Hi,

We are looking to buy a 3 to 4 bhk at a budget of around 75 L in Pune.
Can someone please suggest the areas, complex which are pure residential in pune.Are there complex with independent houses available near aundh, koregaon park etc.

Thank You

Regards
DAS
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Put it in a bank and have a rented apartment. Interest can give you sufficient amount for rent!!!
    CommentQuote
  • We are looking to live in this house for good. Not looking to live in a rented place.

Appreciate some genuine feedback from the group.

Regards
    DAS
    CommentQuote
  • I would check out Kalyani nagar if I had your budget. Kalyani nagar is a very good residential location. But the problem is that there are very few new projects around. Most of the new projects are at Wadgaon sheri and claim that they are in kalyani nagar. You can check out the following new projects in Kalyaninagar -

Mittal crest
    Fortelezza- This is in a prime location in kalyaninagar and have different sized apartments. Some in the forum dont regard this builder- Raviraj well. There is also a review which says that the complex is over crowded.

Victoria garden and Marigold are very expensive, I think about 90ls but not sure

Some good apartments for resales here are Raheja woods, Lunkad skylounge(I think this is expensive, but not sure), Clover water garden, Kumar Sophronia.

Viman nagar is another area I prefer as a good residential area with more scope for more commercial development.

Clover acropolis may fit into your budget- I have not seen the project, but these are ready possession spacious flats and the builder is reputed clover builders.

Mystique moods by Naiknavare are also having 3bhk with possession dates in Sep 10.

For resales, Zircon is a good option. Other resale options are lunkad amazon, lunkad gold coast, konark campus.

Koregaon park have very less new projects. The new projects like Kumar presidency, blossom boulevard are very expensive, starting 1 crore. All the resales I have enquired about so far are very old societies.

On the other end, Aundh, Erandwana are also very good residential locations. But I'm not looking at these places. Hopefully there are others in the forum who can give you inputs on projects here.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you for your reply. How about areas like Sopan Baug. Does anyone else have any suggestions. Any good projects in Aundh for my budget.

Thank You

DAS
    CommentQuote
  • Are you looking for Sopan bag or Aundh? Your target Destinations don't sound closer...your budget is such that you can easily get near wherever you are working...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I am open to any good residential area with very good school around nearby.

Regards
    DAS
    CommentQuote
  • Magarpatta ...

Checkout Magarpatta Township as well. Individual bungalows are not available from builder but might be available in resale.

With your budget you might be able to get a decent 3BHK in Laburnum park (which is part of Magarpatta city).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DASaaa
    Thank you for your reply. How about areas like Sopan Baug. Does anyone else have any suggestions. Any good projects in Aundh for my budget.

Thank You

DAS

Sopan baug is also a very nice quiet residential area behind empress gardens with good accessibility to camp(as you were also looking at good schools, there are some very good schools in camp). La Cresta from Paranjpye is there. They were quoting 63 ls for 2bhk. 3bhk may fit into your budget after negotiations. you can check up with them. There is also a project from Devi group there, but I'm not sure about the rate. Amar Renaissance is also there, but I think it is exclusively 4bhk. There are others projects too in Sopan baug area which I do not remember now. I dropped Sopan baug from my list after I found out that they are way beyond my budget. There is an exhaustive list of properties available in Sopan baug area from puneproperties.com-http://www.puneproperties.com/sopan-baug-projects.php. Just make sure that teh projects in Sopan baug dont fall under BT kawade road, since that area has mixed residences with lower middle class older constructions and new constructions. It will not give the exclusive posh appearance like the core Sopan baug area.

I personally wouldnt prefer the Magarpatta or Amanora township. They don't form housing societies and the entire township is still under Magarpatta group. So technically we never own the place even though we pay the market rate or above to buy the place. Also I'm not very comfortable with the lease concept they have. They have an agreement with the original owners of the land, I think the farmers, that the land is on lease for 99 years. Though in the agreement they mention that the lease period can be renewed, and many people are in the view that they will not push out the original residents even after lease is over, I'm not comfortable with this fact- Just my persona opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • I feel same too...
    99 year lease is complicated...
    Over that you are assured that the builder will always be there and society will never be formed. so u have to bear the arrogance of builder everyday.
    If you sell your house to someone else, you will have to get NOC from builder, if you transfer you loan from one bank to another bank, you will need NOC from builder. So everytime u r forced to deal with builder in magarpatta. I think same will be case for Amanora and any other township.
    You are never an owner of ur own house.

