Collapse

Sarthi Shilp near Ekalavya college

Last updated: August 28 2010
49 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Sarthi Shilp near Ekalavya college

Marriage with Ramesh or his Self-owned Flat?

Hi Ramesh,

Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to offend you. However are you looking for a Bride who wants to marry you for who you are or for what you own. You very well meet most of the expected criteria for a Decent Groom in an Arranged Marriage set-up.

I am very much against the Bride being interested to know what my take home is, my net worth and so on and so forth. She has to first like me as a Human Being - Character, Values, Education, etc in that order. Well these are my personal opinions and am happy that I married this Girl(Arranged Marriage) who never asked me anything about these things that I despise. I just told her to believe in me and at that time I didn't have anything to call of my own. All that she told me after marriage a couple of times is that we should have a house of our own, thats all. Four years down and my net worth today stands at 75 Lacs+ including a beautiful house...

She is still the same and so am I and it makes me Happy. Happiness is all that matters Dear Ramesh. Am sure you want to marry because you have chosen to and feel that it will make you happier.......

Cheers,

NT

Comment

Originally posted by perrenialquest View Post
      Hi Ramesh,

Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to offend you. However are you looking for a Bride who wants to marry you for who you are or for what you own. You very well meet most of the expected criteria for a Decent Groom in an Arranged Marriage set-up.

I am very much against the Bride being interested to know what my take home is, my net worth and so on and so forth. She has to first like me as a Human Being - Character, Values, Education, etc in that order. Well these are my personal opinions and am happy that I married this Girl(Arranged Marriage) who never asked me anything about these things that I despise. I just told her to believe in me and at that time I didn't have anything to call of my own. All that she told me after marriage a couple of times is that we should have a house of our own, thats all. Four years down and my net worth today stands at 75 Lacs+ including a beautiful house...

She is still the same and so am I and it makes me Happy. Happiness is all that matters Dear Ramesh. Am sure you want to marry because you have chosen to and feel that it will make you happier.......

Cheers,

NT
      In arraged marriage does the bride get time to know the groom in person.??????
      It is really sad but true that these r the deciding factors these days.
      No one ask u directly about these thing.(if u want to marry a girl from city then they will ask u for bank balance).

Between this thead is about some Sarathi project I guess.........

Comment

I completely agree with abeer 100%.
        Hi Ramesh,

Cheers,

NT
        +1 to this as well. Man, you pined down what I had in my mind . Never marry the person who sees you based on the clothes which you wear & fortunately, I am able to hide what I do from most of the people around, so they always under-estimate me, which in turn proves to be useful to check how the person is & this I am not saying based from marriage perspective but as a human being in general. I have multiple types of watches, goggles, sho_es, cell fones etc. & use the specific ones based on the location the people whom I visit. To judge some person, always carry the most normal things which you have & then see the response, it helps .

Man, if people respect you because of your clothes, then what have you earned in REAL TERMS? Nothing.

Focus on 'Sirat' rather than 'Surat'. Buy if it makes you happy without over-leveraging, but if you are buying to increase your TAG PRICE, then it is bad decision. Seen couple of cases where a girl ditched her boy friend just because she got some richer option, but you know these type of people can be PURCHASED OUTRIGHT (I call them 'The Disposable Types, use & throw), settle with someone who will not leave you for infinite sum of money & gets hitched not because of your bank balance.

I know this is not directly related to RE but it is to your life, & life is more important than RE. Think.....
        If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

50% down payment

Originally posted by puser View Post
          Ramesh, don't take EMI more than 1/3rd of your take home income; thats only advice I can give as you're buying for your own sake
          EMI can change depending on how much down payment you do. Good way to know what house anyone affords at any point of time, is 2 times your current savings.

If you managed to save(on your own) 20L so far, you afford 40L house. If this includes Onsite or Inherited money, I would add only 25% of that amount towards to my savings to know what I afford..

This is a thumb rule I follow to know what budget/house I afford at any point of time. Assumption is one is going to work/earn for the rest of the home loan tenure.

