Dear forum intellects

I have recently bought an apartment in Sapphire park in Balewadi built by the Amit Builders. From their description of their previous projects and the quality of construction, I was impressed enough to commit myself to buying one.

I shall be grateful to those who would be kind enough to share their experiences about transactions with Amit builders in recent times particularly with regards to Sapphire Park in Balewdi.

This may also help build an online community before we actually move into the place. Views and opinions of people from other people are also welcome into this thread.

Raj
Read more
310 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by purevision
    Hi Guys, I came to this forum when I tried searching for Sapphire Park delayed possession in Google. Heartning to see there are many people who are willing to share their experiences. I want to share some facts. I own a flat in Sapphire Park in Symphony Building. Me, my family had bought this flat after lot of dlibrations and calibrations. We liked their plans when we first show the project. I booked atfer atleast a year. Someone may call me a fool as I paid eintire money in December 2007 as ADF. Well, I did't knew the future at that time :p. I could have saved lot of money. I still like the project though I am suffering due to delayed possession. I would still endorse the quality of work. I will still endorse the builder for transperency while booking. Well, I do because I have experienced other builders in Pune. I belong to a family who are into construction line and I know the difference in quality. Yes, builder has faced troubles due to recession and I am one of the victims (may be the worst of all) but I think the area is taking a great shape and the project in particular will be jewel in the crown when it completes. I would advice buyers to get promises of builders written in agreement and weigh it with netral lawyer. My agreement was showing possession date 31-oct-08. I am still waiting. I believe my wait will be worth as I will be getting a home of dreams of my family.

Dear Purevision

Sorry to hear that you are having to wait so long for the possession. I sincerely hope that your perseverence will make this wait worthwhile. I agree that the quality of the construction has been of good standards as far as my observations go. It is not strange for some builders to play the game of - '' Give me the money first- You can worry about the possession''.

I knew from the begining that they play this game and may be I was prepared for the wait for a yer or so. I have bought mine in Symphony as well. You never know we may be next door neighbours in the near future.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Guys, I came to this forum when I tried searching for Sapphire Park delayed possession in Google. Heartning to see there are many people who are willing to share their experiences. I want to share some facts. I own a flat in Sapphire Park in Symphony Building. Me, my family had bought this flat after lot of dlibrations and calibrations. We liked their plans when we first show the project. I booked atfer atleast a year. Someone may call me a fool as I paid eintire money in December 2007 as ADF. Well, I did't knew the future at that time :p. I could have saved lot of money. I still like the project though I am suffering due to delayed possession. I would still endorse the quality of work. I will still endorse the builder for transperency while booking. Well, I do because I have experienced other builders in Pune. I belong to a family who are into construction line and I know the difference in quality. Yes, builder has faced troubles due to recession and I am one of the victims (may be the worst of all) but I think the area is taking a great shape and the project in particular will be jewel in the crown when it completes. I would advice buyers to get promises of builders written in agreement and weigh it with netral lawyer. My agreement was showing possession date 31-oct-08. I am still waiting. I believe my wait will be worth as I will be getting a home of dreams of my family.

What is the current status of this project (% completion), do you think your dream will come true by 31st Oct???
    If that is not the case, you have poor vision, you should not recommend this to forum members, we hate delays and chalta-hai kind of things.
    CommentQuote

I respect your decision. I know the project is good when you look at floor plan and other stuff. But is it really worth considering the location / cost etc. I am not sure ! I am very much surpised that you are ok with delayed possession as well.

Anyways, two questions for you (this is for my sake only) -
    1. Are you from IT ? Working in Hinjewadi somewhere ?
    2. Is Pune your home town ?
    CommentQuote
  • By the way, ="http://www.bloomfield.co.in"]www.bloomfield.co.in is no more !! is no more !!
    CommentQuote
    My agreement was showing possession date 31-oct-08. I am still waiting. I believe my wait will be worth

u r login name is Punevision COOL :-) :)
    CommentQuote

Appreciate your patience. Didn't you claim any compensation? Why not take him to court & issue show cause notice?
    No doubt about the architecture which went into this project, but seems I need to have a JEEP like those in Wild Safari parks to travel here.

