Sort by :
Filter by :
- merger of two flatsOriginally Posted by marsmandarHi,
Is there any legal process which you need to follow if you want to combine two flats in a multi-stored building?
I have seen many ppl do it but i don't know if it is legal or the plan was approved..
Permission of society and civic authority will be needed.People do many illegal things which can land them in trouble if caught.Quite often people get away because checking is lax to non existent. What may happen is some unhappy society member may lodge a complaint and then problems will follow.
Sometimes people just put a door on the wall but it has to be seen if modifications made affect load bearing capability also.
refer this link:Flat out, News - Latest - Pune Mirror,Pune MirrorCommentQuote0Flag
- if u hv OC to building, u can go ahead. there is lesser chance of you getting in trouble!!!CommentQuote0Flag
- combining flatsOriginally Posted by SohamKif u hv OC to building, u can go ahead. there is lesser chance of you getting in trouble!!!
People should always be advised how to go about things in legal manner in respect of such important decisions. Lesser chance of getting into trouble is no reason to break law.
It is like jumping a traffic signal when no cop is watching.If cop is watching you will compulsorily watch and wait for green signal.OBEY LAWS willingly,if you want our nation to improve..CommentQuote0Flag
- This also happens to a good extent in commercial properties. restaurants having tables in front area which is actually designated for parking/firefighting is one such common example.
Load bearing capacity is important technical term here. In order to earn most profit, builders tend to use lowest quality materials now-a-days, further customizing can cause structural trouble involving a risk to all families.CommentQuote0Flag
- You need permissions from PMC/PCMC to make that modificationCommentQuote0Flag