Sort by :
Filter by :
- I don't think this is the right forum to discuss the impact of swine flu on other things..Ppl are worried about their health and i think we should not relate that with the RE or businesses.
- For RE business, you can soon see Ads which says "swine resistant Apts" or "Tamiflu pack free with the deal" etc.
- Originally Posted by w_sanjayI don't think this is the right forum to discuss the impact of swine flu on other things..Ppl are worried about their health and i think we should not relate that with the RE or businesses.
I regret if hurt anybody's emotions. It is not posted as a joke.
Since it is declared as epidemics I wanted to know its impact.
Ppl are worried about recession/stagflation, job security and now swine-flu.
They may not want to worry about EMI. They will reduce outdoor-activities.
For exactly these reasons business (incl RE) will be impacted.CommentQuote0Flag
- Swine Flu may not be all that its made out to be ...
Mortality rate for Swine Flu is 1% as reported!!!
I believe that driving on the road has greater mortality rate and that too is as random at striking us as Swine Flu. There are many other diseases which have much higher mortality rates. Why, even SARS had a much higher hit rate in terms of number of deaths to number of people affected. Remember the "plague" in Surat? That was far more serious!
So, in my opinion, one should not get carried away. Take some additional precautions in terms of eating healthy food at home and drinking water regularly, staying healthy and avoiding very crowded public places simply to avoid the inconvenience of getting infected, not in terms of fear of death or something. Wash regularly and stay clean. In the old days, these were mandatory precautions taken by our ancestors simply to prevent disease. We seem to have dumped this responsibility on our insurance companies and hospitals!
This will pass away much sooner and with much less fuss than SARS. There should be minimal impact on business which will last a few weeks/months and soon we will have forgotten this. How many people still think about SARS?
Sanjay, why should anyone be hurt if we discuss this in a serious and mature manner? Epidemics have happened since 1000s of years and discussing this on the forum may actually help any people get a realistic view of things as well as what precautions to take to stay out of trouble!
- I think we should have some section on Off Topic where we can post this thread.
How ever this flu is not only in Pune I think many other city will also have. We are just unaware. If people started checking then finding them will not be a big deal.
RE estate will effect more as u can see some more jobs are getting wiped away, salary cut is still on, commodity price is high. This is time to save money mean with liquid cash not land. If you have land u cant sell until there is buyer...CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by arin_12RE estate will effect more as u can see some more jobs are getting wiped away, salary cut is still on, commodity price is high. This is time to save money mean with liquid cash not land. If you have land u cant sell until there is buyer...
Pune IT companies are doing cost-cutting like re-negotiating lease and moving to cheaper location
for e.g from Kharadi-Hinjewadi as informed by the interviewer today ;)
My current company is planning to move to new location (From Magarpatta - SP Infocity phursungi).
In fact I am observing in last 2 months IT companies are hiring ;).CommentQuote0Flag
- Cost cutting/optimisation
Yes some firms r hiring like TCS , Infy.
The demand is for domestic Call centres which do not give that much money.(TCS)
Now Infy has hired few engg. at lower wages to get good manpower at recession time to get good result in boom time, later.
Some r cutting cost to get cheaper manpower instead of flabby seniors.
The net effect would still be job loss, any accretion is at bottom end.
Renego. for lease means again cost cutting - lesser rentals - lesser sale price in pure eco terms.
But Pune bldrs have been resilient to demand - supply mismatch and have maintained relatively higher prices in recession.
Lets c the impact of lower GDP + Swine Flu on general sentiments and business on a local level in Aamcha Pune.CommentQuote0Flag
- aamcha pune, not aamchi.CommentQuote0Flag
- Have news that swine flu vaccine is developed in UK & will be available in India for commercial use which can be taken from your family doctor just like tetanus etc. in Oct 09. Any further details on this?CommentQuote0Flag
- ^^ Thank heavens !!CommentQuote0Flag
- Be very careful about this vaccine ...
This Vaccine is experimental in the sense that it has not had the time to go through full trials.
Please do not compare it with Tetanus vaccine since the potential side-effects of the new vaccine are not yet completely known.
Please take as many qualified opinions as possible before thinking of going in for this vaccine. Be a little extra-careful, since, this disease itself is not proving to be so virulent (many of the deaths have happened because of attendant conditions like diabetes, pneumonia ans simply because people have brought in patient when it was literally too late).
For that matter, even if you bring in a rabies case when it is too late, patient has no hope. So, just be careful to take adequate advice before panicking and jumping in.
- The data is some thing like this. This all are official. Dont know what will be the actual one.
- not swine flu, but poor rains are going to play bad game now on. markets have already started correcting on that news.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by arin_12The data is some thing like this. This all are official. Dont know what will be the actual one.
I live in London and we went through the same cycle that currently Pune is going through - first month we had panic (schools getting closed whenever a student contracted the flu etc), second month onwards it became part of life as you cannot keep closing and opening schools. UK govt has come out with clear instructions on symptoms, process to get medicine etc. I know at least 10 people who got the flu and are fine now. One needs to be careful (wash hands regularly etc). It has not impacted the business much. btw, UK has third largest number of swine flu cases in the world.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by badethakurFolks,
It has not impacted the business much. btw, UK has third largest number of swine flu cases in the world.
Buddy dont compare INDIA with UK. You must be knowing how our Doc/Hospital works. How many people daily travel and density of the people.
And about rains. Surely It will effect all market.
25-60% less rain in Bihar, UP, Punjab, Hariyana, MP etc...
Expecting 8% less crop. PM already declared many places as drought hit. Asked GOVT for rescue of this people.
We all who believe/think RE as investment opportunity to be blamed. Every day cutting this much of tree will obviously lead to drought like situation.CommentQuote0Flag