Hi folks,

As I earlier mentioned I am going to visit Pethkar - Samrajya today. I am finalizing a 2bhk unit there. The last rate quoted was Rs. 4200. Lets see how much they reduce the price today. If anyone has more info on this project/builder then kindly share. :D
Read more
2760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    i have nothing against Jitu... i liked his project and sample flat but felt it was overpriced when they were quoting 4500 last year. (current rate is 5500). My stand hasn't changed since then...

Dear punerebuyer,
    Its nice to see that you appreciate our project though we have different opinions as regards price factor.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maheshk2k
    I knew that I won't get the answer. I would have been shocked if he had provided fact.
    I just wanted to highlight most important issue due to which real estate in India as whole gone out of control of each and every stakeholder, including enduser as well as builder.

The issue is : Lack of transperancy or availability of actual data.
    This is single most reason why real estate prices are out of reach for every target buyer today.

Dear mahesh,
    As these retained units are not for sale we dont disclose their unit numbers as there is no specific time frame for giving possessions of these units. We keep decent level of transperancy in our transactions right from booking till possession. We have no intention to hide availability data hence we openly provide it on our website.
    I agree with you that real estate prices are rising for the sole reason that land prices are touching new highs everyday.
    Originally Posted by maheshk2k
    Any ways, I liked the prudence by Jitu. He at least didn't lie like other scorpio crooks who roam around as builders.

Thanks for your kind words.
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry sir. You are misquoting me. :)
    I didn't say that real estate prices are rising because of land prices.
    Reasons are different.
    ;)
    Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    I agree with you that real estate prices are rising for the sole reason that land prices are touching new highs everyday.

Thanks for your kind words.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir

The Samrajya land belongs to your ancestors,still the rate is very high at 5500 psft. Its hard to believe that land price is the sole reason behind price rise!! :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit3011
    The Samrajya land belongs to your ancestors,still the rate is very high at 5500 psft. Its hard to believe that land price is the sole reason behind price rise!! :)

Dear amit,
    Majority of projects are done on JV basis where the land belongs to some farmer which comes from his ancestors. As already mentioned before there are priceless efforts behind retaining the land and hence we have to consider todays market value of the land.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maheshk2k
    Sorry sir. You are misquoting me. :)
    I didn't say that real estate prices are rising because of land prices.
    Reasons are different.
    ;)

I mean to say that i agree with your statement that RE prices are rising. In my opinion this escalation is because of increasing land prices.
    CommentQuote
    I mean to say that i agree with your statement that RE prices are rising. In my opinion this escalation is because of increasing land prices.

prices can come down if FSI is increased from 1 to 2.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harishkulks
    This is a discussion forum where people talk about positive and negative sides of a particular project as well as some economical predictions.So,as followers of this forum, we should only get positive points and refrain from negative points in RE.It is good that a healthy discussion happens between buyers and builders

Dear harish,
    I agree with you that there has to be healthy discussion between the builder and the buyer and one needs to emphasize more on positives rather than negatives. I know that there will always be an argument on cost factor but one must also give weightage to quality & committment rendered by us. There has been hardly any discussion on detailing, workmanship and methods employed in our construction work.
    Originally Posted by harishkulks

However, 5500 rate at Kothrud/4500 rate at Kharadi etc shows poor & overhyped state of Pune RE which is out of control for many genuine buyers.

The rates in Samrajya are 5000 psft (inclusive of parking). 5500 psft is for few ready possession units.
    CommentQuote
    Dear harish,
    I agree with you that there has to be healthy discussion between the builder and the buyer and one needs to emphasize more on positives rather than negatives. I know that there will always be an argument on cost factor but one must also give weightage to quality & committment rendered by us.

Harping again and again on same words like 'Quality and Commitment' does not justify high prices and does not result in camouflaging the true value of the product that you sell.

You should sometimes dare to say "We are costly and we would remain so since we are still being bought ....We don’t care what others say".

That would be the true meaning of truthfulness and sincerity ...:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by enduser
    You should sometimes dare to say "We are costly and we would remain so since we are still being bought ....We don’t care what others say".

Dear enduser,
    I had mentioned this many times that our product comes for a price tag and still we have decent number of conversions. We have different ways to look at it.
    Originally Posted by enduser
    We don’t care what others say".

That would be the true meaning of truthfulness and sincerity ...:D

This reflects arrogance and would make everything meaningless.
    CommentQuote
    Dear punerebuyer,
    Its nice to see that you appreciate our project though we have different opinions as regards price factor.

no problem... there was never a question raised by me on the quality aspects..

some of my comments may have been taken in a wrong sense but all i mean is, someone who is aware of this thread can ask so many questions to any builder they approach. I am not promoting this thread to spread message against Samrajya but to generate awareness in terms of asking relevant questions to any builder
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer

some of my comments may have been taken in a wrong sense but all i mean is, someone who is aware of this thread can ask so many questions to any builder they approach.

Dear punerebuyer,
    If this thread could help buyers to make their own questionnaire then that would really prove a great help for buyers.
    Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    I am not promoting this thread to spread message against Samrajya but to generate awareness in terms of asking relevant questions to any builder

Rightly said, that is the sole purpose of this discussion.
    CommentQuote
    Dear harish,
    I agree with you that there has to be healthy discussion between the builder and the buyer and one needs to emphasize more on positives rather than negatives. I know that there will always be an argument on cost factor but one must also give weightage to quality & committment rendered by us. There has been hardly any discussion on detailing, workmanship and methods employed in our construction work.

