Hi,

I am somewhat new to Pune and am thinking of purchasing a flat at Magarpatta, as the rates are down now. There are chances that my job could take me to any IT park in Pune. This might involve commuting between Magarpatta and Hinjewadi as well. A friend of mine is shifting to a Hinjewadi based company and stays at Hadapsar who complains of the commuting time.

I want to know from you folks if the commutation time is too high and also if there is non-availability of transportation in the magarapatta area. Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
Nimish...
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • We are looking for 2BHK around 70L budget and pocession in 2019 and that's when we will shift to Pune.

Our main challenege is selecting the area, I am in to IT and my fiance is in Finance sector. So our office will mostly be in Hinjewadi or Magarpatta but what if one gets office in Hinjewadi and others in Magarpatta.

So I am want to understand is there any area which is in between these two or what are pros and cons of these two area? Which should be convenient for both of us.
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • atwitsend1 months ago
      There is no such thing as a permanent job anymore. Select a location which fulfills the entire family needs to a larger extent.
      What if today office is in Hinjewadi - you buy flat and are laid off and get job on the other side? What if you have to leave Pune for some other city? Which school do you put kids in ? Renting will solve many problems. The other option is to use company bus if you want peace of mind. I have been through all this and adjusted per situation - sometimes the spouse or you or both have to sit at home optionally or compulsorily - do not overburden yourself financially by trying to buy quickly - you will not have anymore confusion.
  • See my suggestion here
    CommentQuote