Comment

Arranged marriage

I am very much against the Bride being interested to know what my take home is, my net worth and so on and so forth. She has to first like me as a Human Being - Character, Values, Education, etc in that order.

I dont think Ramesh said mentioning take home salary will help for his marriage. He said having a home will help for his marriage.

I think this definitely helps, since it does not matter what you and I think, it matters what girl's father thinks.

A girls father is definitely interested in having a general idea(not detailed) of your financial health along with other aspects.

You will understand tomorrow when you become father of a girl ready for marriage

Note: I am not a father of a girl to be married, I am just thinking after getting in their father's s.hoes.
            Last edited by RAJESHP; August 25 2010, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kothrud_pune View Post
              Most of the times..u will get negative feedbacks on this forum.....but I am really surprised to see that from Abeer who has invested in property
              Blame it on the current turbulent time, not the forum.
              Same forum will talk +ve when things are positive for Pune RE.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post
                Blame it on the current turbulent time, not the forum.
                Same forum will talk +ve when things are positive for Pune RE.

Good luck to you.
                Hope that Diwali or Holi will come soon...

Comment

Eklavya college location is very well placed now..it is not far from Guruganeshnagar & Vrindawan Societies, which are quite old. Also note that a lot of local buses start from the Eklavya college bus stop, which is very convenient. I think it is an excellent location if it fits within your budget. I had checked Saarthi Shilp but was not very enthusiastic about the rates as I was looking for an investment (i.e. if I buy at say 4500 will it be 9000 in 5 yrs...possibly not). For you, it is your first home, so you will have different considerations.

I agree that if you get a good resale deal, you should go for it. I think you might get some good ones in Mahatma Society, so check with local agents, or the local ads in Sakaal.

Pl. note that most of the members here already have their own flats, so dont take all the comments at face value. I respect the opinions of many of the contributors here, but be sure that if there is a real good deal (ratewise), no one is going to publish it here, but get it for themselves. So, take all the opinions in stride, verify the location for yourself, if you feel it fits in your budget, go for it. For financial advice, go to a CA, he can best tell you about how much you should be able to afford now and in the future.

Another point, in Kothrud in 2003-4, rates were 1000-1200, and not 2000. eg. Vatsalyanagari in Kothrud went for 1050-1200 around that time, and now, when the builder (Nandan) built another building in the same area, flats sold for 4000-4500, a year ago. So that will give the kind of appreciation this area has seen. I dont think it will rise with the same speed, but these are the rates here now, like them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                    Well, I think on following lines:-

If the price seems good to you & you can buy without compromising your current lifestyle & savings, go ahead & buy. Issue kicks in when people buy with loan for 20-25 yrs, with 85-90% loan without considering expenses post marriage, kids, retirement incomes, holidays etc. While buying a house, one needs to think bare minimum for 10 yrs.

If these conditions are met, go ahead & buy irrespective of time. I am of the opinion that if one can but a Merc, one should buy one rather than buying a Laura & investing balance amount. If you can do something with ease, go ahead...if you want to buy a go_ld jewelry, buy one without thinking what the price of go_ld would be tomorrow. Not everything can be seen from the point of loss & profit.....there are some PLEASURES in life which can't be calculated based on money .

Enjoy life, without over-leveraging.....as simple as that .
                    Good one...can be considered for ending the debate and start discussing about Sarathi

Comment

Originally posted by kothrud_pune View Post
                      Good one...can be considered for ending the debate and start discussing about Sarathi
                      The same builder has Echelon project at Baner Pashan link road & there are severe quality probs there. Infact, even broken tiles (2 pieces joint together) were used in some flats & that crack was so evident that it spoilt the entire look of the flooring. So, quality is a big issue with Saarthi & this feedback I have received from atleast 2 residents & 1 broker atleast about Echelon.

*PS:- In late 2007, I was quoted INR 72L for 3BR at Echelon.
                      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X