Hi folks,

As I earlier mentioned I am going to visit Pethkar - Samrajya today. I am finalizing a 2bhk unit there. The last rate quoted was Rs. 4200. Lets see how much they reduce the price today. If anyone has more info on this project/builder then kindly share. :D
Read more
2760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by veeemkay

Please take this as a sincere request. Pls mention or PM me the company names who got 2-3 times the salary increase. I do not mind becoming a Prof as well so kindly send me the names of colleges who pay as much to a prof. I am not trying to be sarcastic but would love to apply to such places after all I need to make some money to pay to the builders.

Here are the revised pay scales of college proffers after 6th Pay commision:

A. POSTS SPECIFIC TO UNIVERSITIES
    CATEGORY EXISTING PAY SCALE NEW PAY BAND GRADE PAY

Professor
    16400-450-20900-500-22400 37400 - 67000 11000

Senior Professor
    37400 - 67000 12000
    New Post Proposed

source: ="http://www.ugc.ac.in/more/pressnote.pdf"]www.ugc.ac.in/more/pressnote.pdf (and these scales effective from oct.2008)

So, if you take Basic pay as 67000 +30% HRA+ 12000 (Grade Pay)+ Plus other allowances (which usually govt servant gets).....

Thats makes it more than 1 lacs a month.....So, now do you wanna become professor:D:D:D

Someone has really made you dance to the 50% tune. I think you did not believe in this theory right from the start. In that case you should have bought your apartment at the point when rates had corrected by 15-20%. Personally I always take decision based on what I feel and not what other feel.

I dont Dance anybody's Tune, as you ppls helping ppls here by advocating 50% correction theory, I am also helping ppls here to think positive & think PRACTICAL....

As, many of us here seen that whenever price gone down by 10-20% in recent past, ppls started buying (sp, buying return at every 10-20% drop in RE prices across india & you can not help it,ppls who are sitting with cash or plans to buy their dream home, buy at those levels)...So, I think to wait for 50% correction is not Practical, what I feel...And I am not forcing anybody to feel the same what I feel...But some practical ppls here must feel the same what I feel:):):)

And for god sake dont think that I am supporting builders here or RE prices here(I also feel that All builders are bloodsucking Animal)....But its Market dynamics which dont allow RE prices to fall below at the max 30% for good or genuine properties ( Now dont say that a property in some remote place in pune has got corrected by 50% , I mean a Average 50% correction across the at least more then 50% locations in Pune is not very much feasible in say 2-3 years....

VK

Please see my response inline...

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    What I see from present economic situation in india as well in world over, that in next 6 months to 1 year RE will see its bottom & I think we can expect prices which were dream a year ago..Maybe we will see rates below 2004-05 like 1500-1800 in most of the key areas like PS,Wakd,Baner-Balewadi (in West Pune)...same would be in other part of Pune as well...

I also see stock market also gonna hit level 8-10K in nest 2-3 quarters, once results will come for Q3-Q4 of most of the big companies....This all leads to more worse situation to RE as well Banks as their NPA will increase & they will start less lending (for home loan as well as for RE companies)....So ALL in ALL this leads to RE hitting its bottom in next 6-9 months....

So, KEY is here to sit on CASH, wait for at least 6 months & I am sure we gonna get our rate both in RE as well in stock market...So now I decided I will wait for at least a 6-9 months for my Dream Home I think I will get my rates or if that wont happen than also I dont think that I will see a price rise from current rate in a year....So, waiting for another 6 months would be WIN-WIN situation for me....

You posted this on 9th Aug 2009. I sent reply on that saying "I'll store this post for 2-3 quarters". I wanted to see how much accurate people can be in their 'predictions'.. 1st quarter is over..

I see you chnaged your stand now,..
    No wonder Indian Stock markets are so volatile :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979

Here are the revised pay scales of college proffers after 6th Pay commision:

A. POSTS SPECIFIC TO UNIVERSITIES
    CATEGORY EXISTING PAY SCALE NEW PAY BAND GRADE PAY

Professor 16400-450-20900-500-22400 37400 - 67000 11000

Senior Professor 37400 - 67000 12000

Thats makes it more than 1 lacs a month.....So, now do you wanna become professor

Dear Ashish,
    I hope u also understand the scale. Which means a Senior Professor starts at 37400.
    You are talking about the maximum salary for a Senior Professor i.e. 67000… It definitely takes time to reach that scale. It will be interesting to see how many actually derive that salary.

I know I will not even be able to become a professor as I do not have PhD leave aside being a Senior Prof.

Originally Posted by ash7979
    as you ppls helping ppls here by advocating 50% correction theory, I am also helping ppls here to think positive & think PRACTICAL....

