Collapse

Will you be able to enjoy

Last updated: October 14 2009
14 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Will you be able to enjoy

For me only security, garbage, vermiculture, piped gas,PMC water and childrens park are the amneties that I would consider absolutely essential. Rainwater harvesting is also something which is advertised in projects nowadays. I feel this is also good as its adding to the natural resources of the environment. Rainwater harvesting was pioneered by Jayalalitha every house in Taminadu new and old was asked to build this compulsarily. This helped in increasing ground water table and Tamilnadu greatly benefitted from this. Especially Chennai which was earlier relying on tankers heavily and the muncipal water used to taste like sea water.

Without amenities like the swimming pool, clubhouse etc, the builder can reduce the cost to a great extent. Actually there is lot of ambiguity in the premium amneties. Since the exact specifications and cost of these ameneties is not known to the buyers, the builders use this to their advantage in increasing the cost. But having premium amneties makes me feel good. I wonder how many people think like me as that may decide on the buyer preferences in resales.

Comment

But the builders list rain water harvesting as one of the amneties they provide. The PMC should make this mandatory for all the constructions-new and old.

Comment

Originally posted by vinitbhamare
        I have seen few projects where they call themselves echo friendly/green but have not implemented simple Rainwater harvesting.

-Vinit
        Also, there is a builder calling their project child centric homes. But they do not have grills on windows. A must have safety feature for homes having small children. Eric clapton(reknowed singer) lost his 3 year old toddler after he fell from the window of his apartment into the floors below.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X