Wakad, a beat-up area???

Last updated: October 7 2009
3 | Posts
968 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakad, a beat-up area???

I happen to be in property market for past few months. looking for a 3 bhk apartment/row house (50L to 60L budget). It's just my observation, that Wakad seems low on energy, compared to some of the other areas like Baner, Aundh... I see some good (and some not so good :-) projects like the Rohan Tarang, Apostrophy, Palash, Omega (so there seems to be some money invested)... out there but the area feels deserted even during the day time. Village crown in patches. Farm lands in patches. I thought of a drive during late evening and not to my surprise, it was tooooooo quite.

Are there any published plans of development in this area?? Is this area a product of unworthy politicians?? Despite of proximity to Hinjewadi, the growth here seems inapt. Does Wakad have the potential to be the next Baner??? Appreciate some invaluable insights in this regards.

Re : Wakad, a beat-up area???

Originally posted by kramakant View Post
    I happen to be in property market for past few months. looking for a 3 bhk apartment/row house (50L to 60L budget). It's just my observation, that Wakad seems low on energy, compared to some of the other areas like Baner, Aundh... I see some good (and some not so good :-) projects like the Rohan Tarang, Apostrophy, Palash, Omega (so there seems to be some money invested)... out there but the area feels deserted even during the day time. Village crown in patches. Farm lands in patches. I thought of a drive during late evening and not to my surprise, it was tooooooo quite.

Are there any published plans of development in this area?? Is this area a product of unworthy politicians?? Despite of proximity to Hinjewadi, the growth here seems inapt. Does Wakad have the potential to be the next Baner??? Appreciate some invaluable insights in this regards.

Few of my friends have broken few of the bones while traveling on/in wakad road using bike. The infrastructure is pathetic, no improvement from last 10 years, in fact road was better 10 yrs back. You can take a look at PS area, at least lively than wakad and better infra than wakad, but can not compare with Aundh.

-Vinit

Comment

I assume PS = Pimple Saudagar. Am new to Pune real estate, but will get there soon. I have seen a few in PS area as well, mainly the GK developer ones. I personally feel, it has become a concrete jungle (not much greenery left). Baner might be at advantage due to the hills (that could be gone soon too, who knows). Either the builders or the govt has to undertake some tree plantation drives in that area, seriously. Connectivity wise, seems like a good location.

Comment

Check for Park Street and Park Royale. Seems to me descent project & proximity to Hinjewadi.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X