Impact of swine-flu on RE & other business

Last updated: September 4 2009
99 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Impact of swine-flu on RE & other business

Aditi,
    Not sure about that but a better immunity system is always good to prevent any type of viral infection. But given our current lifestyles of sitting in office, getting home tried and hence failing to do any exercise surely does not help building our immunity system.

VK

Comment

Originally posted by tsongt View Post
      quick question - If I have an option to work from outside Pune for a month, should I do that and come back after a month? Or is it better to be in Pune and take care of myself taking more precautions ?

any thoughts? I know some of my friends sending their families to outside Pune for the next 2-3 weeks. Some folks have already done this.
      My friends & relatives have already made arrangements there. I am still interested in staying in Pune, though don't know for how long. P H O N E is getting bombarded with calls. Being told by some well placed sources to store goods for 6 months (I am cutting it down to 3). Remove the dining area & store goods. Curfew may be imposed sooner, spoke with couple of corporators who echo this viewpoint. Pune MP, Kallu is out of station for last 2 days. Don't know whether he has now come back. Many people are going to Delhi, scenario is much better there with good medical facilities.

Don't know how the current medical infra will work, add to it pathetic response by politicians in shutting down commercial eastablishments. Some may say that it didn't help much abroad, but India is different. The population is huge coupled with poor medical facilities.

I always like to stay back & work in time of emergency, but this is not war, it is pandemic & more we try to help, we ourself would be hit with this virus.

Worst possible scenario:- Out of Maharashtra (though not to Canada).

* Btw, read a report which says that situation will spin out of control in Dharavi & other slum areas, if it gets affected. 1Cr people will be bumped off due to this virus.

Don't know what this freakin Govt. will do later (people are to be equally blamed. Saw several people yesterday spitting on roads, candidates who came for army recruitment at Race Course, Pune did %^^# on road). Congress Ka Haath, Ghanta Ke Saath (but at the end of the day, its these people who voted them to power).

# There was severe plague in Gujrat when I was in school, somewhere in early-mid 90s. The situation got controlled within the state. This NCP chaps won't take quick action as they can't make money in H1N1. Anil Bhosle of Pune NCP opposed closure of public areas & said that people have to show constraint The fact remains that people here lack civic sense, & it has to be forcefully implemented by authorities. We are no Canada & this needs to be understood.
      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by aditi sharma View Post
        Is it true that if u got swine-flu and recover from it, you are now immune to it. u wont suffer it again(or atleast u will have more immunity towards it). ?? If this is true, those r winners who get swine-flu and recover from it. they will be immune.
        ^If treatment is recieved in time.
        Several people have fallen to this virus already, though before getting to concerned hospitals. Hence, the no. of actual deaths due to swine flu is far more than being shown in the media.

Comment

I fear what is happening in pune will son be followed by other cities. Similar ppl with lack of civic sense.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
            My friends & relatives have already made arrangements there. I am still interested in staying in Pune, though don't know for how long. P H O N E is getting bombarded with calls. Being told by some well placed sources to store goods for 6 months (I am cutting it down to 3). Remove the dining area & store goods. Curfew may be imposed sooner, spoke with couple of corporators who echo this viewpoint. Pune MP, Kallu is out of station for last 2 days. Don't know whether he has now come back. Many people are going to Delhi, scenario is much better there with good medical facilities.

Don't know how the current medical infra will work, add to it pathetic response by politicians in shutting down commercial eastablishments. Some may say that it didn't help much abroad, but India is different. The population is huge coupled with poor medical facilities.

I always like to stay back & work in time of emergency, but this is not war, it is pandemic & more we try to help, we ourself would be hit with this virus.

Worst possible scenario:- Out of Maharashtra (though not to Canada).

* Btw, read a report which says that situation will spin out of control in Dharavi & other slum areas, if it gets affected. 1Cr people will be bumped off due to this virus.

