Hi All

Just wanted to share a thought. I saw many threads where people were saying they are paying for houses worth 50 L and yet their is water problem. Lets be honest about it. Apart from giving you a PMC and boaring well connection the builder will not and in most cases cannot give extra water supply. While you can ensure that you buy a flat in an area which has PMC of PCMC connection, their is nothing more you can do.

If its not raining, no one has water. The only exception to this is places which have strong political affiliations. Thus while entire hadapsar was dry, Magarpatta has a decent water supply. Rumors were that Lavasa had abundance of water through the summer.

One thing is for sure. Water is not a treasure of the rich. If it continues to be the same for some more years, people will actually forcefully break into such places and physically fight for the right to water. So even if we have projects which boast for 24X7 water, lets use it judicially.

Also remember money does not buy everything. Water will soon join the likes of Peace of mind, love, happiness, and other such stuff.
Read more
Reply
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by akssenti
    The basic point of the thread was not generate water awareness but have had some interesting disucssions.

    I would propose everyone follows one basic exercise:

    Imagine someone has written a book about you with all your mistakes after you have passed away and cannot defend yourself... What can you do in such a situation. GANDHIJI was human so he had his own weaknesses and he was the first one to admit it. Please read my experiments with Truth before critizing him. India is a free country and not a dictator led country today because of people like him. Pakistan has only one major religion but yet is in a pathetic state. Its people like Gandhiji, Ambedkar, Sardar Patel and others who made us the country we are.. Please read more about China before talking about democracy being a bad thing.. People are randomly arrested, no freedom of expression, and no freedom of thought.. you would have been hanged for posting such thoughts in China.

    Analysing mistakes is always easy in retrospect. Think if everyone analyzes every small and big decision you ever made. Try this the next time. Someone abuses you or says something rude smile at them. You will know how hard it is to be Mahatma Gandhi. We are a queer country. My cousin went to South Africa and many people smiled at him, and talked to him, told him he must be proud because he belongs to the land of Gandhi... and here we abuse him and disrespect him. Our independence won out of non violence has given us so much issues. Imagine if we won it out of violence. These were leaders who lived with the people and live amongst them. Try coming out of your houses and spending 4 hours in a slum and see their life. You will know what it takes to be Gandhiji. Please dont insult people we cannot even match in thoughts and ideas forget execution of ideas.

    I refrain from commenting on Nehru since I have not read enough about him.



    Hey Akshay...cool down man...Who said anything wrong about gandhi??? I just said that India got its independence due to WW2 not Gandhi & that is true as well..Germany hit britain hard that britain needed to keep their house in order that time thats why they decided to leave from india, they didnt had that much power at that time to handle such a big country after WW2, as in WW2 britain was almost been defeated by Hitler...

    What I have said in my post that Nehru family adopted the gandhi surname & they are looting india in his name since then...

    Abt Democracy & china...Yeah I know there are many restrictions in china on media but not on individual & I dont know any case where they have hanged a person only if he has commented something in some blog or online forum...I have stayed almost 1 year in china (was working there they my previous company) I have first hand experience what china is...What they have achieved due to their this attitude only...in 80's china also having big problem with corruption, but now they almost corruption free country at least at common person's level...They are able to make big road, better infra due that...In india due to too much democracy everywhere you see corruption...you urself said in your initial post that even DRINKING WATER is becoming political thing...a corporator (nagar sevak, I dont know why its called nager sevak in marathi) which is having more (muscle)power is getting PMC water in his area & other are waiting for even water like basic amenity...so, how you will solve this problem, created due to democracy....

    Winston Churchill had serious apprehensions about India’s ability to sustain its democracy and said that it will be ruled by goons,and in fact it is.More than 50% of politicians MP's,MLA's are 100% gundas,how can we expect them to run a country smoothly.So, I still feel that India is not a fit case for democracy, as we are having more than 50% junta illiterate...We blindly copied democracy from britain, but we have been miserly failed in that...

    You know Sardar Manmohan singh once fought election from south delhi, but could not able to win...but person like shabbudin..lalu...paswan win election by election..this is the truth of indian democracy...you might argue again ther "WE" the ppls who choose our MPs....but I still say "THEY" (illiterate & selfish ppls) forced them on us....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akssenti
    We are suffering because we want to have everything and do nothing.. the name of Gandhi has nothing to do with it. If you cannot go out and even think of changing things, lets not complain. Politicians are a reflection of the socitey as it is in its current state. Lets not use a contextualized version of history pick out some instances and say stuff. Had Gandhiji not started a nationwide revolution, we would have been fighting for the british and not fighting the british.


