Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post

So in 6 years buildings are degrading... Are you considering this while selling ready possession in L6? Those flats are already 3 years old. The residents haven't used swimming pool even once and may never use it again due to water situation but still will pay hefty for this amenity (which essentially will remain as a giant pothole)
    Dear punerebuyer,
    Nowhere I said buildings are degrading. Every building needs regular checkup & maintenance like our own vehicle. As regards amenities I had clarified this before that they were planned only after completion of all buildings and will open in month of November (including swimming pool)
    I remember when I had checked for flats in 2009, I was told that Samrajya will NEVER have water issues because of blah blah but was never told anything clear like Jitu sir is claiming here. That VAT situation is also pretty demotivating. On one hand Jitu sir says that he will be transparent etc on this forum while flat owners are saying something else altogether.
    Water issue has aroused since February this year, so from that time onwards we started sharing the fact. Its surprising to know that I committed on something which is beyond my control. It's like committing 24hrs uninterrupted electricity in homes. As regards transparency, let it be the discretion of the purchasers.
    Looks like the sad reality is Jitu_sir may have better communication skills but a builder remains a builder... You can't trust them...
    Nice to know that I am better in something rather than nothing. There is still scope to improve. Will try to be more trustworthy in future.
    Last edited by Pethkar Projects; September 10 2012, 12:39 AM.
    Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

Hi Guys,
      Its better to talk face to face than fighting here online. You should be lucky that you have builder whom you can approach and ask about your problems. Try to get radiation suppressor to follow new TRAI guidelines, its cheap. And for others radiation from tower doesn't affect people living below that. Worst affected are people in line of sight from other buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by niteshm View Post
        Hi Guys,
        Its better to talk face to face than fighting here online. You should be lucky that you have builder whom you can approach and ask about your problems.
        Dear niteshm,
        Thanks for your kind words.
        Logical discussion is better than extreme criticism which results into dishonest psychology of builders.
        Last edited by Pethkar Projects; September 10 2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I can say this much :-

Building 600 flats is not a trivial task. It involves a lot of effort and there would be problems here and there. To criticize is very easy. To create something is very difficult.

No builders come and explain in the manner Mr Pethkar has done.

Comment

Dear Jitu Sir,
            Let's take it one by one.

Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
            Dear Ferrari1976,
            It's not mandatory to have SAJ connection. User can opt any other service provider other than BSNL, since we are their franchisee. We have no free calls that's why the rental is 100, Bsnl charges 250 (60 free calls). As regards bsnl broadband plan, then it operates on Saj's copper line for which rental charge is 100. To know the economics you need to compare app.le with app.le. Btw you get that wrong, 600 flats will fetch a revenue of 60,000 through rentals.
            Thanks for point out the calculation mistake. Are you claiming that Samrajya residents (the new phases) can opt for any ISP including Airtel, YouTele? I guess you probably are not aware of your own rules!! Currently there is no choice but to go in with SAJ for Broadband. If a COMBO broadband is bought and it includes free calls per BSNL plan, why are those not allowed? If you are not aware then let me also tell you that beyong 512KbPS, Saj does not offer any internet plan. We have to opt for BSNL plans and pay the bribe to SAJ. What apples are we talking about here? I guess this is pure loot.

There is no connection between forming society and VAT recovery. May be your friend couldn't get my point when I addressed to all representatives.
            OR maybe you are different when you say it here and very different when the doors are closed

Can we have a copy of the same. As far as I know the datewise schedule is already with the committee whereby the completion of amenities is 31st Oct.
            Pl approach your sales team as a "Buyer". You will hear this from them. I had approached n Jan and I had got this information first hand.

Half Truth is worse than a Lie. I have always said that the reports will be shared with the committees, explained and collection shall be done keeping complete transparency. After all everybody is concerned about how much % its works out.
            Collection will be done with all the transparency, what about the calculations?

We have a separate thread on towers. I had explained my stand on the same. To cut short the story, "no signal" complaints have ben addressed by these towers. Moreover recent stories on news channel reveals that using mo.bile phones are more health hazardous than towers. Shall we leave using mo.biles?
            Why can't the people staying in that building have a say in this?