Originally Posted by Navina

I personally wouldnt prefer the Magarpatta or Amanora township. They don't form housing societies and the entire township is still under Magarpatta group. So technically we never own the place even though we pay the market rate or above to buy the place. Also I'm not very comfortable with the lease concept they have. They have an agreement with the original owners of the land, I think the farmers, that the land is on lease for 99 years. Though in the agreement they mention that the lease period can be renewed, and many people are in the view that they will not push out the original residents even after lease is over, I'm not comfortable with this fact- Just my persona opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Its as good as staying in Long term Rental :)
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you all for your help. Would independent house in a complex with all facilities fit my budget. Are there good residential areas again near by some good international schools that have such complex of independent houses.

Thank You

Das
    CommentQuote
  • I don't know the rates of row houses, but here are the list of places that are very close to international schools. You can check up with the builders on the rates and site visits on if you like the location, schools.

1. Lexicon international school - row houses are available at Wagholi. Chrysalis was being discussed in this forum recently. Currently the area does not come under PMC. So you need to check with individual builder on how they would supply water. Also I think most of these flats are investor flats or people who just buy to enjoy weekend getaways. I heard that accessibility to the city is very good though in terms of km its very far , about 18 km and nagar road is wide, handles the traffic well and connects to the city very well.

2. Symbiosis International - Resales at Kumar city at Kalyaninagar. You can check out with the brokers listed in Pune mirror.

3. Vibgyor, Bishops International - Row houses are available at NIBM road, Kondhwa. Check out clover builders website. There are some row houses by Nyati in Mohammadwadi road.

4. Sharad Pawar International - Dhanori or Lohegaon. But I'm not sure if there are row houses here. There are certainly apts.

5. Mercedes Benz International school - Check out blue ridge project at Hinjewadi. 2 months back, they quoted me 3500 psf.

6. MIT gurukul - This is really way out of the city. Check out Hadapsar or Kharadi. Kumar Picasso project has row houses and is located at Hadapsar. There may be others. Kharadi has Greens ville by Gera.

These are the list of International schools which I know of in Pune. Again most of the above areas may not come under PMC and you will have to check out how adequate is the water suppy and other issues. I would like to know the reason behind your preference for international school.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks. Looking at international schools as hopefully the student teacher ratio will be lesser than other local schools where the student teacher ration is 1:40 and feel an average child gets lost in it.

Regards
    DAS
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the international schools follow the IGCSE syllabus which is not of Indian standard. So unless you do not want your kids to compete in the Indian entrance exams, you may want to consider schools affliated to standard indian boards like the CBSE,ICSE OR SSC.

From the above list only Vibgyor and Bishops are affliated to ICSE. For the higher classes they give a choice of ICSE or IGCSE I think or its for lower classes, I'm not sure. VIBGYOR has a low teacher to student ratio and have won praises from many parents. Their classes are spacious airconditioned- some consider this good. But I personally wouldnt prefer Vibgyor due to lack of playground.

Symbiosis is regarded well by many but I think they follow IGCSE. Lexicon and MIT have mixed reviews.

Sharad Pawar and Mercedes have fees with roof top figures. I feel they are mainly for expatriates.

*PS to everyone who is reading this thread: Sorry if this post appears like a school review rather than for RE
    CommentQuote
  • if u can wait for a couple of years, Rohan Mithila can be a good option...
    its close to symbiosis
    Originally Posted by DASaaa
    Thanks. Looking at international schools as hopefully the student teacher ratio will be lesser than other local schools where the student teacher ration is 1:40 and feel an average child gets lost in it.

Regards
    DAS
    CommentQuote