Last updated: 4 weeks ago
15 | Posts
11212 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundproof Windows Usefulness

hi friends

I would like to know the information about soundproof windows.
    My current home is in somewhat noisy area in pune and in last couple of years due to traffic and other noise we feel uncomfortable due to the noise. That is the only drawback.
    Lately, I heard from my friend that there are soundproof windows available which reduces the external noise. I searched on Google and saw there few vendors in pune who deal into it.

Does anyone on this forum have used it and what is their experience. Does it really work as it intend to.

It will be great help of you in this

Re : Soundproof Windows Usefulness

Nosy neighbourhood

Let's face it,noise pollution is a part of your every day life.Be it fighter aircraft in the skies of Pune,kalyan mandaps etc noise permeates every part of our life,deprives us of sleep and rest.
    One of my friends in Mumbai uses Fenesta double glazed windows and he is happy with noise reduction.
    There may be other options also which can be checked out.But I would suggest contact Fenesta and see the options and Prices also.Pricing is quite high in my opinion and I have not purchased this due to the price factor only,though otherwise performance,noise reduction etc I am satisfied with what I saw in the flat at Mumbai.It was useful to prevent water also from coming in during rains.No harm discussing with company representatives.
    Probably double glass with soft rubber lining the gap between window and window frame where it is fitted can help.This will be much cheaper option than Fenesta.Some local carpenter can be called to make he windows.

Comment

My friend lives right next to the highway and he got sound proof windows installed. Since then, there has been a remarkable decrease in noise. Pros and cons, i am not sure. If you want i can ask him.

Comment

I live on busy Nagar road highway.
        Even with simple sliding glass window there is remarkable difference in noisa with windows open and close.
        Sound proof windows fittings are very useful and much better and can solve your purpose.
        Go for it.

Comment

Sound proof windows not only help cut the sound drastically but is very good in preventing water coming in. If budget permits, go for tinted glass with atleast 60% elimination in UV rays. This will help in getting only light & less heat, which will keep house cooler & reduce load on ACs too.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
            Let's face it,noise pollution is a part of your every day life.Be it fighter aircraft in the skies of Pune,kalyan mandaps etc noise permeates every part of our life,deprives us of sleep and rest.
            One of my friends in Mumbai uses Fenesta double glazed windows and he is happy with noise reduction.
            There may be other options also which can be checked out.But I would suggest contact Fenesta and see the options and Prices also.Pricing is quite high in my opinion and I have not purchased this due to the price factor only,though otherwise performance,noise reduction etc I am satisfied with what I saw in the flat at Mumbai.It was useful to prevent water also from coming in during rains.No harm discussing with company representatives.
            Probably double glass with soft rubber lining the gap between window and window frame where it is fitted can help.This will be much cheaper option than Fenesta.Some local carpenter can be called to make he windows.
            Thanks Vaibhav and realacres for your quick response.
            My house is just 1000 sq. feet and has 5 windows(3 X 4 feet average) I think it makes sense to use good product as one time cost if the performance of Fenesta is good.

I will check upon that...
            meanwhile if you could talk to your friend and check pricing then that is added input for me

Comment

While you are waiting for the new windows...use good quality ear plugs at night.

Comment

Fenesta and sound prrof windows

The local representative of Fenesta can be called and quotes obtained.Local carpenter can be sounded out and possibility of double glass with rubber lining can be explored and costs compared.Fenesta has advantage of preventing rain water from coming in. I am impressed by Fenesta and its effectiveness.See whether are other alternatives by reputed firms.Lingel is a German product which will be pricey but effective.Veka is yet another German company dealing in similar line of products.Talk to them and see.Sometimes a local carpenter may give you a cheaper and equally effective solution.
                Try it out and see you will have a less nosier place to live in.

Comment

How much is it going to cost? I have been thinking about it for a while and was wondering how much dent it's going to make on my pocket. Please also advise about how much time it would take to get it done. Is it a one day job or will take a lot of time?

Comment

Fenesta windows

Originally posted by Conseco View Post
                    How much is it going to cost? I have been thinking about it for a while and was wondering how much dent it's going to make on my pocket. Please also advise about how much time it would take to get it done. Is it a one day job or will take a lot of time?
                    Cost is going to vary depending on the type of windows and size of windows etc.
                    I have seen a Fenesta dealer in east street near Victory cinema.Probably a visit or rep can be called to assess costs.
                    It is worth installing sound proof windows and doors if you are staying a noisy environment and need to have relative peace and quiet.
                    Even a local carpenter can fix double glass windows with rubber lining and reduce sounds.Try all angles out for comfort in your house.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X