be uneducated-unemployed. The good thing is, they would not leave you in your old age and migrate to USA.
                    4. You will not be able to purchase a bike, let alone a car. So much relief to the Gaia.
                    5. You can safely claim that your flat is now worth 1 crore or 2 crores (as time passes by). You can discuss with your relatives why your flat would get more value than theirs and can enjoy those jealous stares. Unfortunately, you can not enjoy this game with the neighbors as everybody is almost equally rich.
                    6. With water getting accumulated in the society premises (sometimes upto the first floor), snakes, spiders, scorpions etc. would have a yearly visit to your house. You can learn about poisons, self defense, screaming in the lowest possible voice etc etc freely.
                    Blitz,
                    Oh my friend, you really made my day...
                    I am agree with all these benefits.
                    *At least* the brochures of these projects shows that the building is situated in countries like Europe OR america. The project is surrounded by 2 kilometers of greenery with waterfalls and 1000's of trees around.
                    When if comes to reality I see the project is surrounded by nulla or drainage line.
                    specific to pethkar project samrajhya, just outside the building(other side the road) there is nulla. they have build(or whoever has build) a big wall but people there face the issue of mosquito.
                    I doubt, if Europeans or Americans see the brochures they might plan to migrate to India.

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post
                      Dear All,
                      The general rule in all industry is to ask for a price that people are willing to pay.This applies to any kind of industry. Unfortunately we keep pointing at the smaller community for examples builder in this case, however the solution lies in the bigger mass which is the buyers. Unless the buyer’s are educated and understands the details the story will go on and on.

One of the major selling tactics in Pune house industry has been to sell by creating a panic about availability of a preferred flat. For example around 3-4 years ago when I went to check availability in a flat at Comfort Zone (Balewadi), I was told that no garden facing flat available. One of my friend bought a garden facing flat last year. People make their decision fast if they come to know that they will miss on something, it is well researched article and Pune builders use it very well.

Unfortunately, personally I do not see an end to this trend as there will be more people going back from abroad (most of the countries are tightening their visa norms which will ensure that influx of people returning to India is mainteined) and will have available cash to buy in a society that is positioned as “posh”. Remember these folks would have lived in a saving mode while abroad for 5-6 years and in these 5 -6 years have saved good foreign currency and also developed wings to fly. Unless they spend and book in a posh society they would feel that their sacrifices while staying abroad in a savings mode was meaningless.These prople have only 4-5 cities to go back to and Pune is one of them. In addition the other set of people who has black money will continue to thrive, I do not see any radical change in the near vicinity to change that.

Hence builders will always find buyers unless something changes drastically. We can discuss and allow our frustration to flow, but not much will change with the current affair of things.

We have to find an “Alternate” location as a substitute to Pune to bring a reasonable sanity.The alternate location could be something like what Pune was 15 years ago……………………….But is that not the toughest thing to do? And yes for that to happen we will need few Anna RealAcre's or Anna Jitu sir's!!

Cheers,
                      Birendra.
                      each and every word is true.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X