Don't know what this freakin Govt. will do later (people are to be equally blamed. Saw several people yesterday spitting on roads, candidates who came for army recruitment at Race Course, Pune did %^^# on road). Congress Ka Haath, Ghanta Ke Saath (but at the end of the day, its these people who voted them to power).
            I am hearing exactly similar news from some of my friends, they are asking me to stock up food grains etc which I dont really want to. But since i dont want to panic and run out of Pune it looks like I need to take such measures. Especially since my family is dependant on me too,

Comment

Originally posted by veeemkay View Post
              I fear what is happening in pune will son be followed by other cities. Similar ppl with lack of civic sense.
              People would like to fight if the Govt and authorities show the attitude honestly. But since the authorities chase only money, they get too scary. Cannot tag those people by saying they dont have civic sense.

Comment

Originally posted by tsongt View Post
                I am hearing exactly similar news from some of my friends, they are asking me to stock up food grains etc which I dont really want to. But since i dont want to panic and run out of Pune it looks like I need to take such measures. Especially since my family is dependant on me too,
                Purchased Sugar for INR 27/kg last week, it is now INR 33/kg.
                Following is the items I recommend all of you to stock:-

Sugar,
                Oil (Edible not crude),
                Wheat (don't go all out as it may get infested due to current weather),
                Rice (use boric powder & store a lot),
                Dal.

This month, most of the expenses would be done on these items!:p

* Note that the issue is not just of price but availability. Tomorrow you may be willing to shell out INR 50-60/kg for sugar, but what if it isn't available? This is done not due to swine flu but lack of monsoons.

On a lite note, lack of sugar & oil will reduce the waistlines of lot of Puneties.

Comment

On lighter Note

Hi friends,

Was down with stomach upset for last two days.

Took medicine from docs.

Had to visit Sarkari hosp, remember Swine flu has gastro symptons also!!!

The road in Koregaon Park lane was jammed with cars and there was 3 hrs serpitine queue with masked men & women fear ful of each other and especially me, dilapidated & drowsy with red eyes except for those 3-5 kids playing merrily until, the chowkidar had to be told to provide the free mask to these kids. All the people there appeared to me well and fine.

Finally the Sarkari approval came, No Swine flu she said, i insisted gastro symptons with Fever - No swine flu she again said.

It was a psychological relief for my 'friend & family'

Readers Note: Swine Flu might not produce High Grade fever like a normal flu sympton.
                  Flu and common diseases are majorly ( 90 + %) spread by the way hands + eyes combination. So wash ur hands 1-2 hrly,eyes 3-4 times in a day.
                  Gargle with hot water + salt to prevent growth of bugs in throat.

PS: Where have those doctors gone who used to make u sit on shiny round steel stools, peer down ur throat, stretch ur eyelids and tickle ur stomach.

:- Web Cam doctors

Comment

Disappointed

the Govt and authorities have done little to help people and deal with this pandemic.

Expectations

1. Employ 1000 + people to fumigate all localities especially crowded public places.

2. Distribute masks to schools, public servants like conductors, health official etc. to keep things running.

3. Take help of large no. of local NGO's here in Pune to spread awareness and help in preventive & detection mechanisms.

4. Use print & Electronic media to dessimate useful info. Remember the same Govt / Opposition parties sang Peons to their achievements in news/T.V before the election.

5. Hold people accountable. IAS & Health official r meant to do their job, not keep on discussing options as the common people die.

6. Belligerent & Greedy people r still continuing with their business. Political parties r holding rallies, Big Bazaar + others r continuing with their discount offers. Stockist/ medical stores r short charging the people brazenly with costly masks and medicines.

As for common folk like u & me do ur duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sansei View Post
                      Hi friends,

Was down with stomach upset for last two days.

Took medicine from docs.

Had to visit Sarkari hosp, remember Swine flu has gastro symptons also!!!
                      Who told u this ? :p
                      Eat, Pray and Love

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X