18 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Suggestion for house in Pune

Its as good as staying in Long term Rental

Comment

Thank you all for your help. Would independent house in a complex with all facilities fit my budget. Are there good residential areas again near by some good international schools that have such complex of independent houses.

Thank You

Das

Comment

I don't know the rates of row houses, but here are the list of places that are very close to international schools. You can check up with the builders on the rates and site visits on if you like the location, schools.

1. Lexicon international school - row houses are available at Wagholi. Chrysalis was being discussed in this forum recently. Currently the area does not come under PMC. So you need to check with individual builder on how they would supply water. Also I think most of these flats are investor flats or people who just buy to enjoy weekend getaways. I heard that accessibility to the city is very good though in terms of km its very far , about 18 km and nagar road is wide, handles the traffic well and connects to the city very well.

2. Symbiosis International - Resales at Kumar city at Kalyaninagar. You can check out with the brokers listed in Pune mirror.

3. Vibgyor, Bishops International - Row houses are available at NIBM road, Kondhwa. Check out clover builders website. There are some row houses by Nyati in Mohammadwadi road.

4. Sharad Pawar International - Dhanori or Lohegaon. But I'm not sure if there are row houses here. There are certainly apts.

5. Mercedes Benz International school - Check out blue ridge project at Hinjewadi. 2 months back, they quoted me 3500 psf.

6. MIT gurukul - This is really way out of the city. Check out Hadapsar or Kharadi. Kumar Picasso project has row houses and is located at Hadapsar. There may be others. Kharadi has Greens ville by Gera.

These are the list of International schools which I know of in Pune. Again most of the above areas may not come under PMC and you will have to check out how adequate is the water suppy and other issues. I would like to know the reason behind your preference for international school.
        Last edited by Navina; October 14 2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Looking at international schools as hopefully the student teacher ratio will be lesser than other local schools where the student teacher ration is 1:40 and feel an average child gets lost in it.

Regards
          DAS

Comment

Most of the international schools follow the IGCSE syllabus which is not of Indian standard. So unless you do not want your kids to compete in the Indian entrance exams, you may want to consider schools affliated to standard indian boards like the CBSE,ICSE OR SSC.

From the above list only Vibgyor and Bishops are affliated to ICSE. For the higher classes they give a choice of ICSE or IGCSE I think or its for lower classes, I'm not sure. VIBGYOR has a low teacher to student ratio and have won praises from many parents. Their classes are spacious airconditioned- some consider this good. But I personally wouldnt prefer Vibgyor due to lack of playground.

Symbiosis is regarded well by many but I think they follow IGCSE. Lexicon and MIT have mixed reviews.

Sharad Pawar and Mercedes have fees with roof top figures. I feel they are mainly for expatriates.

*PS to everyone who is reading this thread: Sorry if this post appears like a school review rather than for RE
            Last edited by Navina; October 14 2009, 05:11 PM.

Comment

if u can wait for a couple of years, Rohan Mithila can be a good option...
              its close to symbiosis
              Originally posted by DASaaa View Post
              Thanks. Looking at international schools as hopefully the student teacher ratio will be lesser than other local schools where the student teacher ration is 1:40 and feel an average child gets lost in it.

Regards
              DAS

Comment

Thank you again. Looking to buy the house by Jan'10. So looking at ready posession house.

Regards
                DAS

Comment

When we enquired last month for Rohan Mithila, the sales told us that the row houses were reserved only for the owners from whom Rohan builders had purchased the land from. They do have apartments of many sizes for 1/2/3 bhk ,Duplex etc with varying psf rates depending on the type of apartment, whether its ameneties , non ameneties facing and floor rises. But anyway I did not like the sample flat. The kitchen was in the front hall and with no demarcation between the hall and kitchen, the balcony heights were very short-can pose danger for the upper floors for small children and the bathroom doors were very narrow. But their interior designer had done a good job of making the sample flat appear hip.

Comment

Try Gera Skyvilla

How soon do you want it. Gera is promising possession in Dec'09 but I don't think they will be able to deliver before June. But check out and negotiate a good price for a 2285 sq ft house for 70 lakhs or even less

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X