In 2004 Property market is stable and rates are ook. But after expansion of IT and BPO Property rates are double or thrice.

But now in Pune ....... all sectors are badly hit........ IT firms - no increment this year, Now BPO are paying less and some are shut down, Auto -- production houses facing major problem including Bajaj.....design firms are stable but not paying so much that one could offer 30 lacks flat.................

Because of slow down Job changing is difficult.......So Delhi, Bangalore, Mumabi people are stying there own places and not thinking to move towards Pune........if they come here they can easily buy flat more than 30 lacks...............and again boom will there but that is not possible for next 6-12 months atleast

But for local people or any aam adami how want to stay in Pune and who is not doctor or engineer then it is very difficult to think for 15-20 lacks flat.
Read more
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thats true and you really cant help it if Pune aspires to be a Tier-1 city. People wanting affordable housing will have to look at the outskirts now since those areas will be cheaper and will develop sooner or later as the city keeps expanding.
    CommentQuote
  • Even middle class people will start living in slums like in Mumbai!

Some old residents might be able to sell their property at high rate and move to the outskirts. Some might be able to get their property redeveloped. So it is not all that bad.
    CommentQuote
  • Culprits

People blame RE escalation mainly on bldrs, IT , NRI & Mumbai investors , Doctors ,Businessmen ; BUT

Alas the main culprits our ur Netas and Babus.

Who have ensured that they have used their votes / positions to ensure that the DP plans r not passd that the greenary around is plundered , that there is no infra available and vested interest can benefit from the deprevation.

If tommorow we use ample water pipes to supply to outskirts, have good connectivity in terms of ring roads , have schools nearabout the rates will surely come down - PRIME EXAMPLE IS GUJARAT.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sansei
    People blame RE escalation mainly on bldrs, IT , NRI & Mumbai investors , Doctors ,Businessmen ; BUT

Alas the main culprits our ur Netas and Babus.

Who have ensured that they have used their votes / positions to ensure that the DP plans r not passd that the greenary around is plundered , that there is no infra available and vested interest can benefit from the deprevation.

If tommorow we use ample water pipes to supply to outskirts, have good connectivity in terms of ring roads , have schools nearabout the rates will surely come down - PRIME EXAMPLE IS GUJARAT.

Bingo!!!

Sinsei you have nailed down the real issue, rather then whining the old song IT/NRI has increased the rate in RE in india...

See in US ppls can stay 30-40 kms from their office & can commute from there by their Cars as road connectivity is good & in UK ppls used to commute from as far as 100 miles to London thru trains (as they have better infra,even I used to see those ppls are even working during their travel in trains on their laptops as they have good wireless broadband connectivity as well)....if this any time happen in india you will see affordable houses which any common man can afford....
    CommentQuote
  • Bang on target Sansei. But Gujarat has BJP & Modi:), while Mah has Cong+NCP & Pawar & Co.
    Let's see what happens now. From my sources, Cong is unwilling to give NCP more than 109 seats while some are still suggesting that Cong should go all alone. There is meeting today at Mumbai of MPCC. Let's see what happens then. Rally wonder what these Cong+NCP were doing for past several decades (NCP was in Cong at that time too).

For better infra, nothing beats BJP. Anyways, in today's elections of state assembly of Gujarat (bypolls), BJP has won 5 out of 7:).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

For better infra, nothing beats BJP. Anyways, in today's elections of state assembly of Gujarat (bypolls), BJP has won 5 out of 7:).

They (Gujaratis) are the smartest people in the world. Not that I like them or hate them. just an opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Dat's the point. Big part is depends on Govt. I am from Ahmedabad and used to travel 3 times in a year and each time I found new development thr (not only RE but transport/infrastructure etc.). Just google for BRTS ahmedabad and it's amezing...they started BRTS after Pune and it's 70% better than Pune...very dirty politics in Maharastra...Let the real politics win this time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    They (Gujaratis) are the smartest people in the world. Not that I like them or hate them. just an opinion.

Bingo. Sometimes we discuss how settling in Ahmedabad makes more sense than Pune. The best part:- We get lots of tax benefits coupled with good infra & low fuel prices too!! Is anyone here going to Gujarat in Navratri btw?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jigarshah
    Dat's the point. Big part is depends on Govt. I am from Ahmedabad and used to travel 3 times in a year and each time I found new development thr (not only RE but transport/infrastructure etc.). Just google for BRTS ahmedabad and it's amezing...they started BRTS after Pune and it's 70% better than Pune...very dirty politics in Maharastra...Let the real politics win this time.

And the roads are free from Gutkha spitting people too. In Mah, there is only sugar politics rather than state politics.

In Guj, Govt. spends INR 100Cr, earns INR 1000Cr & again invests it back creating more employment for semi-skilled & unskilled people also, unlike Mah where there are only 4 things:- Sugar, IT, Auto & Agri. Auto & agri is already gone, don't think how long IT will last. In Guj, the farmers get good electricity (my friend has acres of farmland here), water & the per hectare yield is much much better than Mah. Only Punjab comes close.

For this to change the Mah people need to change their mentality in general. If I put X, what will I get as Y? This should be what they should think rather than petty politics as being done by scorpio people.

