I know that there might be similar threads here ... but it wud be helpful if you put in here when people are actually thinking of investing ..this year....coming 3 months ...or not until next year ...

I am still not sure if the prices have stabilized now ... i still hope they wud reduce in the coming months ....
Read more
32 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by thatsnick001
    I know that there might be similar threads here ... but it wud be helpful if you put in here when people are actually thinking of investing ..this year....coming 3 months ...or not until next year ...

I am still not sure if the prices have stabilized now ... i still hope they wud reduce in the coming months ....

Just wondering - whay are you interested to know when people are investing.
    For sure, next one year (at least) is going to be flat with very less purchased flats :)
    Better stay away and watch... I am more than 200% sure that rates will not increase in the next 2 years, so you have enough time to time the market when it bottom out... good luck
    CommentQuote
  • Rates increasing now. I know rates were Rs 2200-2500 in the month of March 09 and everybody was waiting to still go down. Then it started upward. Everybody was saying dont invest, etc...I booked at 2750 and the current rate is 3200. So, its up to individuals requirement. If you can affort and want to live there, i would suggest to go for it. In general, the indian as well as global market is moving upwards....After all, no country / nobody want to live in slowdown for more than 2 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Narasinha008
    Rates increasing now. I know rates were Rs 2200-2500 in the month of March 09 and everybody was waiting to still go down. Then it started upward. Everybody was saying dont invest, etc...I booked at 2750 and the current rate is 3200. So, its up to individuals requirement. If you can affort and want to live there, i would suggest to go for it. In general, the indian as well as global market is moving upwards....After all, no country / nobody want to live in slowdown for more than 2 years.

Which scheme and location you booked in???
    CommentQuote
  • i dont see any increae in rates.. may be some effect created by builder lobby itself.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Rates are at bottom of the price curve right now. I guess buying in another 2 months would be a good thing. I dont see prices coming below than what we are seeing today :)
    CommentQuote
  • Rates will continue to fall further. Everywhere in India including metros, tier-1 & tier-2 cities, rates have fallen by a min. of 40%. As this has not happened yet, rates will continue to fall. Not to forget that Pune has highest number of inventory in all of India! The vacant flats in Pune are far more than even Mumbai!:D Another aspect is that the builders here are locals & not big pocket ones, who too have decreased the rates. Pune builders are indeed selling at lower prices through backdoor channels.

For those, where prices have increased, atleast let us know the scheme/project name. You should cash in on this opportunity & sell it off making some neat profit!!:D C'mon guy's such poor marketing gimmicks won't trick the buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

For those, where prices have increased, atleast let us know the scheme/project name. You should cash in on this opportunity & sell it off making some neat profit!!:D C'mon guy's such poor marketing gimmicks won't trick the buyers.

Well said ...
    The thing is, i was considering this scenario :
    Consider that noone purchases a single flat in the coming 6 months or another year . Obviously the rates will fall ....
    But banks and other financial institutions have taken such infra as mortgages while giving out loans .... what if the loan is not repaid and the value of the mortgaged flat becomes less than the loan value itself....
    I guess this was the main reason of collapse of banks in US...
    One more thing.. Like realacres mentioned sometime back ... the land owners cud have asked for more price when the bubble was growing... and now builders might not have enuf to consolidate their own balances...

So the point I am trying to make is ... how do we know that this market has bottomed out ...and the builder is not quoting prepostorous amounts.. ??
    CommentQuote
  • If we consider prices to go down, what can be the major factors?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shrikant Vaggu
    If we consider prices to go down, what can be the major factors?

It has been already discussed on various threads. Let us know why do you think prices won't go down.
    CommentQuote
  • Price Rise

The price rise has been not due to any high demand but due to buyer insecurity and bldr greed.

Looking at the enfolding scenario, expecting good discounts in Diwali, increased pressure on bldrs due elections.

Once New tax code becomes much more public, then u will see the dumping thats in medium terms.

Its a stagnant mkt, mainly due to buyer expectation and bldrs reluctance to c the truth of no sales.
    CommentQuote
  • I think we have not see bottom yet, wait for election in Maharashtra (till nov-drc) I think we will see another at least 10% drop to current prices...& I think rate around 2200+-200 would the rate in most of the ares around hinjewadi...like PS/WAKAD/Bner-Balewadi...So I think one has to wait at least till dec'09 before finalizing anything...
    CommentQuote
  • rates r improving in many areas. even i hd seen sales happening at various sites. i think this is the right time to book or there r chances to see more increment in coming months expecially in diwali period.

sam....
    CommentQuote
  • I See no price drop for the past 9 months in pammal. Flat rate are stable. There are more flats coming up and people are buying it.
    CommentQuote
  • ^^ pammal.. where in Pune ??

:D
    CommentQuote
  • This is the problem with the Greedy Builder. When ever people think of buying they will create hype and increase the price. They dont have any ethic in the business, and our good beloved Market analyst also support the falls hype. Hope people will not rush and make them self fool once again as they did 2 years back. I see in Bangalore there are thousands of Flat lying empty from past few months... Hope this should be like that for another few months too.
    CommentQuote