    Again you are saying those ideal line like "If you cannot go out and even think of changing things, lets not complain. Politicians are a reflection of the socitey as it is in its current state." Are we have the society with goons everywhere??? have you elected these goons (MP,MLAs)???

    I again & again saying that we are in this state not due to all society is like this ,but we have majority of population illiterate, they even dont know why they are voting, so how come they will come to know who to vote..they vote for 100 Rs or a bottle of country liquor...so my dear friend come out from dream & face the reality...abhi to u have see more worse scene in india...when you choose mayawati kind of neta...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    Hey Akshay...cool down man...Who said anything wrong about gandhi??? I just said that India got its independence due to WW2 not Gandhi & that is true as well..Germany hit britain hard that britain needed to keep their house in order that time thats why they decided to leave from india, they didnt had that much power at that time to handle such a big country after WW2, as in WW2 britain was almost been defeated by Hitler...

    What I have said in my post that Nehru family adopted the gandhi surname & they are looting india in his name since then...

    Abt Democracy & china...Yeah I know there are many restrictions in china on media but not on individual & I dont know any case where they have hanged a person only if he has commented something in some blog or online forum...I have stayed almost 1 year in china (was working there they my previous company) I have first hand experience what china is...What they have achieved due to their this attitude only...in 80's china also having big problem with corruption, but now they almost corruption free country at least at common person's level...They are able to make big road, better infra due that...In india due to too much democracy everywhere you see corruption...you urself said in your initial post that even DRINKING WATER is becoming political thing...a cooperator which is having more (muscle)power is getting PMC water in his area & other are waiting for even water like basic amenity...so, how you will solve this problem, created due to democracy....

    Winston Churchill had serious apprehensions about India’s ability to sustain its democracy and said that it will be ruled by goons,and in fact it is.More than 50% of politicians MP's,MLA's are 100% gundas,how can we expect them to run a country smoothly.So, I still feel that India is not a fit case for democracy, as we are having more than 50% junta illiterate...We blindly copied democracy from britain, but we have been miserly failed in that...

    You know Sardar Manmohan singh once fought election from south delhi, but could not able to win...but person like shabbudin..lalu...paswan win election by election..this is the truth of indian democracy...you might argue again ther "WE" the ppls who choose our MPs....but I still say "THEY" (illiterate & selfish ppls) forced them on us....


    Hey Buddy

    Sorry if i got carried away but you will see some stuff about Gandhiji written here which is a bit too much. You are right when you say german's kicked the english a** hard enough for them to let us go..

    I have read about China from some different places and have got varied opinions.. parents were arrested a few weeks ago because they protested when an earthquake killed a lot of children when a school fell down. Because of the one child policy parents lost their only kid and when they protested on quality of construction of school were pushed of the jail.. read about the Black day in china were hundrerds on innocent protesters were massacered on the road.. look at what they have done to tibet.. its called cultural genocide.. killing an entire thought process for their own greed...
    CommentQuote
  • Lets close this post now and let it die.. i am sorry if i offended anyone with strong words.. Lets discuss real estate..
    CommentQuote
  • You have read abt china in media..abt tibet...They (chinese) also can say the same abt kasmir..Everyday we also getting news abt police atrocities in india as well...so their media can also twist the story & can interpret in their own way...And you also know what indian media do in the name of freedom of speech....Recent Swine flu case is in front of you, what they did...spread rumors & Panic among public, have you seen any news about swine flu on TV or on any online news paper...you know why??? Indian govt did what chinese govt do to control media...I & B ministry gave clear instruction to all the media that they dont want any news abt swine flu in media & see the effect...

    One child policy of china, able to sustain chinese economy..se what we are with no control on anything...ppls still are having 8-10 children in the name of god & see who is suffering...we are we even dont have water to drink...and u are seeing the situation of food supply..so I dont know where we will go from here in term of population..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akssenti
    The only exception to this is places which have strong political affiliations. Thus while entire hadapsar was dry, Magarpatta has a decent water supply.


    Nope... Magarpatta had water for only one hour in the day. This continued for 24 days :)

    Only areas not affected acutely were Dehu road areas, Bavdhan, Kondhwa and Katraj :)
    CommentQuote
  • Nehru Gandhi Family dis-integrated my INDIA

    Originally Posted by realacres
    As you said WW2,

    I must say that I admire Adolf Hitler for single reason:- For hitting England hard. Had WW2 not happened, we still would have been working for Britishers.