Jitu_Sir:

Since you touched upon points like quality and committment let me brush a few points along the lines of "transparency", which I feel the whoel RE market lacks across the board all builders.

1> I always felt builders are non transparent in their advertisements. Most of the times while launching a project marketing material tend to include either non-sanctioned building plans or tend to include land on which no development approval/commencement certificate is gotten. Many times that purported land does not even belong to the builders. Many times buliding plan is sanctioned only till 7th/9th floor, but bookings are still taken for 10th/11th and above floors. I know even so called reputed builders do it.

2> Sales brouchers include the list and nature of amenities, but which differ from what is actually installed, differ means usually lesser in quality and cheap in price. Specifications of amenities like color/bathroom fittings is usually superficial and cursory such as "Premium bathroom fittings", "Premium plastic paint", "vitrified tiles" etc. No mention of make and any such details. Many such things can be highlighted.

3> Why is that, builders reserve unilateral rights to change/modifiy/ project layout/ floor plan, nature and extent of amenities. Frankly I would feel *cheated* if actualy layouts/floor plans/amenities are different than what I had booked my flat with. Why is not mandatory for builders/developers to adhere to the plan/layout and other project specitication with which they enter into sale agreement with consumers.

4> *Agreement for sale* document is the atrocious piece of legal document that I have came across so far. I would not like to elaborate how lop sided that document is from the point of view and interest of builder, as that would require separate thread. But most builders/developers would not modify that document and make it a fair legal document.

I feel that Real Estate sector is enjoying free ride without any administrative oversight and really effective consumer protection. Even relatively new market sector like telecom has TDSAT for effective dispute resolution and TRAI for market regulation. It is high time RE sector had something like these.

Appreciate if you could share your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Sameer in our construction work.

Jitu_Sir:

Since you touched upon points like quality and committment let me brush a few points along the lines of "transparency", which I feel the whoel RE market lacks across the board all builders.

1> I always felt builders are non transparent in their advertisements. Most of the times while launching a project marketing material tend to include either non-sanctioned building plans or tend to include land on which no development approval/commencement certificate is gotten. Many times that purported land does not even belong to the builders. Many times buliding plan is sanctioned only till 7th/9th floor, but bookings are still taken for 10th/11th and above floors. I know even so called reputed builders do it.

2> Sales brouchers include the list and nature of amenities, but which differ from what is actually installed, differ means usually lesser in quality and cheap in price. Specifications of amenities like color/bathroom fittings is usually superficial and cursory such as "Premium bathroom fittings", "Premium plastic paint", "vitrified tiles" etc. No mention of make and any such details. Many such things can be highlighted.

3> Why is that, builders reserve unilateral rights to change/modifiy/ project layout/ floor plan, nature and extent of amenities. Frankly I would feel *cheated* if actualy layouts/floor plans/amenities are different than what I had booked my flat with. Why is not mandatory for builders/developers to adhere to the plan/layout and other project specitication with which they enter into sale agreement with consumers.

4> *Agreement for sale* document is the atrocious piece of legal document that I have came across so far. I would not like to elaborate how lop sided that document is from the point of view and interest of builder, as that would require separate thread. But most builders/developers would not modify that document and make it a fair legal document.

I feel that Real Estate sector is enjoying free ride without any administrative oversight and really effective consumer protection. Even relatively new market sector like telecom has TDSAT for effective dispute resolution and TRAI for market regulation. It is high time RE sector had something like these.

Appreciate if you could share your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Sameer
    CommentQuote
  • To
    PBAP

the concrete you waste in giving stylish designs(most of the roof and unnecessary beams for looks) .... why don't you use that concrete in increasing the carpet area..... to cut cost you have done so Right ?

why don't you cut cost in Pomp and Show ? do less ads. ... complete a project in less time unlike
    Raviraj groups Fortaliza .....
    He is blocking money and sale on future profits ....
    Is That's how all FMCG companies function or for that matter MacDonalds.... ?
    They understands the users changing needs ....

Give good product at right price and your project will sell like hot cakes ...

gradually the carpet area for a bed room is going from 16x12 to 8x10 ... maybe to 6x8 .....
    why when all facilities are improving ... 20 years back there were no swimming pool club etc .... now all new projects have that .... the designs are stylish ..... but the REAL place to live in is squeezing ....

Soon are you starting dormitory system ? six families living a single dorm ?
    and acre of club and pool ? all six families watching TV in Club together
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar

Dear Sameer,
    I will prefer to comment on practices we follow:
    1. If you had seen our ads, we put the things as it is and do not make it illusionary.
    2. We believe in WYSIWYG. There is no difference in Sample Flat and Actual flat.
    3. Over the period of construction there are always chances that some changes need to be made in building plan or total layout. Sometimes these are made mandatory by sanctioning authorities while sometimes they are required for smooth functioning of services. layout changes are mostly done to go high rise leaving greater open space. But I agree that if there are any changes in saleable area then that should be well accounted for.
    4. Agreement to sale should safe guard interests buyer as well as builders. No doubt its biased but till it keeps the buyers interest intact there shouldnt be any concern.
    Regulatory body over RE could be a better solution to make the entire process smooth and transperant.
    CommentQuote