Any idea regarding the Golden Cascade project in Wakad? I am seeing this project in progress since the past 3 years and still only plastering looks to be completed.
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by aviraj
    Any idea regarding the Golden Cascade project in Wakad? I am seeing this project in progress since the past 3 years and still only plastering looks to be completed.

I have not seen this project first hand, but heard about it. If I am right, it is 2 tower project each with 12 storeys. However, if the current status is what you have said, it's better to avoid it. Further new bookings are also difficult to get as the price of the flat (in June 09) was around 58-60L, area around 2000 sq ft. Based on the pace of construction & no. of bookings, it is best avoided & this was the sole reason I did not make site visit at first place as I knew about the bookings & total price beforehand!!
    Spending this amount of money in Wakad is sheer wastage of money.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello,

Reviving this old thread again to get some info (if possible) about this project. I am looking for resale apartment and viewed 2 apartments in this society. I liked the overall size and the layout of the apartment. these are a 3 BHK + 1 servent room on higher floors and 2 car parks. Total saleable area is ~2200 sqft. The asking price is 95L/1Cr + SD + RC + 2% brkrg.

I am looking for the apartment for self use and not investment. Waht bothered me was the occupancy level of the society. The society did not seem to be fully occupied.. just around 50%.. I liked the apartment and the construction quality also seems to be fine. However there is no detail availalbe about the builder and it seems it is not a known builder. Even on the forum there is hardly any input about the society/builder.

Is there anyone on the forum who is staying in the society and can provide first-hand feedback about the society and the builder.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • With the ongoing rate in wakad such huge apartments are out of budget for most of the folks may be thats the reason for few inputs.

"Jis raah jana nhi uska raasta kya poochna" :):)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingmanish
    With the ongoing rate in wakad such huge apartments are out of budget for most of the folks may be thats the reason for few inputs.

"Jis raah jana nhi uska raasta kya poochna" :):)

Then why there are so many projects with large apartments in that area.. Golden Cascade, WatersEdge, KP's Gliterrati etc...

BTW, any other 3 BHK project where I can expect to get around 1250 to 1300 sqft carpet area in this region of the world..
    CommentQuote
  • This is a pretty old project. Took nearly 5-6 yrs to complete if I'm not mistaken. Builder did not seem too interested to finish it. Since it started long back, i dont suppose it offers amenities like the current range of projects offer. Layout and size is good (no idea about construction quality), but the building is just on the 6 lane road and it is noisy and busy all the time. Location is good though from a connectivity point of view but not residential. I would personally prefer the society to be away from mainstream traffic. If you are investing a crore, do check with the residents regarding issues with construction quality, water supply, drainage etc before making a decision. Also check if all legal issues are clear, could be the construction was stuck for so long due to some legal issue.
    CommentQuote
  • I had seen some flats here.

Liked:
    - the size. the 3bhk layout was fine too.
    - Construction seemed fine to me. The guy kept pointing out how thick the outer walls are compared to other schemes.

Didn't like:
    - the location. Coz its right on the main road (as in prev post above). If the connector to Nasik road becomes a reality, then the whole area will be (even more of a) mess. The flats in the inside building might be a bit quieter.
    - The 4 bhks in the inside bldg are all tucked around the corner. The guest bedroom window is real close to the balcony of the 3bhk flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the inputs. Will clarify on the issues mentioned before making a decision... BTW, there is a small plot behind the society that is empty. The broker told me that this is PCMC plot and they will do something (??) with that later...

How can we check that this is indeed PCMC's possession and what are their development plans (if any) in the future for the area.. and what is going to come over there.. what if they make this a trash dumping ground .. (ok.. that is extreeeeem.. ) but possible....
    CommentQuote
  • The project was built by 2 partners and there is a ongoing litigation between the 2. I am not sure if the project has a completion certificate, but for sure has not got PCMC water connection because of the litigation. There are some cases between the developer and the current residents also. The construction quality seems OK, but one needs to be watchfull to get into this one.

One check is, when you try and buy this property, try and get a loan from SBI and they will do all checks for you without overlooking many other aspects that will safegaurd them and you over a logn period unlike many private banks. IMHO, thats a good check.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks - I didn't know that.

One of the developers is also the developer for Lifescapes Wakad which is also under litigation....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by footy1
    Thanks - I didn't know that.

One of the developers is also the developer for Lifescapes Wakad which is also under litigation....

Hey Footy, Do you by chance know more about Lifescapes, are they taking any bookings etc. ALso do you know the name of the promoter ?
    CommentQuote
  • No idea about Lifescapes - I just happened to read that legal notice in the paper. I think the developer is someone called Ajay Jhaveri....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by viraman
    The project was built by 2 partners and there is a ongoing litigation between the 2. I am not sure if the project has a completion certificate, but for sure has not got PCMC water connection because of the litigation. There are some cases between the developer and the current residents also. The construction quality seems OK, but one needs to be watchfull to get into this one.

One check is, when you try and buy this property, try and get a loan from SBI and they will do all checks for you without overlooking many other aspects that will safegaurd them and you over a logn period unlike many private banks. IMHO, thats a good check.

yeah, got to know about the litigation between 2 partners.. however the completion certificate for the building where I am looking for the flat has been obtained.

I will be watchful for the points mentioned above.

Thanks for inputs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mittalv2002
    yeah, got to know about the litigation between 2 partners.. however the completion certificate for the building where I am looking for the flat has been obtained.

I will be watchful for the points mentioned above.

Thanks for inputs.

But until & unless all the buildings don't get CC from PCMC, the PCMC may well pull it hands off from providing infra & litigation, be it for 1 building or many is bad for buyers. If possible, better look at other project. Why buy in a project where existing buyers are already banging their heads ?
    CommentQuote
  • That was good advice, real acres.

Unfortunately, genuine buyers get caught in the middle :(
    CommentQuote
  • Just came accross this site and searched for this society as the 1st thing since I bought a 4BHK (resale) here in June 2012. I have all the comments that you guys have posted. However, I would like to say today is that:

1. There are very few flat as big as this around this location.
    2. Though you would see the total area around 2400 for 4BHK but compare it with today's flats where you add 30-35% loading and cover 100% of balcony, this would sit at around 2700-2800 sq ft flat.
    3. People have mentioned about the noise issue. Let me clarify, there is absolutely none in the flats. Both the buildings are quite away from the main road.
    CommentQuote