Hello Everyone,

Brilliant forum and brilliant community :). I wanted your views on magarpatta rates. I read in today's paper about 2bhk at 35 lakhs and one is available at 33 lakh(all inclusive including car parking) of around 850 sq ft. The broker mentioned its at 2900/sq ft.

I read somewhere on the forums few weeks back that rate is 2600. Can everyone share more on the actual rates or till where I can negotiate? Any pointers on what should be considered while discussing on the rates with them?

Also there are many micro societies in magar patta, gravelia, Iris, etc. Which locality in them is good or all at par?

Looking forward towards your valuable inputs. I am also optimizing this thread for SEO, so that this is picked up by Google better for words such as magarpatta rates, magarpatta flat rate, magar patta city rate, magarpatta city rate.

Warm Regards,
bipinboy
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    One gets hot water if one takes bath before the rest in the building coz it is common piping rather than individual quota!!:D

Really?
    On some of the photos I have seen, they show 30-40 solar panels with water tank attached on the terrace. Can someone who is actually living there verify this?

Thanks.

Dhurander
    CommentQuote
  • I have been staying in magarpatta from last 3 years (rented apartment). Frankly speaking I have not faced any problem as far as working solar water heater is concerned. I have seen people discussing about seepage/leakage problem, but i haven't observed this happening in my apartment.
    CommentQuote
  • Even I have been staying in magarpatta for the last 4 years (on rent), and havent encountered shortage of hot water anytime during the day.
    CommentQuote
  • I am planning to buy a 2BHK flat in Magarpatta City. I currently stay in Navi Mumbai. Based on the general chat on this forum, it seems that resale flats are going at 2600 psf. Can anyone confirm that ? how long ago did someone buy at that rate ?

Does anyone here know a good broker near Magarpatta city that I can get in touch with ?

Regards
    Manumani
    CommentQuote
  • hot water or hot air???

this comes very late and apologies for that.

Originally Posted by realacres
    One gets hot water if one takes bath before the rest in the building coz it is common piping rather than individual quota!!:D

Cheeky... aren't we? realacres, your statement comes across as ill-researched.

i have not had any problems with availability of hot water in my current residence. hot water is available 24 X 7 (it takes some time to come through in the morning. i have to keep the tap on for a minute or so before the water already present in the pipes is flushed out). and when i say hot, i mean scalding hot!!!

also, i am not sure about the references to the Nagar Road proximity (for Trillium) as Magarpatta township in itself is around 7 KMs from Nagar Road. i think the author meant the road connecting Nagar and Solapur highways. however, this also is incorrect for Trillium (is true for Roystonea, though).

personally, if i have had the money, i would have bought a place here. but, i chose balewadi (i work near model colony and my wife at hinjewadi).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Dhurander
    Really?
    On some of the photos I have seen, they show 30-40 solar panels with water tank attached on the terrace. Can someone who is actually living there verify this?

Thanks.

Dhurander

Hot water is usually not a problem, except for in the rainy season. In other days you get virtually unlimited hot water, which according to me is the best amenity in magarpatta. I keep a immersion heater for the rainy days.
    CommentQuote
  • Ready to Eat !!

For that matter anyone can install it in his flat..... the Panel is not so heavy and can be put on Unused side of building or the roof and one can get the society's initiative for it. The tank can be put in your bathroom with insulated winding on the pipe.
    For that matter Magarpatta is wasting more water as every one clears 4-5 litres of water to get the hotwater.
    They have not insulated the connecting pipe.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by astikpant
    i have been living in Magarpatta for more than a year now... i have had a good experience. my reasons are:

decent layout: i live in Jasminum that offers a spacious (1280 sq ft) 2 bhk
      effective amenities/add-ons: these include

decent security
        solar water heater
        parking under podium
        podium-level garden

township layout: this ensures you can walk to:

market
          couple of decent restaurants
          gardens/open spaces
          recreational facilities

one-time maintenance: i have rented the apartment and my landlord has paid 2/3 lacs as maintenance to ensure that any problem (a leaking sink) is resolved without any labor charges

of course, there are some issues as well:

quality of construction is not great
            cost of vegetables and other utilities is slightly more as compared to market outside Magarpatta
            centrally managed and administered and therefore you will actually need to pay Magarpatta a certain amount if you decide to sell your flat. also, the new buyer will have to shell out extra if costs if parking or maintenance has increased (from when you originally purchased)
            you have to pay one time charges for buying modems for broadband, cable and other facilities... can be irritating
            roads tend to get flooded during rains... waterloggins is an issue as the drainage system for internal roads is non-exsistent

there might be other advantages and disadvantages, but these points delight or trouble me the most...

I agree with your observation about jasminium. Its quite spacious.

decent security - Cannot agree more. Its more that decent security
              solar water heater - reiterated already
              parking under podium - Is this an amenity. I dont really care as long as i get covered parking.
              podium-level garden - Nice. But timings restricted by magarpatta and you cant do anything about it.

one-time maintenance: i have rented the apartment and my landlord has paid 2/3 lacs as maintenance to ensure that any problem (a leaking sink) is resolved without any labor charges

Exactly why it is better to rent.
    CommentQuote
  • No Early ReSale Agreement?

I heard that buyers are not allowed to sell flat for certain number of years as per there agreement with magarpatta city. Is it true?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vfour
    I heard that buyers are not allowed to sell flat for certain number of years as per there agreement with magarpatta city. Is it true?

There is no such agreement as far as my knowledge goes.
    CommentQuote
  • Owner cannot sell until he/she takes possession.
    CommentQuote
  • Builder uses obsolete tech.

Originally Posted by frugality
    For that matter Magarpatta is wasting more water as every one clears 4-5 litres of water to get the hotwater.
    They have not insulated the connecting pipe.

Don't understand why builders don't adopt latest technologies available in market to deal with such problems. Grundfos is one of them who have solutions for water related issues.
    CommentQuote
  • how much a 1 bhk costs in magarpatta.

is there any other options near by for 1 bhk
    CommentQuote
  • Probably around 26L in zinnia.
    Resales in Heliconia (the old 1BHKs) are around 17-18L with parking.

Originally Posted by pune_pp
    how much a 1 bhk costs in magarpatta.

is there any other options near by for 1 bhk
    CommentQuote
  • Went to see and buy a flat in Magarpatta as I thought it is a complete township. I am impressed by the layout plans, amenities, etc. Went to see a flat going for 33.5L in Iris (about 931 sqft). However, what I found is construction quuality is not that great. The finishing and interiors are like any other ordinary project, while the commercial properties & office spaces are excellent. I however liked the amenities and garden and playing areas for children, which are well maintained.
    CommentQuote