I never advocate a number and I do not stick to a number advocated by others. Not long back I was also one of those buyers who used to tell my Dad lets buy lets buy without even a little consideration to different factors. Slowly I learnt about the Ugly ways of the builders. Sorry for using that “Dancing tune” language but seems you were too critical of people advocating the 50% correction theory. Personally I do not stick to numbers but then I do not criticize people doing so. At the same time I also am not against Bulls. I would love to hear information from them as well. After all it is learning for me and others… I might be wrong in thinking this but I got an impression that you were time and again advocating 50% correction did not happen and so in a way implying that everything that the bears have been saying is discounted which I believe is not true.

And I am not forcing anybody to feel the same what I feel...But some practical ppls here must feel the same what I feel

Absolutely, infact there are many who might have bought at the top too. You mention Practical quite a few times. It is nice to be practical. But one needs to be practical in other aspects like Road development, Area development, EMI servicing as well.. instead of just being practical in pricing. I hope you agree with this.

And for god sake dont think that I am supporting builders here or RE prices here(I also feel that All builders are bloodsucking Animal)....But its Market dynamics which dont allow RE prices to fall below at the max 30% for good or genuine properties ( Now dont say that a property in some remote place in pune has got corrected by 50% , I mean a Average 50% correction across the at least more then 50% locations in Pune is not very much feasible in say 2-3 years....

I don’t think you support the builders. Good properties will always have demand. But buying properties in areas where there are no basic amenities does not look practical and paying high prices also do not. Who knows after 1 years the rates might have increased by 500 psf.. but that does not mean that the property now has become livable since I bought it 500 psf lesser than the current market rate.

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK

VK
    CommentQuote
  • hi ash7979,
    i feel tht it is always better to pay some premium for a good project with better specs, better infra, better connectivity instead for looking for a scheme in some remote area where the rate may look attractive. by saving some few lacs you may put urself in utmost agony and would never get a chance to correct your mistake.
    if u r looking for a home in kothrud, u need to make a survey by visiting all possible sites, see to urself the stage and status of the project and then and only then come to a conclusion.

sam...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sam2008
    hi ash7979,
    i feel tht it is always better to pay some premium for a good project with better specs, better infra, better connectivity instead for looking for a scheme in some remote area where the rate may look attractive. by saving some few lacs you may put urself in utmost agony and would never get a chance to correct your mistake.
    if u r looking for a home in kothrud, u need to make a survey by visiting all possible sites, see to urself the stage and status of the project and then and only then come to a conclusion.

sam...

Agree with you sam. I always say good infra, good infra, good infra.....even if it means paying more or reducing the area of the flat.
    However, there has to be some limit for this premium too. Just becuase it is Kothrud, you can't charge rates higher than Thane. Hope you got what I am trying to say.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Agree with you sam. I always say good infra, good infra, good infra.....even if it means paying more or reducing the area of the flat.
    However, there has to be some limit for this premium too. Just becuase it is Kothrud, you can't charge rates higher than Thane. Hope you got what I am trying to say.

you are right, but the fact is Kothrud has lesser number of flats to sale as compared to Thane. No doubt the infrastructure in Thane is far more better than Kothrud, but when there is less inventory the buyer are left with no option to pay higher cost if they intent have a home in Kothrud.
    recently i had seen a deal for a 3 yr old flat happening in Kothrud at a rate of 4500 psft.

sam...
    CommentQuote
  • When Kumar Builders can offer a 30 storey project, 45 Nirvana Hills for 4500/sq ft, why can't others? This is true as cost involved is low in low rise structures. As far as Karisma is concerned, the land remains the old one, hence builders justifying 7k rates again is illogical.

The issue is not about infra & price but profit margins & buyers' acceptance or rejection to it & it is not limited to only Kothrud but any part of the city per se.

* PS:- Let's not bring bankruptcy issue of Kumar here:D.
    Originally Posted by sam2008
    you are right, but the fact is Kothrud has lesser number of flats to sale as compared to Thane. No doubt the infrastructure in Thane is far more better than Kothrud, but when there is less inventory the buyer are left with no option to pay higher cost if they intent have a home in Kothrud.
    recently i had seen a deal for a 3 yr old flat happening in Kothrud at a rate of 4500 psft.

sam...
    CommentQuote
  • Sam,
    Wow it’s good to know that in Kothrud or anywhere else price rise is caused by just simple demand supply logic.
    Let me know who maintains that data how can you back this statement by numbers? All these things are driven by fear mongering by agents and greedy builders. Also this is coupled with investors who drive prices up to make profits. I will say demand supply is just one small factor. Slowly people are understanding that its illogical to buy flats hoping that u will get 3-5 fold profits in 10 years. Let us hope that awareness grows much faster in near future. In India for us house is dear thing.
    We should not convert housing market as commodity Market like in US where ultimately house of card collapsed in 2008 because of greed of people.

-Kothrud resident.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by informsantosh
    Sam,
    Wow it’s good to know that in Kothrud or anywhere else price rise is caused by just simple demand supply logic.
    Let me know who maintains that data how can you back this statement by numbers? All these things are driven by fear mongering by agents and greedy builders. Also this is coupled with investors who drive prices up to make profits. I will say demand supply is just one small factor. Slowly people are understanding that its illogical to buy flats hoping that u will get 3-5 fold profits in 10 years. Let us hope that awareness grows much faster in near future. In India for us house is dear thing.
    We should not convert housing market as commodity Market like in US where ultimately house of card collapsed in 2008 because of greed of people.

