Collapse

Dream Home: Our Idea and Reality

Last updated: September 10 2009
20 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Dream Home: Our Idea and Reality

Both absolutely right ... which is why you must experiment ...

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post
    Very well said Deeapk!!! We love to live in jungle, but with all amenities:p:p..like somebody mentioned Broadband connection

I have gone for many holidays in UK (I mean Uthrakhand) when I was in gurgaon,for rafting trips etc...when you go there for 2-3 days rafting trip on THE GANGES you will feel you are in heaven (I did feel that same) & you tends to think settle down there....BUT when you hear the stories of local public there (I used to have chat with my rafting guide & locals there to know there life etc) life there is really TOUGH, specially during Winters...And most of our hill station cities in INDIA like dehradoon. nainital are so crowed these days ther you can not think to settle there....

So, for me My dream Home is here only in Pune...& I would prefer a yearly holidays in various part of India (many be beyond that) close to nature,maybe a week trip to Corbet national Park or in some villege...I really miss my Rafting trips to Rishikesh...But life goes on

Deepak and Ashish,

Both right. Which is why, you must try before you buy.

You will also note that I'm talking about mixing it up. Stay for a month in the hills (or whatever is your fancy) and 2-3 months in the city. Also, as you say, slow life in the hills can get boring. But try to work 8 solid hours in the hills without all that distraction and all that fresh air. Not only will your productivity multiply, but also you quality and you will be much happier at achieving so much in so little time (you will be amazed at how much impact city-life distraction has on our lives).

Rest of the time, the house is free for friends to visit and live in (you will also be amazed at how many new friends you will find, many from abroad, when you let them enjoy your hill-station home for a short time for free!)

Like I said, we need to find what is comfortable for us and experiment all the time. Thats what life is all about, right?

cheers

Comment

Experiments

Thats a bit of amazement to me. These Goras travel and venture where they like. Whats it that differentiates them from us. Its just the money or their free enterprising spirit. U dont find our youngersters flying off to any activities or god forsaken remote places like these westerners. Or is it the family burdens and daily chores tied us down to this existence? Whenever i try to examine myself, it seems that i never had time even to think of other persuits. Some thing or the other was pending to be done. I think i will be old by the time i really get time to do some thing different.
      By the way i have learnt lots of skills, but did not get to practice or enjoy them.

As i c these Osho people everday, i wonder what r they after and what r they getting in the bargain??? R v losing out our civilisational advantages and spirits to crass materialism

Comment

Reminds me of the "Emperor's new clothes" story which was told to us in school.

The Emperor is actually naked and people mistake him for wearing some fancy stuff.

Comment

Countryside.

I would like to have alarm clock as the chirping of birds rather than my cell !! Sometimes I feel why do we think & work hard if we can't see sparrows, trees, morning chirping of birds? Also, living with nature doesn't mean with snakes (hey we can tame mongoose) but it has more to do with trees, beautiful plants, singing birds & lots & lots of O2 & greenery around.

Living in cities is fine, but without sparrows? Heck, what miserable the quality must be? No one needs to go to Himalayas or stay in heart of the city. The best option I think is the outskirts of the city where you get both:- City life + Nature, countryside to be precise or if city something like Vancouver, Canada or Düsseldorf, Germany. Green, clean & with all infra.
          Last edited by realacres; September 5 2009, 05:23 PM. Reason: verbiage
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Firstly and majorly its mindset. Secondly is value for money you have in the West. The cost of living is directly propotional to a common mans salary. So the facilities you can afford for your salary allows you to enjoy life in totality. Here most people try to spend all their time to try earn a decent life style.. and thus this situation arises...

The biggest shock is found in US is not infrastructure available but value for money. Avg salary in US is around 5000-6000$ for decent job. I is 200$. India good salary is 50K. I is 35K. I love inc so I is just example. Same for petrol, food, housing, cars etc. Friend bought luxary care for 6 L there. Same costs 11L here. 2% interest rate and 100% home finance vs 10% interest rate and 85% home finance...

So we focus only on meeting daily needs..