As monds rightly said, it is now time to give up CHALTA HAI attitude.
    Btw, as you are in construction line, did you get any special discounts?
    Any further discounts due to ADF? Btw, it's surprising that a builder got conned by other builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monds
    What is the current status of this project (% completion), do you think your dream will come true by 31st Oct???
    If that is not the case, you have poor vision, you should not recommend this to forum members, we hate delays and chalta-hai kind of things.

Possession date mentioned in agreement as 31st oct,2008 & they are not able to complete it by 31st oct,2009...I think you should ask him 1 year rent for delay....But from ur post its looks like that u have surplus money to donate to builder....If you have surplus money & if u wanna donate it then Please donate it to some Noble cause then "Bloodsucking" Builders
    CommentQuote

I agree that the quality of construction is Good in SP...But I think in Pune quality of construction of other builders is SO BAD due to that Amit enterprise able to sell SP at rate 3200 (Mind it their max possible rate was 3600 & 3200 is ONLY 10-12% less than the peak rate, when in other projects rate has gone down by at least 20-30% in Pune....) in this recession time that in an underdeveloped area, nothing is there around SP as of now & even dont have decent approach raod right now & if you go in night there then u will see all Dark around as there is no Street light either anywhere near SP....

I liked SP very much, but dropped to book there due to above mentioned reasons & I am not going to pay not more than 2700 for SP .....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    I agree that the quality of construction is Good in SP...But I think in Pune quality of construction of other builders is SO BAD due to that Amit enterprise able to sell SP at rate 3200 (Mind it their max possible rate was 3600 & 3200 is ONLY 10-12% less than the peak rate, when in other projects rate has gone down by at least 20-30% in Pune....) in this recession time that in an underdeveloped area, nothing is there around SP as of now & even dont have decent approach raod right now & if you go in night there then u will see all Dark around as there is no Street light either anywhere near SP....

I liked SP very much, but dropped to book there due to above mentioned reasons & I am not going to pay not more than 2700 for SP .....

perfect. I agree with you on this except 2500 would be my price. Well I still be paying 300 more, but would be ok to do so looking at plans.
    CommentQuote
  • Good & Bad quality are very relative terms. there should be some grading system which reveals exactly the quality of construction. there are many trades like rcc, brickwork, plaster, pop, tiling, electrical, plumbing, painting as well as fire fighting, rain water harvesting, stp which are to be scrutinised in a systematic manner to know the quality consciousness of the builder.
    CQRA is one firm who undertakes such audit & inspection. so one should see whether the project is CQRA certified or not.

sam...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sam2008
    Good & Bad quality are very relative terms. there should be some grading system which reveals exactly the quality of construction. there are many trades like rcc, brickwork, plaster, pop, tiling, electrical, plumbing, painting as well as fire fighting, rain water harvesting, stp which are to be scrutinised in a systematic manner to know the quality consciousness of the builder.
    CQRA is one firm who undertakes such audit & inspection. so one should see whether the project is CQRA certified or not.

sam...

Another thing which can be done:- See old projects of the builder & think whether they will last till the end of your home loan tenure:D.
    CommentQuote
  • Amit Builders now again Back on 3200

2-3 weeks back I had visited Sapphire park and salesperson proudly tired ot tell me that now that demand have increased, they have hiked the rates from 3200 to 3400.

and was giving me attitude that "this is your last chance" to buy such a nice property at such low rate.

I supressed my urge to hit him hard and came back.

this sunday i visited the property exhibition
    CommentQuote
  • so they quoted 3200 at exhibition?
    CommentQuote
  • Well, if demand has increased, why book a stall at exhibii at first place?:D I am also seeing lot of ads of Amit in various newspapers too including their old project of 9 Treasure Park, Santnagar.

What is surprising is that builders say they got overwhelming response at exhibii, yet keep sales office open. In sales office, they say demand has increased but they participate in various exhibii. Now what does this mean? Either the builders are lying or they have infinite flats up for sale.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Well, if demand has increased, why book a stall at exhibii at first place?:D I am also seeing lot of ads of Amit in various newspapers too including their old project of 9 Treasure Park, Santnagar.

What is surprising is that builders say they got overwhelming response at exhibii, yet keep sales office open. In sales office, they say demand has increased but they participate in various exhibii. Now what does this mean? Either the builders are lying or they have infinite flats up for sale.

''Never ask a barber if you need a haircut''
    CommentQuote