Last updated: November 3 2009
24 | Posts
4411 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quotFirst Homequot a romantic dream

Hi All,

In the same spirit in which Amitabh Bachchan buys a building for his mother in the epic movie "Deewar", I am all set to buy a new apartment for my family; albeit "Vijay" in Deewar used black money and purchased the entire building, however I with white money can only buy an apartment but for some strange reason it feels the same!

"First Home" is a very romantic dream that every middle-class family has close to their hearts. Riding our way thru tough times, we have finally arrived to a position where we can make our dream "first home" come true. We solicit your advise (offcourse free ) to help us make an informed and judicious decision at this extremly important milestone.

So without further ado, lets get into some details. Basic principles in our "first home" search:

1) Within 3-5 Kms of reputed schools such as Bishops, Abhinav etc. i.e. Viman Nagar, Karve Nagar and thereabouts
    2) Ample play area for kids enabling them to enjoy outdoor sports.
    3) Convenient access to downtown Pune i.e. suitably close to major relatively less congested roads
    4) Decent neighbourhood areas

Specific criterion:
    a) 2-3 Bedroom apartment with at least 2 balconies
    b) 1000-1200 sq. ft. carpet area
    c) Reasonably priced WITHOUT compromising QUALITY.

We appreciate your valuable advise!

Best Regards,
    The good "Vijay"

Re : quotFirst Homequot a romantic dream

Hi IREF RE Experts,

Requesting your suggestions on buying a decent 2-3 BHK apartment at reasonable price. As I've mentioned in my last post, we are looking to buy an apartment near any reputed school such as Bishops, Anubhav, Vincents or the likes...so I am inclined towards projects within 3-5 kms of Kalyani Nagar, Camp, etc.

Our expectation is:
    1000-1200 Sq. ft. at less than 3300 PSF

In some of the exisiting posts on this forum, I've realized that some technical aspects in real estate need to be reviewed before buying. I am also confused between buying an under-construction apartment, ready possession or resale - I would anyways need possession around 2010 end or later.

Therefore, my request is twofold. a) Is there any review checklist before buying an apartment b) your recommendations of any projects that suit my requirements

Comment

Originally posted by Revolutionary_2009 View Post
      Hi All,

In the same spirit in which Amitabh Bachchan buys a building for his mother in the epic movie "Deewar", I am all set to buy a new apartment for my family; albeit "Vijay" in Deewar used black money and purchased the entire building, however I with white money can only buy an apartment but for some strange reason it feels the same!

"First Home" is a very romantic dream that every middle-class family has close to their hearts. Riding our way thru tough times, we have finally arrived to a position where we can make our dream "first home" come true. We solicit your advise (offcourse free ) to help us make an informed and judicious decision at this extremly important milestone.

So without further ado, lets get into some details. Basic principles in our "first home" search:

1) Within 3-5 Kms of reputed schools such as Bishops, Abhinav etc. i.e. Viman Nagar, Karve Nagar and thereabouts
      2) Ample play area for kids enabling them to enjoy outdoor sports.
      3) Convenient access to downtown Pune i.e. suitably close to major relatively less congested roads
      4) Decent neighbourhood areas

Specific criterion:
      a) 2-3 Bedroom apartment with at least 2 balconies
      b) 1000-1200 sq. ft. carpet area
      c) Reasonably priced WITHOUT compromising QUALITY.

We appreciate your valuable advise!

Best Regards,
      The good "Vijay"
      mere paas maa hai...tere paas kya hai...!!!
      good blog, I liked it. Good luck.
      Unfortunately I can't give you free or paid advise because I don't know anything about Viman Nagar or Karve Nagar , but surely other members will give you good advise

Comment

Personally I like Kothrud, but if you have budget constraint then go for Bavdhan area and search different schemes in progress there or use search feature for bavdhan forum discussions.

Comment

For 3 to 5 km around bishops-camp you can check out Wanowrie. Its a good residential area and about 3.5 to 4 km from the camp school. Some new projects we checked out there -

Ganga Sampatti - We liked the sample flat and location. Rate is 3950 psf. Some people in this forum does not think highly of Atul ganga from goel ganga group(But this project is from Ganga developments, a separate group). But I'm not comfortable with the wooden flooring they have in the bedroom. Cleaning will be a problem and we have to specifically use only the vaccum cleaner in those rooms(Something I dont like using). And for Indian weather which will never go below 0 degree celsius unless in himachal pradesh or kashmir, this is just another builder gimmick of american lifestyle flats for indians.

