Hi folks,

As I earlier mentioned I am going to visit Pethkar - Samrajya today. I am finalizing a 2bhk unit there. The last rate quoted was Rs. 4200. Lets see how much they reduce the price today. If anyone has more info on this project/builder then kindly share. :D
Read more
2760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Jitu,

I have some questions to you:-

Why not construct a high rise in real sense (20 floors+) & keep more land open?
      If you had been a buyer, in case of 9-11 floor building, which floor would you have bought & why?
      In Samrajya, which is your favourite building?
      Any plans to launch 1BHK as well premium flats in coming phases i.e. mix combination of all?

Dear realacres,

to go for highrise you need to purchase TDR as such number of floors cannot be done just under FSI. today rates of TDR are almost 2500 psft (pakka) and 1500 (kacchha-which take almost 1 yr to make pakka). this hige cost of TDR restricts us, but we are seriously thinking to go for 20+ in our PH3.
        10th floor to get good light, ventilation. 11th only if there are solar panels on top terrace above my flat.
        K & L wing for being east-west, good layout of floor plan and lobby.
        no plans of 1BHK as there are less enquiries.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    Dear realacres,

to go for highrise you need to purchase TDR as such number of floors cannot be done just under FSI. today rates of TDR are almost 2500 psft (pakka) and 1500 (kacchha-which take almost 1 yr to make pakka). this hige cost of TDR restricts us, but we are seriously thinking to go for 20+ in our PH3.
      Well Jitu, why do you require TDR? You can have just 1 building in place of 2-3. You can use the FSI of the plot as you said you are doing right now.

Btw, will 20+ floors in ph3 will have good infra? Man, what will happen to water & roads in such case?
      Well Jitu, why do you require TDR? You can have just 1 building in place of 2-3. You can use the FSI of the plot as you said you are doing right now.

Btw, will 20+ floors in ph3 will have good infra? Man, what will happen to water & roads in such case?

CommentQuote
  • Ash, Another example on your note: I had visited Comfort zone site in Balewadi 2 years ago and they said all garden facing flats are sold off........Guess what after almost 2 years I haeard some one was shown garden facing flat :-)

Realacre, About High rise there are different town planning rules depending on your area PMC,PCMC, Gram Panchayat etc. If the plan is sanctioned under Township scheme like BR, MagarPatta etc then one can go much higher then normal cases.

Jitu sir, One question for you. I heard that Credai(PBAP) has decided that now on all the members will charge 100% for terrace/Balcony and the reason told to me was that now PMC is counting balconys as full FSI. Do you not think this move will make buying house even more difficult. Is it justified in the current market and economic juncture.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    Jitu sir, One question for you. I heard that Credai(PBAP) has decided that now on all the members will charge 100% for terrace/Balcony and the reason told to me was that now PMC is counting balconys as full FSI. Do you not think this move will make buying house even more difficult. Is it justified in the current market and economic juncture.

Cheers,
    Birendra.

This will mean there will be hardly spacious balconies now. If the FSI issue is true, it is something which has 50-50 impact. Jitu, I am very much eager to hear from you on this regard.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    two of my posts were blocked by admin. dont know why..

one was about Samrajya making changes in I wing bathrooms and dry balcony layouts without informing buyers. The latter has made the passage really narrow. (Especially when builders had told that absolutely no modifications requests will be entertained.. :))

hope this one makes through...

Dear punerebuyer,
    i had previously clarified this point. please go thr

]http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/pune/t-samrajya-kothrud-5748/page34.html

Note: there is no reduction in passage width. only the alighment of common basin has been changed which has resulted for the resident to stand in passage to use basin counter.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra

Cheers,
    Birendra.

Dear Birendra,
    Thats true. PMC is now charging full on terrace/ Balcony. that was the reason why PBAP has issued a circular saying that terraces can now be charged 100%.
    i do believe that this move along with some other factors like price corrections, revision in ready recknor rates will affect RE sales upto certain extent.

Originally Posted by realacres
    This will mean there will be hardly spacious balconies now. If the FSI issue is true, it is something which has 50-50 impact. Jitu, I am very much eager to hear from you on this regard.

Dear realacres,
    you are right. i think builders will tend to reduce the size of terraces/ balconies as seen in Mumbai inorder to increase the carpet area.
    CommentQuote
  • It is good that terraces and balconies are being charged as 100% FSI. Earlier builder used to consume 100% FSI in the rooms and then build terraces extra to sell to buyer. Buyer HAS to buy the extra terrace if he wants the flat.
    This results in some extra profits to the builder without doing anything :D

Now terraces and balconies will simply disappear since 100% FSI was already being consumed inside the rooms.

So flats should become CHEAPER and more spacious since buyer no longer has to pay extra for a terrace which is built in free hawa (space) by the builder.

