Hello Folks - I have a flat in hinjewadi and worndering if pune is a good place for buyinng another property as well. I know that property rates have gone up in the last 5 years in pune, but will the same trend continue for next 5-10 years.
I stay in Hyderabad and appreciation in real estate is not that great here.
So, I dont want to invest in hyderabad.

ANy thoughts ?
Read more
250 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Well I never had preconceived notions as I never been to pune before or anyone of my known person.
    By the way why would anyone disrespect a petrol pump guy or a barabar or a vegetable wala whom you never even seen before in life?

My experience is the opposite - these low paid uneducated guys actually prefer non local customers because they generally do not negotiate and pay whatever amount is asked for any product or service .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    My experience is the opposite - these low paid uneducated guys actually prefer non local customers because they generally do not negotiate and pay whatever amount is asked for any product or service .

Do you live in Wakad?
    CommentQuote
    as I said in pune if don't speak marathi your are shown that you are not welcome here

Sir you are most welcome in our city irrespective of your preferred language.
    My below points are not directed to you in person just random thoughts.

I am born Punekar. There is no reason to hate people who are not native Punekars.
    My only kind suggestion would be, please try to speak in Marathi, even partial Marathi will do, not mandatory but it definitely feels good.

Be affectionate towards Pune as your home city that’s all we need.
    PS - I can speak Gujrathi, Hindi Marathi, bit Kannada and English, I am not averse to any language.
    CommentQuote
    Do you live in Wakad?

Lived in Wakad and Pimple Saudagar for a few years .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SmithAggarwa
    Yes, it is. In Pune you will find the best builders like Karia developers. Their timely services, creative designs make them the best builders in Pune. You can go for such builders, if you are thinking of investing 2nd time.

New member..

2 posts till date..apparently praising the same builder.
    CommentQuote
  • When we talk of Pune as a good investment place,then we need to see many factors-roads,water,traffic,facilities.schools,markets,hospitals etc.
    Pune is in the news for Smart city.The concept of smart city is being milked for publicity value,but on ground:Unruly cars, hawkers near Swargate a bane for pedestrians: NGO - Times of India
    This is but one example of Pune.I really wonder how project planners and city planners over look what happens on paper and real life.
    I can plan the best city on paper but running it on ground is totally different.
    I do not consider Pune a place for flat investment.
    For self stay yes you have no choice but investment flats do not given adequate ROI and add to that innumerable problems of tenants,tax,police verification,society permissions make it an unattractive proposition.
    Water is another big issue.
    This year so far rains are inadequate.
    I would invest in a water tanker and give to the local dada on hire and that will be a good business supplying water(it is another thing to get yur vehicle back and timely hiring charges) but conceptually it is ok.
    You will get hiring charges in cash and even no tax has to be paid.:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Try this sir...Give a little respect and you'll get more respect in return . Dont have pre concieved notions about anybody and you'll enjoy your stay here .

A small incident today showing the discrimination.
    My kaam wali is sick for last two days so I asked another bai who works next door to clean the utensils for one day, she said she will charge 100 for one time.
    I was shocked because I pay 1200 per month for that and that is the rate in the society, these uneducated have a peculiar sense to exploit the situation, I have only seen this kind of attitude at shamshan ghat where the dom squeezes you to the death literally when it comes to money.
    Now whatever respect I had for pune it's slipping fast.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • stocksurgeon3 years ago
      Do u give health insurance, retirement plan to your maid? if not, you are exploiting her!
  • rohit_warren;

Servants have been exploited for generations and now it is payback time in literal sense.
    Many families -both husband -wife work and they have become so dependent on domestic helps,that they are ready to pay extra or any amount.
    This also results in spiralling demands.
    Bais see the lavish life style of people and their desire/demand also goes up.
    Exorbitant demands is not Pune phenomena alone,it is all over India.
    Unless and until we are ready to do the washing,cleaning ourselves we will remain hostage to domestic helps.
    CommentQuote
  • not in delhi ncr as far as my decades of experience goes, I told you I have losing my respect for pune - it's like exploite where ever or however you can, don't give a damn to others if mods allow it it's like Fxx k and Kick :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • My strategy would be to use 1st home as investment and use 2nd home for self use.
    CommentQuote
    My kaam wali is sick for last two days so I asked another bai who works next door to clean the utensils for one day, she said she will charge 100 for one time.
    I was shocked because I pay 1200 per month for that and that is the rate in the society, these uneducated have a peculiar sense to exploit the situation, I have only seen this kind of attitude at shamshan ghat where the dom squeezes you to the death literally when it comes to money.

is "another bai who works next door " is charging less than 100 to others?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sj2013
    is "another bai who works next door " is charging less than 100 to others?

Yes that's what made me angry
    CommentQuote

I would call it extortion rather than discrimination and if it makes you feel good i'm sure many have gone through this and similar situations - this is not a limited to pune phenomenon , it is everywhere - everybody is running after money thru whatever means possible .
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • stocksurgeon3 years ago
      Do u give health insurance, ......retirement plan to your maid? if not, you are exploiting her!
  • I would not consider Pune of investment at all. I would rather go for Navi Mumbai where rates are on par with pune but infrastructure is far better
    CommentQuote
  • TRAFFIC GRINDS TO A HALT - Pune Mirror
    Seeing these pictures,Pune is not a destination for investment.
    CommentQuote