If farmers are happy, businessmen are happy, the entire state is happy.
    This is what is proved by todays bypoll elections in Gujarat. When development issue comes up, this ex-CM Vilasrao chap says just one thing:- Godhra, forgetting 1993, Khairlanji etc. This central govt. too is jealous of Gujarat, hence not passing bills like GUJCOC which is for the safety of it's own citizens. This state has over 300km of border with b****** pakis with big coastline.
    Other progressing state is MP under Shivraj Singh Chauhan.

Btw, I really wonder how people here vote for Kallu as MP for 2 decades.
    He is busy with IOA & Pawar with BCCI.

Bang the Congress-NCP, infra automatically comes up:).
    CommentQuote
  • :(:(

I want Mah to come up as well.!!!! and by up i dont refer to RE prices. :-)

VK
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by veeemkay
    :(:(

I want Mah to come up as well.!!!! and by up i dont refer to RE prices. :-)

VK

For this to happen, the people have to change their mindset. I have seen many people here who like Gujarat, like policies of Modi but at time of voting, go out & vote for NCP just because they happen to be Marathas.
    This will lead towards Bihar & not Gujarat.

Mah was ahead of Guj till mid-90s. Now it ranks 6th & Guj 1st. More than Cong it is NCP which is bad due to it's Bihari like politics:- Scorpio people.
    The ideal situation would be BJP-SS coming to power. Look what they did in their 5 year rule:- Flyovers in Mumbai, Pune-Mumbai expressway (Gadkari was PWD min), development packages for SSIs, farmers, diwali bonus for cops (police haven't received any diwali bonus after BJP lost power in state), crime rate fell in state ............

No NCP, maha progresses. If this happens Guj+Mah will form such a powerful force in country. Combinely, we can bring Delhi to heels (like UP-Bihar used to do earlier).

And yes, no NCP is good for RE buyers too. It is a by product!:D
    CommentQuote
  • Now it's my turn to say Bingo :). I still don't understand that why congress always ends with Godhra? Being Gujarati, I knew the situation when congress ruled the Guj and also Keshubhai Patel (BJP) was worst (same as Pawar) and thanks to Bajpai that he send Modi to Gujarat and now you can check the diff. Modi has treated Guj as like diffrent country and developed it. Guj has produced 15% GDP (comp. to 8.5% India) and that without Auto/IT. now in 2009, they are leaders in pharma, agriculture, cement,.....and mark my words, Gujarat will defeat Maharastra in the field of IT and Auto soon. IT is the next target of Modi and he will achive soon. I'll hope that Maharastra (specially Pune) sud understand the how important is the administration and give thr valuable votes to rite candidates. else it will be too late. Jago Maharastra.
    CommentQuote
  • Where to go

So common man : Aam admi has to go vote and progressive vote.

As far house, dont c any way out inspite of crores of JNNURM funds
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sansei
    As far house, dont c any way out inspite of crores of JNNURM funds

Hey, now don't say you don't know where they went:D. And know what, Kalmadi has fleet of buses in PMPML. In the open though, it is just mentioned 'PRIVATE CONTRACTORS'. Look how the administration of PMPML keeps changing very few months. Really wonder how jam packed buses keep making loss everyday & you should know to whose pockets these profits go. This was one of the reason for the fight between Kallu & scorpio Dada!!:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    And the roads are free from Gutkha spitting people too. In Mah, there is only sugar politics rather than state politics.

In Guj, Govt. spends INR 100Cr, earns INR 1000Cr & again invests it back creating more employment for semi-skilled & unskilled people also, unlike Mah where there are only 4 things:- Sugar, IT, Auto & Agri. Auto & agri is already gone, don't think how long IT will last. In Guj, the farmers get good electricity (my friend has acres of farmland here), water & the per hectare yield is much much better than Mah. Only Punjab comes close.

For this to change the Mah people need to change their mentality in general. If I put X, what will I get as Y? This should be what they should think rather than petty politics as being done by scorpio people.

If farmers are happy, businessmen are happy, the entire state is happy.
    This is what is proved by todays bypoll elections in Gujarat. When development issue comes up, this ex-CM Vilasrao chap says just one thing:- Godhra, forgetting 1993, Khairlanji etc. This central govt. too is jealous of Gujarat, hence not passing bills like GUJCOC which is for the safety of it's own citizens. This state has over 300km of border with b****** pakis with big coastline.
    Other progressing state is MP under Shivraj Singh Chauhan.

Btw, I really wonder how people here vote for Kallu as MP for 2 decades.
    He is busy with IOA & Pawar with BCCI.

Bang the Congress-NCP, infra automatically comes up:).

Very true....
    and ppl here dump ppl like Arun Bhatia ... who atleast cud have made major changes in pune ... like he did when he was the commisioner....
    But there are many reasons for the debacle though ... the main one being false votes....money for votes and caste based votes...All these leads to undeserving candidate being elected...
    They wud erect a statue of shivaji for 340 crores...but wud not put that money into infra ... or other helpful projs. ..and on top of it ... cong leaders defend that decision saying that masses want the statue.....
    whats the diff between mayawati govt and mah govt ??? (except the fact that she went too far... :D )
    The only thing we can do is spread awareness..
    CommentQuote