    This Mohandas Chap should have been hit in 1946 itself. We lost Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev becuase of this so called bapu.
    This gulabchand had multiple affairs (with Britishers too) & gave rise to several bastards.
    Sonia & Rajiv had fled country & then took refuge in Italian Embassy during 1971 war. Rahul (actual name is Italian:- Raul) was watching lawn tennis when Kargil took place.

    Fact remains that people of this country will listen only on gun than votes.




    I wonder sometimes the views of two persons are the carbon-copy of one another. I condemn gandhi and nehru STRONGGGGLLLYY

    gandhi was a religious person but was not fit for a revolution. he was nowhere capable of leading our countrymen. he KILLED aggression in Indian Youth. he made Indian youth equivalent to Donkeys.. Damnnn

    And what to say abt nehru.. SunOvaBiatch also had affair with Amitabh Bachhan's mom, Teji Bachhan. Yes its true guys. This SunOvaBiatch. was such a filthhhy animal that he compromised India's integrity by dividing it in parts.

    had the great revolutionaries like Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, Subhash Chander bose, mangal Pandey were there till the end, India would've been at the top of the Asia Pacific Region where the mighty China is now. India would have been dictating terms to the likes of United States and USSR.... We would've had Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and even some provinces of China like Tibet, Nepal as part of the Integral INDIA....

    Mark my word guys.... "India is Beyond repair now. Only a DICTATOR can save it"

    and yes.. China is the biggest enemy.. these tiny, ugly Mothafockaas
    CommentQuote
  • Hi aks,

    I know that this is not RE but it is important than RE.
    Let's revise the actual history. Who was Mohandas? A lawyer. You know what happened at chauri chaura? (get the info if not) When Indians burnt down the british police station, he opposed it.

    A single sign of his would have stopped the death sentence of Bhagat Singh, Rajguru & Sukhdev. He did not. Why? Because post independence he wanted to be tallest leader. Netaji Subhaschandra Bose quit Congress. Why?

    Vallbhai Patel, Sardar was to become PM. This Gulabchand bastard opposed it & compalined to Mohandas. Later Patel withdrew & Gulabchand became 1st PM. Sardar was opposed to Pak & wanted Kashmir too. Gulabchand refused & now we have PoK. Mohandas said that country will be divided only on his body (dead). What happened? What about Indian Muslim League asking for Home ministry? Mohandas & Gulabchand supported, Sardar opposed.

    It were revolutionaries who kicked Britishers ass, not Mohandas & Co.
    Who killed Lal Bahadur Shastri? Indira Gandhi err Indira Nehru-Khan.
    Even today the Govt, is not making the findings public. Why?
    Go to UK, you will find several books written how these so called Gandhi-Nehru were chaplus to Britishers (books banned here).
    As far as democracy is concerned, how many times have you spoken with your local corporator, let alone MLA/MP?

    In Canada, look how freely politicians mix with people, unlike India where Adivasi Kalyan mantri comes with an army of commandos without any reason on taxpayers money.

    Last nut not the least, before commenting on China, visit it first. What we see is propaganda of west media like BBC & CNN. In Shanghai I asked a manager of a big industrial plant a simple question:-

    Are you happy living in non-democratic country? He said:-
    My parents used to work in farms & it hardly used to feed all of us. Today, I have a house, a car & my children go to some of best city schools. There is poverty, but we can now have GREAT AMERICAN DREAM here in SHANGHAI!!

    After all, we all know how one ends up if he/she goes against people in power. Best e.g. is largest state:- UP.

    The most tragic part of India:- Some people consider Rome to be a village in Tamil Nadu. Even after 62 years, we are nowhere to where Japan was post WW2 or Germany for that matter.

    Reason:- We all. People+Govt. No nationalism in our blood.

    Lord give my fellow citizens sanity, to read history written by Indians & not Britishers & that they all give up the 'Chalta Hai' attitude.

    JAI HIND
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Real

    You are factually right about a lot of things buddy, the only question is one of interpretation.