Who uses the terrace daily anyway.
    CommentQuote

Dear realacres,
    We are planning to develop better DP roads in and around Ph3 as we have did it for Samrajya. there is an existing 6" water pipeline which runs along the edge of DP road with sufficient supply through the day. moreover PMC has a pumping station just at corner of samrajya which ensures good pressure.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Jitu,
    Maybe this can be something you can use for rain water harvesting ...
    http://rainwaterhog.com/
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    Hi Jitu,
    Maybe this can be something you can use for rain water harvesting ...
    ]http://rainwaterhog.com/

Dear abeer,
    this is really a nice piece of information. the availability and feasilbilty of these HOG tanks needs to be checked in India.

what we have done here in samrajya is we had provided 3 underground tanks at different locations as per the contour of the plot where there is maximum chances of water collection from roads via gutters. all individual terraces and top terraces downtake lines are ducted to these tanks. a boring has been done in these tanks to percolate water beneath the ground level to increase water table in surrounding areas. excess water stored in the tank can be used for gardening etc.

Dear abeer,
    this is really a nice piece of information. the availability and feasilbilty of these HOG tanks needs to be checked in India.

what we have done here in samrajya is we had provided 3 underground tanks at different locations as per the contour of the plot where there is maximum chances of water collection from roads via gutters. all individual terraces and top terraces downtake lines are ducted to these tanks. a boring has been done in these tanks to percolate water beneath the ground level to increase water table in surrounding areas. excess water stored in the tank can be used for gardening etc.

Dear abeer,

Dear abeer,

CommentQuote
    Who uses the terrace daily anyway.

Man, I need to go there when the cell fone network jams. Btw, some use it to dry clothes too. However, I have seen some projects where terrace area used to be almost half that of carpet area resulting in more salable area but with less carpet area.

Now atleast the balconies will be in some ratio with the carpet area. Good. However, this 100% FSI for terraces will be for new projects, then how will PBAP charge 100% on existing projects?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Jitu sir, Thank you for the clarification. It is really helpful to have you in the forum.

Abeer, We have difference of opinion foor use of terrace/Balcony. In my house it is one of the most commonly used space (perticularly by kids.....and even by myself and mywife to keep an eye on kids once they play in garden as balcony is garden facing). It is used for many other purposes as well and I can not imagine the same life if size reduces drastically. However things will change with time and we learn to live with those changes.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry for my last sentence about not using terraces.
    But look at the financial side: A couple of terraces / balconies is approx 80 sq ft. This 80 sq ft was NOT in FSI earlier at all. Total free space to the builder. He did not pay the landowner for the 80 sq ft, nor did he buy TDR for it.
    Construction cost of terrace is negligible.

But still you paid 80 * 3000 = Rs. 2,40,000 for that terrace, which you dont have to pay. The builder has already used 100% FSI in constructing rooms, so no terrace.
    So you save direct Rs. 2,40,000. If builder wants to give you FSI now, he has to reduce the rooms by 80 sq ft. Which builder is going to do that?

Terraces are useful from a family, architecture point of view. But the way they were being sold, without being a part of FSI, that way was ridiculous.
    CommentQuote
    Man, I need to go there when the cell fone network jams. Btw, some use it to dry clothes too.

Dear realacres,
    This is a major issue in many schemes for network problem. needs to be sorted by cellular operators.
    My past experiece is in pune people prefer to have decent size terrace for their flat. moreover they are also keen to have more number of terraces attached with various rooms like living, kitchen & bedroom. may be here people want more openness for their flats as against what we see in mumbai where people stay indoors. may be the reason behind it is the trend set by builders in mumbai for their commercial aspect linked for the same.

Originally Posted by birendra
    Dear Jitu sir, Thank you for the clarification. It is really helpful to have you in the forum.

Abeer, We have difference of opinion foor use of terrace/Balcony. In my house it is one of the most commonly used space (perticularly by kids.....and even by myself and mywife to keep an eye on kids once they play in garden as balcony is garden facing). It is used for many other purposes as well and I can not imagine the same life if size reduces drastically. However things will change with time and we learn to live with those changes.

Cheers,
    Birendra.

Dear birendra, abeer.
    its upto everyones individual choice depending upon view from terrace, size of terrace etc about having terraces for their flat. as per the popular quote व्यक्ति तितक्या प्रक्रुती
    some like it some dont ....
    CommentQuote
    But the way they were being sold, without being a part of FSI, that way was ridiculous.

Agree with you here. According to MOFA, terraces should be charged 30% only, while PBAP min charges were 50% doing nothing. As said before many builders deliberately used to construct more terrace vis a vis carpet area just to increase the salable area & now this will stop:).

However, what makes me wonder is the shamelessly charging of even top terrace for a row house which in actual is nothing but the roof/ceiling of it, yet 30-50% area used to be charged.

Don't know what will now happen to penthouses now where terrace area constitues a major part of the area of the flat (hey, not the penthouse mag:D).
    CommentQuote