Last updated: September 4 2009
100 | Posts
6991 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of swine-flu on RE & other business

Hi,

Could see impact of swine flu in Pune in terms of schools being closed for 2 weeks. Less footfalls in malls & empty gardens as families avoiding outdoor activities.

I do see some panic among people in Pune and people outside are worrying about events in Pune. I got few -calls
    It is declared an epidemic.
    What do you say about it's impact on business?
    Last edited August 7 2009, 12:19 AM. Reason: Made title broader.

Re : Impact of swine-flu on RE & other business

I don't think this is the right forum to discuss the impact of swine flu on other things..Ppl are worried about their health and i think we should not relate that with the RE or businesses.

Sorry !

Comment

For RE business, you can soon see Ads which says "swine resistant Apts" or "Tamiflu pack free with the deal" etc.[/quote]
      gud one

Comment

Originally posted by w_sanjay View Post
        I don't think this is the right forum to discuss the impact of swine flu on other things..Ppl are worried about their health and i think we should not relate that with the RE or businesses.

Sorry !
        I regret if hurt anybody's emotions. It is not posted as a joke.
        Since it is declared as epidemics I wanted to know its impact.

Ppl are worried about recession/stagflation, job security and now swine-flu.
        They may not want to worry about EMI. They will reduce outdoor-activities.
        For exactly these reasons business (incl RE) will be impacted.
        Last edited August 6 2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Swine Flu may not be all that its made out to be ...

Folks,

Mortality rate for Swine Flu is 1% as reported!!!

I believe that driving on the road has greater mortality rate and that too is as random at striking us as Swine Flu. There are many other diseases which have much higher mortality rates. Why, even SARS had a much higher hit rate in terms of number of deaths to number of people affected. Remember the "plague" in Surat? That was far more serious!

So, in my opinion, one should not get carried away. Take some additional precautions in terms of eating healthy food at home and drinking water regularly, staying healthy and avoiding very crowded public places simply to avoid the inconvenience of getting infected, not in terms of fear of death or something. Wash regularly and stay clean. In the old days, these were mandatory precautions taken by our ancestors simply to prevent disease. We seem to have dumped this responsibility on our insurance companies and hospitals!

This will pass away much sooner and with much less fuss than SARS. There should be minimal impact on business which will last a few weeks/months and soon we will have forgotten this. How many people still think about SARS?

Sanjay, why should anyone be hurt if we discuss this in a serious and mature manner? Epidemics have happened since 1000s of years and discussing this on the forum may actually help any people get a realistic view of things as well as what precautions to take to stay out of trouble!

cheers
          Last edited August 6 2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I think we should have some section on Off Topic where we can post this thread.
            How ever this flu is not only in Pune I think many other city will also have. We are just unaware. If people started checking then finding them will not be a big deal.
            RE estate will effect more as u can see some more jobs are getting wiped away, salary cut is still on, commodity price is high. This is time to save money mean with liquid cash not land. If you have land u cant sell until there is buyer...
            Either land or AIR and FOOD. Choice is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by arin_12 View Post
              RE estate will effect more as u can see some more jobs are getting wiped away, salary cut is still on, commodity price is high. This is time to save money mean with liquid cash not land. If you have land u cant sell until there is buyer...
              Pune IT companies are doing cost-cutting like re-negotiating lease and moving to cheaper location
              for e.g from Kharadi-Hinjewadi as informed by the interviewer today
              My current company is planning to move to new location (From Magarpatta - SP Infocity phursungi).

In fact I am observing in last 2 months IT companies are hiring .

Comment

Cost cutting/optimisation

Yes some firms r hiring like TCS , Infy.

The demand is for domestic Call centres which do not give that much money.(TCS)

Now Infy has hired few engg. at lower wages to get good manpower at recession time to get good result in boom time, later.

Some r cutting cost to get cheaper manpower instead of flabby seniors.

The net effect would still be job loss, any accretion is at bottom end.

Renego. for lease means again cost cutting - lesser rentals - lesser sale price in pure eco terms.

But Pune bldrs have been resilient to demand - supply mismatch and have maintained relatively higher prices in recession.

Lets c the impact of lower GDP + Swine Flu on general sentiments and business on a local level in Aamcha Pune.
                Last edited August 7 2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

aamcha pune, not aamchi.

Comment

Have news that swine flu vaccine is developed in UK & will be available in India for commercial use which can be taken from your family doctor just like tetanus etc. in Oct 09. Any further details on this?
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X