Last updated: January 14 2014
18 | Posts
2627 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Connection query

Hi,

I have one query regarding gas connection. I didn't find any relevant thread for this.

If a new society is having piped-gas connection, can individuals still avail their separate gas connection (for backup purposes) ? Also, if some individual in the same society already had his own gas connection, does he need to surrender it in order to avail piped-gas connection ?

I just talked with the builder and he said there is no issue in both the cases. I'm now confused.

Thanks.

Re : Gas Connection query

I have a similar query.

I have my own cylinder gas connection while the society I am about to move in has Piped gas supply.
    Do I need to surrender my cylinder connection before I can avail piped gas facility

Comment

From my experience, if you have piped gas, then the agency will not issue you a new connection. Also if you have existing connection and if society has pipe gas, then agency will ask you to surrender your existing connection.
      THis is from my personal experience also with another friends' experience with Indane. Not sure about other agencies

Originally posted by chaman007 View Post
      Hi,

I have one query regarding gas connection. I didn't find any relevant thread for this.

If a new society is having piped-gas connection, can individuals still avail their separate gas connection (for backup purposes) ? Also, if some individual in the same society already had his own gas connection, does he need to surrender it in order to avail piped-gas connection ?

I just talked with the builder and he said there is no issue in both the cases. I'm now confused.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by honest View Post
        From my experience, if you have piped gas, then the agency will not issue you a new connection. Also if you have existing connection and if society has pipe gas, then agency will ask you to surrender your existing connection.
        THis is from my personal experience also with another friends' experience with Indane. Not sure about other agencies
        Thanks for your reply Honest.

On Bharat Gas website I saw a request made to Piped-gas customers to surrender their gas connections. I'm confused whether it's mandatory or voluntary.

Comment

In my case what happened was, I had a Bharat Gas connection when I stayed in Katraj in a Society which didnot have Pipe Gas Facility, but when I moved to wakad on rent here the society had piped gas so I kept the Bharat Gas connection as it is and started using Pipe Gas with no issues.

But you see the Pipe Gas connection is a costly affair...my regular cylinder of 14.2 kg lasts me 1.5 month and I pay approx 450 for refill....with this pipe gas i get an approx bill of 650 every month...with hardly 10 kg of Gas Use...their charges are absurd...

So in my current society there are many people who have stopped using / rejected the pipe gas connection and use normal bottled cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by raptorminty View Post
            In my case what happened was, I had a Bharat Gas connection when I stayed in Katraj in a Society which didnot have Pipe Gas Facility, but when I moved to wakad on rent here the society had piped gas so I kept the Bharat Gas connection as it is and started using Pipe Gas with no issues.

But you see the Pipe Gas connection is a costly affair...my regular cylinder of 14.2 kg lasts me 1.5 month and I pay approx 450 for refill....with this pipe gas i get an approx bill of 650 every month...with hardly 10 kg of Gas Use...their charges are absurd...

So in my current society there are many people who have stopped using / rejected the pipe gas connection and use normal bottled cylinders.
            Thanks for your reply raptorminty.
            Other could you please share your experience on this if the piped gas connection is more expensive than regular cylinder connection.
            What I have heard is the other way round. Piped gas connection being cheaper than the cylinder one and even government encouraging piped gas.
            Its safer too.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmanish View Post
              Thanks for your reply raptorminty.
              Other could you please share your experience on this if the piped gas connection is more expensive than regular cylinder connection.
              What I have heard is the other way round. Piped gas connection being cheaper than the cylinder one and even government encouraging piped gas.
              Its safer too.

No...piped gas is costly as they used to charge me approx 65 Rs per Kg and Service Tax and other charges as extra, i consistently used to get around 650 to 750 rs bill every month for just 10 to 11 kgs of gas usage.

The only positive thing about piped gas is its safe and convenient. you dont need to worry about refills etc...

Comment

LPG vs NG

Their are two type of pipe gas available LPG and Natural GAS.

If its NG then you don't have storage bank in society premises and is safe as well as cheaper then LPG(non subsidised) .

Natural Gas is provided by :: Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited :: in Pune and cost Rs21-23 per unit. monthly cost for 5 member is Rs 500/-.

Comment

The economics of Piped gas over Gas Cylinder is purely based on consumtion pattern. If the consumtion is low then it turns out to be cheaper but if consumtion is high it is expensive than subsidized cylinders for equivalent amount of usage.

Comment

Simple solution :-

Take piped gas connection on that person's name who doesn't has cylinder in his/her name. Also, if possible taken gas connection from different oil company.
                    Eg. If piped gas is Indane/Indian oil, take cylinder from BPCL !!
                    In my place where I currently stay, we had issues with piped gas quality service so now using cylinder only. So, if society is new, better use cylinder only & once proper agreement is in place, proceed. Note that subsidy cash transfer is still hanging mid-air.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X