Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat in Laburnum Park (Part of Magarpatta City) ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

Flat in Laburnum Park (Part of Magarpatta City) ...

Last updated: November 19 2009
18 | Posts
6403 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat in Laburnum Park (Part of Magarpatta City) ...

Hi Friends,

A friend of mine is considering purchasing a flat in Laburnum Park (in Magarpatta City). We have seen their website but are looking for personal experiences. On the website the price is Rs 4000 per sq. feet.

Any comments, suggestions, personal experiences regarding,

1. Property
    2. Layout
    3. Construction quality
    4. Dealing with the builder
    5. Are the rates negotiable?
    6. Magarpatta City
    7. Cyber City (IT Park in Magarpatta City)
    8. Traffic condition ...
    9. School inside the Magarpatta City
    etc.

Thanks.

Dhurander

Re : Flat in Laburnum Park (Part of Magarpatta City) ...

Originally posted by Dhurander View Post
    Hi Friends,

A friend of mine is considering purchasing a flat in Laburnum Park (in Magarpatta City). We have seen their website but are looking for personal experiences. On the website the price is Rs 4000 per sq. feet.
    Why don't you look at descent societies Kalyani nagar/KP? The quality of MP city is not all worth even at 3k, let alone 4k.
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

is it really 4k..I checked their site, its showing 3250?

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
        Why don't you look at descent societies Kalyani nagar/KP? The quality of MP city is not all worth even at 3k, let alone 4k.
        Well wouldn't agree with that at all....I am a resident too..and wouldn't deny finishing problems but otherwise the quality is very good... and Laburnum Park is worth 4k..

Comment

Originally posted by bipinboy View Post
          is it really 4k..I checked their site, its showing 3250?
          Rate for the Laburnum park is 4000. For other parts e.g. Sylvania it's 3250. Laburnum park is billed as the most exclusive park within Magarpatta. For this price they are giving amenities like italian marble in the hall, kitchen, lobby, wooden floors in the bedroom etc. Details are on their website.

Am still looking for any personal experiences.
          Thanks.

Dhurander

Comment

Originally posted by Dhurander View Post
            Rate for the Laburnum park is 4000. For other parts e.g. Sylvania it's 3250. Laburnum park is billed as the most exclusive park within Magarpatta. For this price they are giving amenities like italian marble in the hall, kitchen, lobby, wooden floors in the bedroom etc. Details are on their website.

Am still looking for any personal experiences.
            Thanks.

Dhurander
            Living in Magarpatta City is very convenient with Sport Complex, basic shopping, schools, Hospital etc. on a walking distance. Besides all this the security is excellent.
            With a Mall coming up, things would be even better..
            The maintenance is looked after by the Company itself and so the City is always well maintained - common areas etc...

Comment

Originally posted by a2930j View Post
              Living in Magarpatta City is very convenient with Sport Complex, basic shopping, schools, Hospital etc. on a walking distance. Besides all this the security is excellent.
              With a Mall coming up, things would be even better..
              The maintenance is looked after by the Company itself and so the City is always well maintained - common areas etc...
              That's fine, but this is available for Sylvania or Trillium or any other complex for that matter. Does this justify 4k for Lab lane? For this to happen, lab lane's internal specs, amenities & quality needs to be world class which is definitely not there or for that anywhere in MP City.

Paying 4k for mp city is like paying the price of Skoda Laura for Maruti Ritz.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Good to Rent - Bad to own

My 2 cents as someone living in Magarpatta for the past 3 years,

1. Construction Quality - Horrendous. The paint in my house has peeled so many times now that I've not re doing the walls anymore.
                I dont know who built these things, but you can never see a straight line in a Magarpatta house. Just check the join connection the wall to the ceiling you'd know what I'm talking about, heck, even the pillars are not straight.
                They never finsih the house properly. Even now after 3 years, there are paint stains (big,ugly ones) on my window panes and Balcony tiles.
                If you're looking for class, look elsewhere.

2. Quality of Living - Good. Mainly because myself and my wife work inside Magarpatta. No hassle of travelling and experiencing Pune pollution and traffic. Good roads and ample security. Never worry about theft in Magarpatta.

