Hi all,
I'm evaluating a project where 2 buiildings are already ready possesion, 2 are under construction and overall layout has offering of couple more buildings which will be launched later. This project has all the ameneties more or less ready - now my question is residents pay 2 years of maitenance cost to builider while taking possession. Now in this case, different buildings will get possession at different time (assuming bldg 1 - got ready in 2013, 2 in 2014, 3 in 2015, 4 in 2016) so till when maintenace of common amenities be handled by the builder?
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • This is a good question.

IMO,
    Builder takes 2 years advance maintenance at say Rs 1.5 /sq ft
    Now lets say Bldg 1 possession is May 2013..
    After May 2015, builder will take additional monthly maintenanacewhich may be higher rate per sq ft than Rs. 1.5 /sq ft. he will take this till the time he hands it over to the society.

Now the interesting thing is Lets say People in building 4 got possesion in May 2016. Still the builder would have taken advance 2years maintenance at Rs. 1.5 sqft from them nonetheless.
    Lets say the builder transfers to society in July 2016.
    Here is the grey area... Now people in building 4 will have to work with society to ensure that they dont have to pay maintenace for next 22 months.. Or even if they have to pay then they should pay only difference if there is any increase from Rs. 1.5 /sq ft

Originally Posted by HMM1978
    Hi all,
    I'm evaluating a project where 2 buiildings are already ready possesion, 2 are under construction and overall layout has offering of couple more buildings which will be launched later. This project has all the ameneties more or less ready - now my question is residents pay 2 years of maitenance cost to builider while taking possession. Now in this case, different buildings will get possession at different time (assuming bldg 1 - got ready in 2013, 2 in 2014, 3 in 2015, 4 in 2016) so till when maintenace of common amenities be handled by the builder?
    CommentQuote
  • If builder is going to form different societies within the project, like Samrajya, Kothrud, then there is no issue. But if all buildings are going to be in single society later, then buyers in last phases will have most risk. However, if builder is good, he may form society & hand-over this 2 yr advance maintenance to society against which society will not charge anything to those flat buyers in later phases. But more often it is seen that it is builder who takes maintenance money & later stage flat buyers end up paying more than rest.

Best to see what agreement mentions & then proceed once doubts are cleared. If builder had done similar construction before, see how he dealt with maintenance money in his previous projects.
    CommentQuote