While offline, I do exist on site with same commitment as here online. Don't go on perception, check the reality yourself.
            Appreciate the effort.

Is it untrue that at one point you had restricted which newspaper guy and milkmen can cater to the society needs? This was done so that you can get a cut from them. How do you explain that?

Update: Today we officially carried out election and formed Samrajya L6 Society. I wish your friend have attended it, he would have changed his opinion.
            That is exactly what you want!!! To get away from the responsibility of maintenance without even completing the work!

I agree that online debate will not solve the problems. But it is important that the online community is aware of the hidden clauses in SAMRAJYA.

Comment

Dear Ferrari1976,
              Let us wait till 31st Oct. the picture will be more clear as regards VAT & Amenities.

Comment

Vat

Hello Jitu_Sir,

Few questions regarding VAT on flats purchased between 2006 & 2010:

1) As per guidelines by Sales tax dept of Maharashtra - VAT will be only applicable on construction cost and NOT on Agreement Cost. As per letter sent by Pethkar Projects, seems like we are calculating VAT on "Agreement Cost". Why is that so?

2) As per understanding, VAT will be between 1% to 5% depending upon builder. If builder has bought construction material Legally & not from Black Market, then purchasers will need to pay approximately 1% VAT. In other case, they will need to pay VAT approx 5%. Question is, why innocent purchaser needs to pay hefty amount just because that particular builder has bought material illegally? And, what is the case with Samrajya?

Here is reference articles:

SC verdict brings new formula, lower VAT

VAT on flats may be less than what owners fear - The Times of India

Waiting for your honest and clear (as usual) resposne.

Comment

Originally posted by Manav_2010 View Post
                  Hello Jitu_Sir,

Few questions regarding VAT on flats purchased between 2006 & 2010:

1) As per guidelines by Sales tax dept of Maharashtra - VAT will be only applicable on construction cost and NOT on Agreement Cost. As per letter sent by Pethkar Projects, seems like we are calculating VAT on "Agreement Cost". Why is that so?
                  Dear Manav_2010,
                  The trade circular gives us 3 methods to evaluate the VAT liability taking into consideration taxable agreement costs, set off on VAT paid bills, labour costs & land costs. This liability is then calculated in percentage of the agreement cost so that the purchaser gets an idea as to how much his liability works out.
                  Originally posted by Manav_2010 View Post
                  2) As per understanding, VAT will be between 1% to 5% depending upon builder. If builder has bought construction material Legally & not from Black Market, then purchasers will need to pay approximately 1% VAT. In other case, they will need to pay VAT approx 5%. Question is, why innocent purchaser needs to pay hefty amount just because that particular builder has bought material illegally? And, what is the case with Samrajya?
                  Waiting for your honest and clear (as usual) resposne.
                  This VAT liability is based on various factors like VAT Bills, Land costs, Labour bills which are on records. Every builder has different data and hence his VAT liability will not be necessarily same as others. Also this VAT liability depends on the way he has carried out his business and kept all records. As regards Samrajya then be rest assured, we had followed the legal way.

Comment

Originally posted by msp1976 View Post
                    I can say this much :-

Building 600 flats is not a trivial task. It involves a lot of effort and there would be problems here and there. To criticize is very easy. To create something is very difficult.

No builders come and explain in the manner Mr Pethkar has done.
                    I agree. Mr Pethkar has done a great job here on this forum. Everything has two sides and as buyers we are always going to be suspicious of builders. Builders are in this business to make money and would want better returns on their investments just like all of us.

Mr Pethkar, we may write many things against you and we may vent our pentup anger of unaffordable RE on you. But please understand that you have respect of many of us for showing the courage and restraint of explaining yourself on this forum. In this age of information, you have done a great job in explaining many things.

I am sure your action will payoff well in your ventures and you will earn trust of your clients. More often than not earning money is easy than earning respect and you are well on your way to earn both. I also hope that you don't give up writing despite all the attacks and come out as a trustworthy human.

Good job and thanks a lot for your efforts.
                    Last edited by NG2012; September 11 2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

So will Pethkar Builders be charging VAT on 5% of agreement value or they will be charging 1% on construction cost, assuming all materials such as cement, steel, have been purchased with VAT bill?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X