    Ashish, politicians are a reflectipn of the socitey. Our general interpretation of socitey is we and people around us. But this is untrue. UP and Bihar are as much a part of India. We have negleted Dalits for centuries. Now that they have some leader however worse she might be, they say better a dalit idiot on top, rather than anyone else. Also when it comes to Tibet there is no question of media, you can read chinease law there. If Tibeteans pray to Buddha in their own homes, in their style, they can be arrested. This is Chinease law.Will post a link in some time. I admire China's focus and becoming the best but they are intent on destroying everything else. Their is no media spin. The no. of chinease in tibet is 25 million and no of tibeteans are 5 million. Imagine not being able to practice your own religion in your country. India is way better than that. I agree One child policy helped them control population.

    Real, even i heard the nehru rumours. Lets put this debate to a rest because we have polar opposite view both factual but on interpretations of the fact. Chauri Chuara had to be stopped because it would have signalled violance as a means of independence. The problem with most violent independent struggles is that the winner is the biggest bully, so even if we had won in 1857 we might still be under same feudal rule of kings etc.. although ruled by Nehrus, and now Gandhi family is a similar thing.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanx

    Thanx AKS for sane advice.

    My Two page post got lost in transmission or eaten by virus in Comp.

    Here r the MOOT points:

    History is written by Victorious, but does not make Hitler a Hero, nor the Chinese saint. Take Chini media with a Sackful of Black salt, and Western media with a itsy pinch of salt.

    By Chine yardstick, India would stretch from Samarquand to the Eastern Coast in Pacific through Tibet.

    In Kashmir, hand ful of violation AMPLIFIED BY MEDIA & pakis- In Tibet a silent cultural and physical Genocide.

    Pakis trying to change their INDIAN identiti to ARAB while Sinhalese r forgetting they migrated from India few centuries before Tamils - The basic problem.

    Hindsight explained by AKS.
    TRY to action rather than Noise - the great Indian thought.
    CommentQuote
  • Even magarpatta did not water.
    CommentQuote
  • India got divided be'coz it had to. Some Isamlist did not want to be part of secular India and wanted separate country.
    India could never had lived in peace with such people. It is better such radicals left to Pakistan.
    Look at the current state of Pakistan. I think the notion of undivided INDIA is foolish.

    Don't know how strong China is Remember they were butchered by Japanese.
    CommentQuote
  • So

    Whats that got to do with water? See in most african and asian countries its difficult to have a focussed discussion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hitmady
    India got divided be'coz it had to. Some Isamlist did not want to be part of secular India and wanted separate country.
    India could never had lived in peace with such people. It is better such radicals left to Pakistan.

    That's where we went wrong. Had it been likes of Sardar, these Jinnah swine would have been butchered right over there. Once this was done, all those who wanted independent Islamic country would have been killed & no one would have dared to raise his/her ugly head again.

    Abraham Lincoln killed thousands of people who wanted to divide USA. When asked about this, he said, "We killed several people but in the future not a single person would raise his head to divide the country." Look where US is today & where it would have been if divided.

    For a moment even if I accept what you say, are they letting us leave in peace? No. Then what did f*** we gained? Nothing.

    It is attitude like yours which make India weaker. If it goes this way, we won't see India even under a microscope.

    Don't know how strong China is Remember they were butchered by Japanese.
    What if a war breaks out today? Japan would be a part of Pacific ocean!:D
    Where do we stand today? Can't even carry out surgical strikes inside Pak? Look at Israel (one of my fav countries) especially Mossad. They carry out targeted assassination inside Palestine, Syria etc. They even kidnapped one mole from Italy & got him to Haifa. No extradition treaty, no interpol nothing. Why can't we do so when terrorists leader move around freely in Pak? Because consistently, we have spineless Govt. full of eunuchs.
    Today, Pak is the gun, China is the hand & gulabchand said," Hindi-Chini bhai-bahi", while current PM MMS said," Minorities have first right on our resources." Are we 3rd grade citizens in our own country?

    Even today, our PM, MMS after getting up in the morning calls up 10 Janpath & asks, "Kaunsi baniyan pehnu, madamjii?":D
    CommentQuote
  • There are historical reasons to USA being number one.
    1. USA is never attacked, has been independent for >150 years and is pretty isolated land compared to INDIA.
    2. Due to above, it has much matured systems in place.
    3. Due to all above it has been able to attract geniuses and best of breed to work and prosper.
    First 2 points are valid for Japan as well.

    I consider Sardar a great leader but what great can be achieved by forcing people with taliban mentality to be in INDIA?
    One should think practically, and see the state Pakistan for evidence.

    I think if we can solve the population problem then 90% of problem (Roti, Kapda and Makaan) will disappear.
    No country can sustain addition of 2 cr people every year.
    CommentQuote