Last updated: May 1 2015
2792 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Samrajya, Pethkar Builders, Kothrud, Pune

Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
    Dear realacres,
    I am lecturer first and builder later. Lecturer now is a subject of interest of mine while owning a Merc is through my profession.
    I always say that having a flat in Samrajya is VFM in comparison to other projects nearby.
    Civil engg? If not, what do you teach? Even if it is non-RE, we would like to learn.

Btw, why do you prefer Merc over BMW? (well this is the same silly question I put to people owning either of the 2). Personally, I prefer Merc.
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitu_Sir View Post
      Dear realacres,
      I always say that having a flat in Samrajya is VFM in comparison to other projects nearby.
      because this is your product, you have decided the price and now you want to sell it. Arguing party loses its credibility when there is a conflict of interest, especially when the interest is economic...

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
        Civil engg? If not, what do you teach? Even if it is non-RE, we would like to learn.
        Dear realacres,
        I have done Mechanical Engg. As mentioned earlier my interest was always Engg. Graphics - 1st yr Engg subject.

Btw, why do you prefer Merc over BMW? (well this is the same silly question I put to people owning either of the 2). Personally, I prefer Merc.
        This is really tough. both r german brands. Perhaps the level of change in perception which Merc offers is slightly more than BMW.
        Last edited by Pethkar Projects; February 2 2010, 11:45 PM.
        Jitendra Pethkar | Pethkar Projects

Comment

Jitu sir, I would say Merc is a much needed choice because safety standards follwed are much better in Merc. Any way to drive in Pune you need special safety features hence Merc will score higher:-)

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post
            Jitu sir, I would say Merc is a much needed choice because safety standards follwed are much better in Merc. Any way to drive in Pune you need special safety features hence Merc will score higher:-)
            Dear birendra,
            I completely agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by birendra View Post
              Merc beats BMW even on NVH factor (Noise Vibration Harshness). Drive a BMW at speeds over 120km/hr & you can hear the tyre noise inside. Even if there is a bump, you get that thud sound inside. In Merc it is absolutely silent, not to mention safety features like pre-safe & driver alert mechanism in Merc. After Merc, 2nd come Audi & then BMW.

Btw, BMW means Break My Wallet. BMW is more like American GF while Merc is Indian wife.

Comment

Merc beats BMW even on NVH factor (Noise Vibration Harshness). Drive a BMW at speeds over 120km/hr & you can hear the tyre noise inside. Even if there is a bump, you get that thud sound inside. In Merc it is absolutely silent, not to mention safety features like pre-safe & driver alert mechanism in Merc. After Merc, 2nd come Audi & then BMW.

Btw, BMW means Break My Wallet. BMW is more like American GF while Merc is Indian wife.
                Dear realacres,
                As to how many streams you work upon. It seems you are 'Jack of all trades.....Master too' . you are a encyclopedia in yourself. its appreciable.

Comment

Nagpur...

Nagpur road and infrastructure is the best available in entire maharashtra...thanx to that guy chandrasekhar who transformed it from a slum to mansion...
                  realacres...RE is nagpur doesnt come cheap...in 2006 i got one flat for 14L and that costs now at 32L...even the MIHAN SEZ now commands a rate of 2900 psf when the same is about 30 kms from nagpur (Zero mile stone)...Still on the amenities part in society, nagpur gets "a full zero"..nothing but only parking...perhaps one need to ponder as to whether you really require the amphitheatre, swimming pool, clubhouse, gym , etc etc when these are readily availble at stone throw distance...
                  jitu sir...i am also an engineer.10yrs experience....pls guide me to the college post...if not a merc or bmw i would be satisifeid with even an audi or lexus...

Comment

Thanks Jitu.
                    Originally posted by infernos View Post
                    Nagpur road and infrastructure is the best available in entire maharashtra...thanx to that guy chandrasekhar who transformed it from a slum to mansion...
                    realacres...RE is nagpur doesnt come cheap...in 2006 i got one flat for 14L and that costs now at 32L...even the MIHAN SEZ now commands a rate of 2900 psf when the same is about 30 kms from nagpur (Zero mile stone)...Still on the amenities part in society, nagpur gets "a full zero"..nothing but only parking...perhaps one need to ponder as to whether you really require the amphitheatre, swimming pool, clubhouse, gym , etc etc when these are readily availble at stone throw distance...
                    jitu sir...i am also an engineer.10yrs experience....pls guide me to the college post...if not a merc or bmw i would be satisifeid with even an audi or lexus...
                    Man, many relatives of mine live in Nagpur, mostly in Shivaji Nagar & 1 in civil lines. The fact remains that Nagpur still remains VFM vis-a-vis Pune. When Chandrashekhar headed NMC, Vilas Muttemwar (sitting Cong MP) & Nitin Gadkari (BJP Prez) gave him free hand. Know this very well, first hand info. However, from Nagpur he was going to be transfered to Pune, BJP wanted it but NCP (dada Pawar) opposed. Was later sent to Mumbai Annexe & then headed MHADA & SRA in Mumbai. Had put in papers when builder lobby of Mumbai worked hard against him as he was very strict & didn't sided with the builders.

Anyways, in Nagpur his modus operandi was simple:-

For encrochment drives, he used to ask for laborers & JCBs on Fri night & used to give order for demolitions on Sat early morning. Used to switch off his fone & used to go out of city & return only on Mon morning. Sat & Sun being court holidays, no one could get a stay on demolition. He was indeed a very dedicated fellow plus he also had the additional advantage of being son-in law of late PM Narsimha Rao.

* MIHAN as of now is almost stalled. The RE rates in Nagpur will rise if separate state of Vidarbha is formed.

Comment

This thread is not on Nagpur still I will add one more post on it.

Since I studied out of Nagpur I had a soft corner for it and quite unhappy with the Pune traffic I stated evaluating Nagpur as an alternate location in next 2-4 years time frame. I visited Nagpur couple of times in last 6-8 months. Here are my observation:
                      • I was shocked to see prices of vegetables to be more then Pune
                      • Went to a ok Restaurant with no open garden etc with my relatives and found that the rates are more thn what we pay in a place like Green Park in Baner
                      • Moved around MIHAN, looked at the status and realized that we can get land at a cost lower near Hinjewadi. Though there is nothing in the 15 kilometer vicinity apart from Jungle still in Nagpur the rates asked was 350-600 per sq for land
                      • Comparing directly I felt the status of that area is same as what we had 6-8 years ago near Hijewadi but the rate that time was 35-50 rupees per sq feet
                      • People from all over India has invested specially around 2005-2006 after the prices went high in most of the cities around that time. People thought that it will be Nagpur’s turn to multiply our money, hence everyone just went for it
                      • We all know that summer is harsh in Nagpur
                      • Infrastructure/road I found good and all knows that connectivity to rest of India is good
                      • There are many Engg colleges as they used to be…………many new have come up new as well
                      It’s ultimately a personal choice but for me I buried thought of shifting to Nagpur during my last visit as cost wise I felt it is more then Pune (comparing to )even though most of the things are in paper (proposed)

Cheers,
                      Birendra.
                      Last edited by birendra; February 3 2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X