Raheja gardens - Very good location. rate quoted is 4500 psf. Different rates for garden and back facing flats. We did not like the flats. Though the flats are of ~1100 sqft, but somehow lacked the spaciousness. The dry balcony was useless, with so less space that we have to stand there on tip toes). Also the complex was overcrowded. Also no covered car parking, shocking!! for such a high price apartment.

Ravi park - Location is in the heart of Wanowrie which is good, but the approach road is not that good with some very old constructions. The rate quoted was about 43 ls for 2 bhk. I did not like the flats though. They were spacious, but they had a dull feel to it. Also right bang behind the construction is a temple, something I'm not comfortable with since I'm not comfortable with any relegious place located that close to the residential.

Siddharth heights - Location is not good, nearly on hill, far end of wanowrie, lonely. Since it is on a hill, need to check if there are water problems. Flats are spacious and if you like getaways with view of forest, then you will like the flats. But I dont think its good to stay with family in a lonely location. rate quoted was 3300 psf.

* This is my personal opinion. You may like these flats, so please check them out anyway. Else if you dont mind resales, you can check out Parmar park, Parmar garden, Sacred heart town, Flower valley , Clover village. Oxford village also has budget flats, if you have a low budget*

If you want a residence near Bishops , Kalyaninagar, then viman nagar is a good option. I personally like the mystique moods project at viman nagar. Else there are also resales at Lunkad Amazon, Lunkad Gold coast, Konark campus. Rohan mithila is also a new project in viman nagar. They are coming up with variety of apartment sizes, with different rates for floors, amneties facing, non amenites facing, rowhouses, 3 bhk, 4 bhk and what not. But I did not like their sample flat much. The bath room doors were too narrow that while i carried my son through them his head bumped into it. The kitchen is also bang in the front hall, another american style gimmick. Plus personally I do not like Rohan builders, just too arrogant.. But their rooms gave an airy appearance and enough light which gives some cheerfullness to the apartment. Many in the forum were critizing the noise from the air crafts from the airport that is bang next to the project site. But I personally do not mind the noise of the aero planes flying around.

I am not looking around Karve nagar. So I would not be able to give you feedback on that. But Bhujbal and Kumar builders have got new projects in Karvenagar and Kothrud(There may be others too). You can check out their websites. Else you can check out resales in Swapna shilp. This project in an extremely good residential location(our landlord stays there). I havent been inside the complex, but this place is famous with Maharashtrians.
          Last edited by Navina; October 5 2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Navina,

Thanks for your thoughtful advise, I appreciate your detailed analysis & recommendations.

My budget is 35-42 lacs for 1000-1200 sq.ft. apartment.

I thought that since the economy and other factors are in recession, RE market would be pricing down property rates. As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I can wait for possession till 2010 end or early 2011. I am really confused now...some people say this is the rockbottom of RE and prices will only go up and other say wait and watch prices will fall, the worst of RE is yet to come.

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolutionary_2009 View Post
              I thought that since the economy and other factors are in recession, RE market would be pricing down property rates. As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I can wait for possession till 2010 end or early 2011. I am really confused now...some people say this is the rockbottom of RE and prices will only go up and other say wait and watch prices will fall, the worst of RE is yet to come.

Please advise.
              2010/2011? Man, why buy now? Buy later from investor & keep hunting in resale market too. Whenever you buy, wherever you buy go for ready to move in only. RE is yet to hit the bottom. I can't predict the rock bottom rates, but they will definately fall from current prices for sure.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

rightly said realacres.

we need to wait further. correction is there. ready possession is next best option. It is better to purchase what is ready rather than to what will be ready after 2 years.

Comment

Why are the rates increasing from past 2-3 months?

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions RealAcres and RamKumar. I would certainly look for ready possession or resale flats. What would you say about projects inflight (i.e. unsold apartments in a project about to complete, 2nd phases, etc) that would be ready by end of this year?

Coming back to my specific requirements, do you think I'd be able to get a decent 2BHK apartment within 3-5 kms of reputed schools (Bishops, Abhinav English, St. Vincents) in the range of 35-40 Lacs?

Leveraging your expertise and experience, would you please suggest any projects that might suffice my requirements?

Appreciate your help

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X