Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by razer View Post
    Very well said.

There is no right price or wrong price, but only what you're willing to pay. If you're not willing to pay that rate, then just don't.

Whining, crying, moaning and groaning about it is only going to further increase your frustration.
    Agree 100%, dont like the price dont buy, I am sure every one does that, but please answer below questions:

1) Does this mean that we should not discuss the price?
    2) What better place, than this forum, can be to discuss RE prices?

I believe this discussion can benefit others who are confused about, if price is right or wrong.

Comment

Price

I again say that these arguments about price being right hold true in if the environment is not monopolistic. Its easy to say that buyers are best judge and if they think price is not right they should not buy, and if they are buying then prices are right.

Thats flawed explanation. This is because the situation is like cartel where all available options are having inflated prices. So there is no other choice. Thats the basic trouble with buyers currently. So even if prices are not right, they can get buyers.

But this can not go on and on endlessly and eventually equilibrium returns to market as result of piling inventories and losing holding power.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post
        Agree 100%, dont like the price dont buy, I am sure every one does that, but please answer below questions:

I believe this discussion can benefit others who are confused about, if price is right or wrong.
        We should most certainly discuss the price. This forum is a great platform, and for that I thank the ghostly admin-moderator.

But badgering on-and-on about the price, when half the folks who are posting here aren't interested in the actual project? Seems a bit of "chalo ek builder mila, jaldi apna haath saaf kar lete hain"

Regardless of this builder's pricing, claims, and actual delivery, I think he has conducted himself in the most dignified way. Diametrically opposite to the other builder-director (her name I forget).

Comment

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post
          Bingo..I was always this that if somebody dont like the price then dont buy..Simple Isn't it???
          True.....As discussed earlier, we,the buyers, should be wise enough to check the prices and keep them in control. Builders will continue to make profits if we buy at exorbitant rates.Builders are definitely not here for charity like any businessmen do. I lived on rent for more than 4 years in BOOM time for RE and never bothered about NOT OWNING the house.When the price correction happened, I purchased my property.Still, I don't think prices touching 5K mark in Kothrud is justifiable. Vascon & Marvel quoting 4k in a place called Kharadi /Balewadi. Buyers should not buy unless they check & arrive at a correct price.For this to happen, more awareness initiatives like ITWAP or Buyer's association with civic bodies need to happen. Common people should decide & drive the prices otherwise these builders in association with PBAP & politicos will cut you thr' pieces.

If you don't think the price is correct, DO NOT BUY and set a trend.Thats it !

Comment

Originally posted by harishkulks View Post
            True.....As discussed earlier, we,the buyers, should be wise enough to check the prices and keep them in control. Builders will continue to make profits if we buy at exorbitant rates.Builders are definitely not here for charity like any businessmen do. I lived on rent for more than 4 years in BOOM time for RE and never bothered about NOT OWNING the house.When the price correction happened, I purchased my property.Still, I don't think prices touching 5K mark in Kothrud is justifiable. Vascon & Marvel quoting 4k in a place called Kharadi /Balewadi. Buyers should not buy unless they check & arrive at a correct price.For this to happen, more awareness initiatives like ITWAP or Buyer's association with civic bodies need to happen. Common people should decide & drive the prices otherwise these builders in association with PBAP & politicos will cut you thr' pieces.

If you don't think the price is correct, DO NOT BUY and set a trend.Thats it !
            Agreed!

You know the guys in Kharadi (Marvel and EON) have stuck to their prices for close to a year now. That's some holding power dude. All because it's riverfront property!

Sounds so cool when you read it, try visiting the place and checking the actual river out. It's as Indian as a river can get.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post

Sure but not in this thread.There are so many threads that discuss about price and other issue.Can we please restricy to Samrajya here
              Last edited by kothrud_pune; January 13 2010, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by razer View Post
                We should most certainly discuss the price. This forum is a great platform, and for that I thank the ghostly admin-moderator.

But badgering on-and-on about the price, when half the folks who are posting here aren't interested in the actual project? Seems a bit of "chalo ek builder mila, jaldi apna haath saaf kar lete hain"

Regardless of this builder's pricing, claims, and actual delivery, I think he has conducted himself in the most dignified way. Diametrically opposite to the other builder-director (her name I forget).
                I dont think we are behaving badly with Jitu ... (Jitu please confirm??). Chalo ek builder mila ... is certainly not the tone of this discussion.

But this is a heated discussion because Jitu feels his price is right, we feel our price is right. I guess you have never bargained in Tulsibaug, so you dont understand that both parties enjoy it.

This forum helps to raise awareness about various things in real estate, one of them is price. I got a lot of awareness of how builders price their projects from this discussion, which would never have taken place without Jitu.

Comment

Originally posted by abeerbagul View Post
                  I dont think we are behaving badly with Jitu ... (Jitu please confirm??). Chalo ek builder mila ... is certainly not the tone of this discussion.

But this is a heated discussion because Jitu feels his price is right, we feel our price is right. I guess you have never bargained in Tulsibaug, so you dont understand that both parties enjoy it.

This forum helps to raise awareness about various things in real estate, one of them is price. I got a lot of awareness of how builders price their projects from this discussion, which would never have taken place without Jitu.
                  Fair enough, point taken.

But are you actually looking to book here? If yes, then go ahead and haggle the living kothrud out of him.

Comment

I am not going to book in Samrajya, for the simple reason that I will never be able to afford it.
                    70L for a 2 bhk? Might as well buy a condominium in Santa Clara for $200k and rent it out for $1500 per month.

For a condo in Santa Clara, downpayment will be 20% (i.e. 40k) i.e. 20L. EMI for 160k will be approx 1k, add HOA fees, property taxes, take it to 1.5k, I can still own the property without a single paisa in EMI. But I dont have 20L downpayment either for Kothrud or for Santa Clara. I dont even have 10L downpayment!!

My budget is max 35L for a 2 bhk in Kothrud, am committed to Kothrud for personal and family reasons. The main point is, other builders will point to Samrajya, say "Ours is better" and ask for 70L.

Then what to do? Cannot increase the budget because salary is finite Builders think that IT people budgets start above 50L, which is definitely not the case with most friends I know.
                    Last edited by abeerbagul; January 12 2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Cannot agree more with Abeer !!
                      I am closely monitoring these threads and I am in UK for the last one year and I am saving every bit I can, but still I cannot even imagine to buy a flat in Samrajya !!
                      Salary is finite but the rates are beyond what I can manage !!
                      So I guess its not for me and people like me !!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X