3. PMS - Since there are no societies, you have no say over how things are run. They turn off the lights in the garden at 10 pm - too bad if you want to have a walk with your wife after coming late from office.
                They turn of alternate staircase lights - too bad if you are on the dark floor.
                Once I came from an overseas trip with a couple of big bags and the security would not allow me the take the bags in the lift (what the ...)
                No borewell in the apartments. When Pune was reeling under the water crisis all we got was 2 hours of water everyday.
                All services are monopolised - If you need broadband , you need to take it from Tata Indicom. Magarpatta would not allow any competition inside, no surprise that indicom broadband is the most expensive. If you need newspaper, you can get it only from the prescribed agent, too bad if he cheats you. Same goes for every utility. They've realised that they control access to us services and exploit it at our expense.
                The list goes on. The above things can look trivial from outside, but these are the things that leave a bad taste in your mouth.
                I dont mind because I just rent the place and know that I wont be settling here but prospective owners beware.

The Good - Rentals. Demand is always present, so there is no risk of empty flats. This demand in turn keeps rentals high. Again, prospective owners have to decide whether ~10.5k for 2 BHK is high rental. Is there scope for higher rentals?, maybe, but not much higher than this IMHO. Another thing to consider here is, 1 BHK and 2 BHK command higher rentals/SQFT. For example, 1 BHK (700 sqft) ~8.5k, 2 BHK (1000-1200 sqft) ~10.5-11k, 3 BHK(1500 sqft) ~13.5k. People are finding it difficult to find takers for the bigger apartments.

To conclude, if you work in Magarpatta its best to rent one. If you want to settle in magarpatta, go ahead and buy one. If not, stay away.

Comment

Really nice analysis buddy... great job...

Originally posted by bogusgenius View Post
                  My 2 cents as someone living in Magarpatta for the past 3 years,

1. Construction Quality - Horrendous. The paint in my house has peeled so many times now that I've not re doing the walls anymore.
                  I dont know who built these things, but you can never see a straight line in a Magarpatta house. Just check the join connection the wall to the ceiling you'd know what I'm talking about, heck, even the pillars are not straight.
                  They never finsih the house properly. Even now after 3 years, there are paint stains (big,ugly ones) on my window panes and Balcony tiles.
                  If you're looking for class, look elsewhere.

2. Quality of Living - Good. Mainly because myself and my wife work inside Magarpatta. No hassle of travelling and experiencing Pune pollution and traffic. Good roads and ample security. Never worry about theft in Magarpatta.

3. PMS - Since there are no societies, you have no say over how things are run. They turn off the lights in the garden at 10 pm - too bad if you want to have a walk with your wife after coming late from office.
                  They turn of alternate staircase lights - too bad if you are on the dark floor.
                  Once I came from an overseas trip with a couple of big bags and the security would not allow me the take the bags in the lift (what the ...)
                  No borewell in the apartments. When Pune was reeling under the water crisis all we got was 2 hours of water everyday.
                  All services are monopolised - If you need broadband , you need to take it from Tata Indicom. Magarpatta would not allow any competition inside, no surprise that indicom broadband is the most expensive. If you need newspaper, you can get it only from the prescribed agent, too bad if he cheats you. Same goes for every utility. They've realised that they control access to us services and exploit it at our expense.
                  The list goes on. The above things can look trivial from outside, but these are the things that leave a bad taste in your mouth.
                  I dont mind because I just rent the place and know that I wont be settling here but prospective owners beware.

The Good - Rentals. Demand is always present, so there is no risk of empty flats. This demand in turn keeps rentals high. Again, prospective owners have to decide whether ~10.5k for 2 BHK is high rental. Is there scope for higher rentals?, maybe, but not much higher than this IMHO. Another thing to consider here is, 1 BHK and 2 BHK command higher rentals/SQFT. For example, 1 BHK (700 sqft) ~8.5k, 2 BHK (1000-1200 sqft) ~10.5-11k, 3 BHK(1500 sqft) ~13.5k. People are finding it difficult to find takers for the bigger apartments.

To conclude, if you work in Magarpatta its best to rent one. If you want to settle in magarpatta, go ahead and buy one. If not, stay away.

Comment

'bogusgenius'

Thanks for taking time to write in detail about MP, its fair and balanced (FOX)

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X