Originally posted by Sansei View Post
            Thats a bit of amazement to me. These Goras travel and venture where they like. Whats it that differentiates them from us. Its just the money or their free enterprising spirit. U dont find our youngersters flying off to any activities or god forsaken remote places like these westerners. Or is it the family burdens and daily chores tied us down to this existence? Whenever i try to examine myself, it seems that i never had time even to think of other persuits. Some thing or the other was pending to be done. I think i will be old by the time i really get time to do some thing different.
            By the way i have learnt lots of skills, but did not get to practice or enjoy them.

As i c these Osho people everday, i wonder what r they after and what r they getting in the bargain??? R v losing out our civilisational advantages and spirits to crass materialism

Comment

Its cheaper to buy in US

Originally posted by akssenti View Post
              Firstly and majorly its mindset. Secondly is value for money you have in the West. The cost of living is directly propotional to a common mans salary. So the facilities you can afford for your salary allows you to enjoy life in totality. Here most people try to spend all their time to try earn a decent life style.. and thus this situation arises...

The biggest shock is found in US is not infrastructure available but value for money. Avg salary in US is around 5000-6000$ for decent job. I is 200$. India good salary is 50K. I is 35K. I love inc so I is just example. Same for petrol, food, housing, cars etc. Friend bought luxary care for 6 L there. Same costs 11L here. 2% interest rate and 100% home finance vs 10% interest rate and 85% home finance...

So we focus only on meeting daily needs..
              Buying a House (not a flat ) is cheaper in US with homes available in 25L category too.... and they are not 1bhk of carpet area 300-400sf !!!! Each is more then 1000sf .
              http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate...realestate-buy

Comment

The greedy mind

Me thinks:

The human greed and ambition is unsatiable. So the quest continues till u reach the top of everest or moon. Then u see u r alone at the top and there is no happiness or satisfaction. They have been left far behind and even time has passed u to really enjoy them.

The persuit in useful endeavour can do wonders. Working with the best ability & hoping for brighter tommorrow with the satisfaction of present status will give a fulfilling life than any achievements.

Comment

Surprise! Life Has an Ending.

Life is short! Don't sell your soul, life, and time for money for too long of a period. Don't let little things get in your way of what you really want to do with your life. Stop making excuses about why you can't do something. If you really want something, you got to go and get it. Let go of your "should's" and make your dreams a "must". Until you do that, your dreams will stay just that, a dream and won't become reality.

Everyone is looking for one thing in life: Happiness. So why is it that most people want to cling to things that make them unhappy? The answer is FEAR. Fear of losing that sense of security, which for most of us, is a false sense of security.

never forget that life is short. Tomorrow was never promised. No one ever said you will still be alive 5 years from now, or even 3 months from now. The more time you spend on doing things you don't like, the less time you will have doing the things you enjoy. What ever it is you want to do in life, start today, don't delay, make a plan and start right now!

And believe me, it works. There will be struggle sometimes, but what is a life with no struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by deepakpat
                    Life is a constant struggle, till it ends -- Amitabh Bachchan
                    that is indeed true, provided everyone looks at their life to do what they are passionate about. Otherwise there is absolutely no struggle.

Most of the folks (especially in IT) are in a comfort zone and FEAR about the instability in life if we take the step to change and start doing what we are passionate about. Some of these folks believe buying a 50-lac house is the biggest achievement, and paying the EMIs are the biggest challenge. The builders have helped sell this attitude, and folks have fallen prey to it.

We need to change this meaning of achievement and challenges.

I was in that mode for 5 years, was doing things which I never liked to do in life, but others including my family thought i was doing great things commanding respect in office and society. I was hanging-on since others around were also doing similar things, and i never knew why. Of course i was taking home awesome money every month, but was not sure what to do with the money.

The best is to call the shots when you are young enough to do what you want to do. If one wants to follow their passions it indeed demands some struggle, having the age with you is a big plus.
                    Last edited by tsongt; September 9 2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepakpat
                      Life is a constant struggle, till it ends -- Amitabh Bachchan
                      Real version:-
                      Life is a constant struggle, till it gets KBC & meets Amar Singh.-- Big B

Originally posted by tsongt View Post
                      The best is to call the shots when you are young enough to do what you want to do. If one wants to follow their passions it indeed demands some struggle, having the age with you is a big plus.
                      That's so true. However, one should equally restrain to fall for peer pressure.
                      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X