-Kothrud resident.

dear santosh,
    if u remember few days back there was swine flue and at tht time ppl were purchasing N95 masks for a rate of even Rs.400 when its actual cost was just Rs.75. i do agree tht flat cost shld not be based on JUST demand and supply, if someone wishes to have a home in Kothrud then they have to make a decision on the basis of best possible options available. i hope u wud also agree on this.

sam...
    CommentQuote
  • Sam,

How can you compare N95 with RE? When it comes to life, people may even buy scooba diving suits to walk around;). Anyways, the price of N95 as of now is INR 60/piece, nor have I seen anyone taking loan for N95. Where are the RE rates?
    dear santosh,
    if u remember few days back there was swine flue and at tht time ppl were purchasing N95 masks for a rate of even Rs.400 when its actual cost was just Rs.75. i do agree tht flat cost shld not be based on JUST demand and supply, if someone wishes to have a home in Kothrud then they have to make a decision on the basis of best possible options available. i hope u wud also agree on this.

sam...
    CommentQuote
    dear santosh,
    if u remember few days back there was swine flue and at tht time ppl were purchasing N95 masks for a rate of even Rs.400 when its actual cost was just Rs.75.
    i do agree tht flat cost shld not be based on JUST demand and supply, if someone wishes to have a home in Kothrud then they have to make a decision on the basis
    of best possible options available. i hope u wud also agree on this.
    sam...

People can pay extra 300 Rs, when its question of life, and there is no question of affordability here.
    For RE you are asking to pay extra 30L because there is demand?
    Its comparing tomatos to oranges, no doubt.

Sam you seems to be absolute in love with Kothrud and Samrajya, you dont like to hear anything against it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAJESHP
    People can pay extra 300 Rs, when its question of life, and there is no question of affordability here.
    For RE you are asking to pay extra 30L because there is demand?
    Its comparing tomatos to oranges, no doubt.

Sam you seems to be absolute in love with Kothrud and Samrajya, you dont like to hear anything against it.

yeah its true tht i prefer kothrud for its + points. i dont agree to pay 30L for nothing but one has to understand tht cost of flats in kothrud, not only samrajya but few others like sigma1, indradhanu, kumar karishma, kakade city are more than nearby area. if u dont accept this also then there is no point to discuss, bcoz then u may consider me as bias for kothrud.

sam...
    CommentQuote
    dear santosh,

sam...

Demand supply then in mid 2008 prices should have been drastically decreased as demand was 80% down (let me also throw some numbers/garbage) .
    I think that time prices didn’t followed demand supply logic as builders had stomach to withstand no sale scenario. Courtesy bank lobby who gave ~40% more loans to these guys so that they can survive.

I am not rebuffing demand supply logic but please don’t try to use this logic to justify rampant/exorbitant price rise.
    CommentQuote
  • Sam,
    You provide good info & if you have booked at Samrajya, there will be some biasness too. However, just because 10 builders have priced the flats at illogical levels doesn't mean that they are right. You hear that:- 2 wrongs don't make a correct one;).

This Kakde City falls in Warje & not in Kothrud. Again 45 Nirvana Hills (high rise + better specs & amenities, if completed:D) for 4.5k, Karisma (old amenities, ordinary specs & mechanised car park:() for 7k. Man whats the logic for this?
    yeah its true tht i prefer kothrud for its + points. i dont agree to pay 30L for nothing but one has to understand tht cost of flats in kothrud, not only samrajya but few others like sigma1, indradhanu, kumar karishma, kakade city are more than nearby area. if u dont accept this also then there is no point to discuss, bcoz then u may consider me as bias for kothrud.

sam...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Sam,
    You provide good info & if you have booked at Samrajya, there will be some biasness too. However, just because 10 builders have priced the flats at illogical levels doesn't mean that they are right. You hear that:- 2 wrongs don't make a correct one;).

This Kakde City falls in Warje & not in Kothrud. Again 45 Nirvana Hills (high rise + better specs & amenities, if completed:D) for 4.5k, Karisma (old amenities, ordinary specs & mechanised car park:() for 7k. Man whats the logic for this?

hi realacres,
    i dont justify rates more than 5000 in kothrud, but if someone wishes to have a home in kothrud then either he shld be speculative about the rate or else short list atleast one project out of the available options.
    frankinly speaking i had seen many of my friends getting sad only bcoz they were too speculative about the rates and didnt finalize a home in some project. now when they visit the same sites again they r seeing rates much higher than wht they saw last time, moreover many of them r not even ready to negotiate. here someone may say tht this is not the right time for RE, then in tht case how much shld one wait....

sam...
    CommentQuote